243b. The Ballad of Filthy Muck

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
Airing January 20th, 2019.

"Patrick takes his grime to a new extreme, playing around in so much trash that he becomes unrecognizable."

BusterBunnyCH

Imitation Krab
Other boring and generic gross-out episode. I miss the more creative,funny and simple episodes of season 9b/10. one of the only interesting things is some visual jokes.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
This was definitely more tolerable than The Nitwitting, but wasn’t a gem by any stretch. The twist was handled well (though chronologically strange), I liked seeing the Amazing guy return at least, and the song’s fine. Those don’t change the fact that it’s a very basic gross-out episode, with SpongeBob perfectly fine with being an outcast for little reason, and low-hanging comedy.

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
This is (so far) My least favorite season 12 episode, but the unwitting is a close second.

Lettuce Have Fun

Floating Shopping List
This episode was written way before his death.
It's almost like cartoon fans somehow continuously miss the fact that a single episode takes at least a year to be made because I keep seeing people make this comment.

Regarding the quality of the show: No, the show isn't worse, you guys. You're just depressed and getting older without finding any meaning in your personal life. Don't blame the writers for your shortcomings.

Regarding the quality of the show: No, the show isn't worse, you guys. You're just depressed and getting older without finding any meaning in your personal life. Don't blame the writers for your shortcomings.
That's a pretty rude thing to say. I do think that this season has so far been disappointing, and it has nothing to do with depression or age. I just haven't found any Season 12 episodes to be very funny. That doesn't mean I'm "blaming the writers" for anything. I just didn't enjoy the episode, and so I figured that since there's a discussion page for the episode I might as well say that I didn't like it.

Lettuce Have Fun

Floating Shopping List
Yeah I can get grouchy, but I'm not talking to you, though. That "you guys" is a genuine comment at the large amount of depressed people who mistakenly believe X form of media to be genuinely bad because they can't enjoy something while in a blue mood. Correlation =/= causation, folks!

(And I'm a bit riled up on the nonstop hate that new SB gets for no good reason, tbh.)

PizzaApple

Giant Clam
This was definitely more tolerable than The Nitwitting, but wasn’t a gem by any stretch. The twist was handled well (though chronologically strange), I liked seeing the Amazing guy return at least, and the song’s fine. Those don’t change the fact that it’s a very basic gross-out episode, with SpongeBob perfectly fine with being an outcast for little reason, and low-hanging comedy.
It's fine I guess.

Last edited:

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I Found it fun to watch. . .

Even though I Found it OOC for Patrick to actually take a Bath; due to his constant preference of being Dirty throughout the Series; Especially the Season 5 episode: Battle of Bikini Bottom

This episode was very gross. It's not Ink Lemonade levels of bad by any means but I still wouldn't recommend it.

THE LIST:
1. FarmerBob (B)
2. The Nitwitting (C)
3. The Ballad of Filthy Muck (D)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Very forgettable episode. It's not too bad but it's not one I'd really come back to.

Eh episode (5.5/10)

Back