24a. Dying for Pie

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
i think you have a spelling mistake here, you accidently put 9/10 instead of 10/10

i do agree with your review, this episode is my fav episode of spongebob so i'm a little biased
LMAO I was very worried for a second there. Hey, if this is your favorite episode, I respect it. It's a worthy choice.

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
I did NOT mean to review this one before my other requests. It was on last night, I decided since it was on, I'd watch it and give it a good review! So I apologize for doing this one before Boating Buddies, Dumped, and Fungus Among Us.

But today's a REALLY good review! Dying for Pie is one of my top 5 episodes, and looking at my notes, I didn't have a single bad thing to say about it. I'm glad though, many of my planned reviews were some of the worst episodes (excluding Dumped, I picked that one). It's good to do a positive review for a change, I'm not exactly known for my positivity but it's great to review an actually good.

Let's start off!

For the beginning. The beginning is great. It all seems like any normal episode at the Krusty Krab. And it's Employee Brotherhood Day! I like how along with Squidward, Mr. Krabs is also seen to actually care about SpongeBob, unlike episodes when Mr. Krabs just uses him as a disposable employee. I like Season 2 Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob's relationship, it's actually a great dynamic, Mr. Krabs favorite employee, it's kinda like a father-son relationship, and I enjoy it.

But, as we go on, I like the Squidward sweater scene, I like the joke about SpongeBob using a watermelon for size for Squidward's head. This entire part was great. And my #1 favorite quote I still use: "Is this one better, Squidward? I made this one with my tears". Quite relatable, I make many things with my tears.

But anyway, when Squidward is buying the pie bomb, it came to me: we still have no idea what flavor that pie was. Stupid question, but I'd like to know. Continuing on. So this next part, coming around, when Mr. Krabs says he's seen this 11 times already (I'm wondering what Mr. Krabs did to see that 11 times), and Squidward goes insane with the "drown in it". (Note: there's this stupid meme that says british people when they see a drone, thought it was kinda funny, thought it'd be funny to at least mention).

So as Squidward and SpongeBob are crossing off figuratively "SpongeBob's bucket list", (list of the most fun things), and Squidward is complient, and that he geniunely wants to see SpongeBob happy for his last day. This is the main reason this episode is one my favorites. Squidward is usually seen to hate SpongeBob, but the change of character actually made this such an amazing and well-executed episode. Despite the premise being pretty sad in itself, Squidward thinking SpongeBob is going to die, they managed to still make it a funny and enjoyable episode.

At the end/closer to the end part. "It's just you, me, and this brick wall you built between us". This part really finishes off the top of this episode. Seeing Squidward geniunely seem so sad about SpongeBob "dying" is the kind of character change-up I like to see! But, I also liked the way ending, when Squidward freaks out about the pie. And then SpongeBob drops it and it explodes. I love when random things explode on SpongeBob. It's one of my favorite things about Season 2, random things exploding.

So what's my final rating of this episode??

11/10. It's off the scale! Literally, an episode with no negative comments whatsoever. This episode is perfect in my opinion. One of the best Season 2 episodes and overall one of the best episodes. Becoming one of my favorites! So 11/10!

Back