245b. King Plankton

coft

happy hopping moron
Just aired 2 hours ago.

Plot: Plankton practices ruling the world by shrinking himself down & declaring himself king of SpongeBob’s aquarium

I liked it.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
It was a good episode. I really liked it. 8.5/10

I thought this episode was alright. I feel like it could have been better if the creatures in SpongeBob's aquarium had more personality and Patrick is awfully dumb here, moreso than usual. That being said, I liked Plankton's role here.

THE LIST:
1. The Krusty Slammer (A)
2. FarmerBob (B)
3. King Plankton (C)
4. The Nitwitting (C)
5. The Ballad of Filthy Muck (D)

GuyAtWalmart

Banished
The episode shows hope for Season 12. This was a really good episode. I liked the jokes that came along with it. Plus, the plot is creative and doesn't just focus on

"Plankton tries to win the Krabby Patty formula"

Overall, a real good episode. 8.5/10

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I really like how they had Plankton imitate the "Girl's Night Out" episode with the 'er-er-er' quote at the end of takeover. Well done.

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Simply solid episode, nothing that special though besides the environment, which I enjoyed.

Good Episode (7.5/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I dont care for this one. It was completely uninteresting and super boring. I hate the sacrifice scene for containing both Plankton and Patrick torture.

Rating: Bad Episode

Rankings:
The Krusty Slammer (Great)
Gary's Got Legs (Great)
Gary & Spot (Great)
The Ballad of Filthy Muck (Good)
FarmerBob (Good)
Pineapple RV (Okay)
King Plankton (Bad)
The Nitwitting (Despicable)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
“King Plankton” is a purely Plankton episode. And by that I mean that it’s basically all about him, not even him with another main character. Now, he’s got other characters to bounce off of, the sea chimps, but again they’re not main characters, so this episode is really just focused on him.

I really, really love the shot of SpongeBob skipping around with the aquarium, it’s just so expressive and adorable. And SpongeBob all throughout this beginning segment is pretty cute, though he looks like he’s on something. The joke with the couple was hilariously adult. I also like how apparently SpongeBob has a friendly enough relationship with Karen that she’s agreed to watch his sea chimps while he’s at work. I also loved the little moment with Plankton, being launched from the Krusty Krab, passing by SpongeBob who’s coasting towards the Krusty Krab. It was just a neat lil moment.

This episode isn’t about Plankton trying to steal the formula; it’s about his megalomaniacal tendencies. So when he sees SpongeBob’s aquarium of sea chimps, he decides that he’s going to make himself their ruler because he needs to start small to rule the world. Also, one small thing, but I loved the track playing in this scene, Farewell to the Islands. We haven’t seen that track since “Fungus Among Us”, or since. It’s only played 2 times! I wanna hear it again.

Plankton rules like a tyrant, continuously slipping on banana peels. It’s decently entertaining seeing him act like this, but I don’t really have much to say. I’m not particularly laughing or anything, but I also don’t dislike what I’m seeing. Eventually, the sea chimps seemingly have had enough of Plankton, and they knock him out and then tie him up to something that is clearly a place of ritual sacrifice. Turns out, when you’re king, you get sacrificed to the “tongue”, which is Patrick’s tongue, as apparently he’s the one who’s been eating SpongeBob’s sea chimps, not Gary. Dang, how’d he track them down to the Chum Bucket then? Maybe SpongeBob told him, who knows?

We get another great track in the scene of Patrick tryna eat all the sea chimps, Hawaii Hawaii. This is also a track I wouldn’t mind seeing more of, thank you very much. After the old king makes Plankton’s situation worse, Plankton decides to have him help save everybody using Plankton’s shrinking belt. Except, sike, he wasn’t actually trying to save everyone at all, he was just trying to cushion his fall LMAO. And SpongeBob walks in to see Patrick eating his sea chimps, and Patrick tries to deny it. His dramatics about it are funny at least. And I guess Patrick ends up getting what he deserves, as the old king ends up making the sea chimps grow while they’re in Patrick’s stomach. And then they all move into the Chum Bucket. So Plankton just launches it into the horizon. And then Patrick eats him. Man, no winning for that dude, is there?

“King Plankton” was a perfectly fine episode. Nothing about it quite stuck out to me, and I don’t really feel that strongly about it one way or another. Would I rewatch it? Perhaps not purposefully. But I would if I was, say, watching my season 12 DVD and this episode came on. So I think a low-Good fits best here. Just something didn’t quite connect, maybe it was the humor? Not sure. But after the first couple minutes the episode just wasn’t too great for me, but it was serviceable.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.2/10

Back