240b. Girls' Night Out

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Synopsis: Sandy wants to spend a night in the city with Karen and Mrs. Puff, so the ladies can let off some steam.

Discuss this episode when it airs.

EB The Original Master

Part Computer or Something
Where do I begin with this episode? It's nothing too special and kind of a waste of time and effort.

For starters, Sandy was the WRONG choice to host this "Girls Night Out" because her brain is so nonfunctional and acts like she can't control her craziness in this episode.

Another issue with this episode is Sandy, Karen, and Mrs. Puff definition of hanging out. Only one thing was done in a mature fashion which was them enjoying milkshakes at the cafe. THE REST WAS JUST PULLING PRANKS ON PLANKTON AND SPONGEBOB! What the heck!

And to make matters worst, they almost got SpongeBob killed because of their careless actions and even Sandy admitted it because of her dumb actions. And the whole "Gal Pals" is so dumb and sounds like something a teenager would say.

Overall, I'd expected more from this episode. I wanted more mature things like what they did at the cafe such as watching a movie or playing miniature golf. But nope.

My final rating is a 7/10. Okay episode.

GuyAtWalmart

Banished
Two words: Let down.

1. Help Wanted (10/10)
2. The Algae's Always Greener (10/10)
3. Your Shoes Untied (8/10)
4. Fear of a Krabby Patty (8/10)
5. Patricks Coupon (7.9/10)
6. Girls Night Out (6/10)

darkrage6

Floating Shopping List
I thought this was a pretty good episode, it's always interesting to see characters paired up who don't normally interact with one another.

EB The Original Master

darkrage6 said:
I thought this was a pretty good episode, it's always interesting to see characters paired up who don't normally interact with one another.
That's the only good thing I could say about Girls' Night Out. I can't believe the writers wanted them to pull pranks. That's really lazy.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I felt this was a good episode. It’s slightly problematic that this season’s speed and animation are being used to tell a character-driven episode, but I like the pranks, and think the gals were in-character (remember, Sandy isn’t just smart, and Mrs Puff has always had some pent-up anger). I don’t think the male characters were equal(?) enough in intelligence, but I still got some laughs from this episode and followed its story through to the end.

EB The Original Master

EmployeeAMillion said:
I felt this was a good episode. It’s slightly problematic that this season’s speed and animation are being used to tell a character-driven episode, but I like the pranks, and think the gals were in-character (remember, Sandy isn’t just smart, and Mrs Puff has always had some pent-up anger). I don’t think the male characters were equal(?) enough in intelligence, but I still got some laughs from this episode and followed its story through to the end.
Real question. Do you really think Sandy is "smart"?

Lettuce Have Fun

Floating Shopping List
Seemed in character to me.
I've seen a surprising number of people expect them (sandy, karen, mrs puff) to act "mature" in this ep, despite the guys on the show basically never acting mature (translation: acting boring lol)

alsoooo, it's not writerS with an S, its writer. yknow, singular. there's only one person writing a script per episode these daze.

I kind of enjoyed seeing some of the stuff the characters did, but I agree with others that not much stands out.

THE LIST:
1. Bottle Burglars (A+)
2. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
3. Karen's Virus (A)
4. Teacher's Pests (A)
5. My Leg! (A)
6. Squid Noir (A)
7. Scavenger Pants (A)
8. Chatterbox Gary (A)
9. Appointment TV (A)
10. Call the Cops (A)
11. Man Ray Returns (B)
12. Doodle Dimension (B)
13. Spin The Bottle (B)
14. Larry The Floor Manager (B)
15. Drive Happy (B)
16. Sanitation Insanity (B)
17. Moving Bubble Bass (B)
18. Krusty Kleaners (B)
19. Stuck On The Roof (B)
20. High Sea Diving (B)
21. ChefBob (B)
22. Goons on the Moon (B)
23. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
24. The Grill is Gone (B)
25. Whale Watching (B)
26. Plankton Paranoia (B)
27. Patnocchio (B)
28. Surf N' Turf (B)
29. Spot Returns (B)
30. Girls' Night Out (B)
31. Shopping List (B)
32. The Night Patty (B)
33. Mustard O'Mine (C)
34. Pat the Horse (C)
35. Cave Dwelling Sponge (C)
36. Bubbletown (C)
37. The Clam Whisperer (C)
38. Library Cards (C)
39. No Pictures, Please (C)
40. Cuddle E. Hugs (C)
41. Old Man Patrick (C)
42. Grandmum's the Word (C)
43. Don't Feed the Clowns (C)
44. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (C)
45. The Check-Up (D)
46. Bunny Hunt (D)
47. Fun-Sized Friends (D)
48. Ink Lemonade (F-)

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Sandy's character layout reminded me of some of those CN shows or even Loud House.

I like how SB's birthday license expired in 2003. Nice detail.

I loved Mrs Puff being all evil when SpongeBob "drove" and got all bumpy. Was truly a great facial expression and I wish there were more of it.

iedasb

Crazy Artist
These three characters have nothing in common, this episode shouldn't exist.
Awful, lame jokes, lame pranks. It's like watching one of those cringy fake joke youtube videos.
ugh ok SpongeBob's part was cool nice ending wish these lame "gals" out of character suffered more.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Finally, I’m reviewing “Girls’ Night Out”! I’ve been waiting for this episode for so long now. And I mean that in more than one sense. Yeah, I’ve been looking forward to reviewing this one specifically, but I’ve also been just looking for an episode like this for a long time now. Not only is it about characters we don’t normally focus on—Sandy, Mrs. Puff, and Karen—but it’s also about them interacting with each other, something we also have basically never seen before. So I am very happy about this development.

I like that this episode has Sandy, Karen, and Mrs. Puff as established friends. It makes me wonder what their first get together was like. But anyway, they’re established enough friends that they hang out regularly to de-stress from their normal lives. Well, Karen and Mrs. Puff destress. Sandy remains unbothered. Plankton throwing a whole tantrum is hilarious, and of course SpongeBob continues to be unable to drive.

Sandy decides to give Karen and Mrs. Puff the fun night out they deserve…they’re gonna prank some fools. First to be pranked is Plankton. Sandy and Mrs. Puff hilariously pretend to be Mr. Krabs, while Karen does the voice (also hilariously). Plankton falls for the obvious prank, and the ensuing chaos it causes, eventually resulting in a cannon/laser fight, is again really funny and amusing. And it makes Karen feel better.

Next is SpongeBob’s turn. I love how this episode hints at Mrs. Puff having a…fascinating past with the way she easily breaks into SpongeBob’s house LMAO. The prank this time is to give SpongeBob a VR helmet and make him think he’s driving. This prank makes a little less sense to me, in terms of how it’s supposed to be funny, but perhaps the episode realizes that too, as it doesn’t take long for things to go wrong as Mrs. Puff wants things to be a little more rough on the guy. This is basically just “Demolition Doofus”, right? lol. Leave it to SpongeBob to somehow be a disaster on wheels when he’s in a literal shopping cart.

Now it’s time for a chase scene, my favorite! I just love Sandy, Karen, and Mrs. Puff working together here, they’re really fun to watch. And I loved the joke with Karen saying Gal Pals at the wrong time haha. It’s really nice to see these characters have…flaws I guess? I don’t know, especially with Karen and Mrs. Puff I feel like we don’t get much of their character but more of their reactions to the two relevant characters in their lives, you know? So this episode we really get to see more of them and get to see them do more than usual.

After the chaos ends, SpongeBob finds out he’s been pranked. But Sandy was right—he loves pranks! He’s so cute in this episode. Sandy decides to take her two friends somewhere where they can spend the night in peace—microscopically. But of course, there’s no such thing as peace for these ladies, as all their antics bite them in the but with Krabs, Plankton, and SpongeBob showing up too.

Y’all already know what my next comment is—more Gal Pal episodes. Now. I know that there’s another one, but guess what? I need more. With haste.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.4/10

Back