Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
A classic and memorable episode with a lot of jokes to offer, sadly SpongeBob is a bit too oblivious for my tastes 8.5/10.

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
It's just okay to me. There are some good gags (Mainly Leif Erickson Day), but how Spongebob acts annoys me a little bit and if Bubble Buddy is really alive, why is he doing stuff like killing people and wasting hours in the bathroom?

6.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I liked some parts and I consider it a good episode but it could have done way better IMO...I liked the scene with Squidward being Bubble Buddy's ''servant''..The ending was kind of boring IMO...that's what ruined it for me (actually it didn't ruin it, but it got way less fun than it was) , but anyways, I give it a 8/10

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
Another classic and good episode, but I will say that bathroom scene was kind of tedious and SpongeBob was kind of oblivious but there were good gags like Bubble money and "Shake that bubble butt". Not really much else to say it's a good episode.

8/10

This is the definition of a mediocre episode. The plot is mediocre, the comedy is mediocre, the execution is mediocre, everything is mediocre. The only thing that really stands out about this episode is Leif Erikson Day.

Ranking so far:
1. Big Pink Loser (A+)
2. Squid's Day Off (A)
3. Your Shoe's Untied (B)
4. Something Smells (B)
5. Bossy Boots (C)
6. Bubble Buddy (C)

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I think the plot kinda ruins the comedy here, they're trying to be funny, but they're being irritating. I am not really a fan of this one ether, just mediocre for me.

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
First of all: Bubble Buddy's VA also voiced Chad Ghostal from SGC2C. That alone (I just discovered that today) gives me newfound appreciation for the character, because I'm not going to watch any of his episodes without thinking "Hello there... Tad! MUHAHAHAHAHA!"

Second, the slow motion scene near the end ruins the episode for me. I don't know about you, but slowing someone's voice down is ridiculous IMO and the vowel screwing just makes it worse. It's ANNOYING and egregious. So that's why this episode is a Meh. I prefer Bubbletown.

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This episode has the same problems that Your Shoe's Untied and Bossy Boots had with the addition of unlikable characters. Bubble Bubby coming alive at the end also just doesn't make much sense. Not a big fan of this one.

Average episode (5/10)

1. Something Smells (9)
2. Big Pink Loser (9)
3. Squid's Day Off (9)
4. Bossy Boots (6)
5. Your Shoe's Untied (6)
6. Bubble Buddy (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
4/10

The beginning was pretty good. There were some jokes I laughed at, and it had a nice ring to it. Unfortunately, the rest was either bland, or just plain outraging. I don't really like SpongeBob here. He acts like Bubble Buddy is the king of the world and doesn't care if somebody even ACTUALLY FRIGGIN DIES from him.

Big Pink Loser: (10/10)
Something Smells: (10/10)
Squids Day Off: (9.5/10)
Your Shoes Untied: (9/10)
Bossy Boots: (8.5/10)
Bubble Buddy: (4/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Nearly close to meh because Bubble Buddy killed someone (Scooter). Plus the jokes are cool and the animation is neat!

Rating: Polite

Rankings:
Big Pink Loser (Perfect)
Squid's Day Off (Tolerant)
Something Smells (Polite)
Bubble Buddy (Polite)
Bossy Boots (Polite)
Your Shoe's Untied (Dull)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Easily one of the most recognizable episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants, we've got "Bubble Buddy"! It's interesting, though. This episode is definitely very well-known, but the general consensus around it is that it's good at best. And frankly, I'm going to have to join in on that one.

Let's get the bad out of the way first. This episode is quite slow. I can tell that a lot of the jokes rely on this slowness, but it simply doesn't work here. Also the fact that there were like 3 different jokes that relied on slowness and time passing to be the punchline is not a good thing in my opinion. The first joke that did this is the montage of the "buddies" SpongeBob comes up with, especially once he makes Bubble Buddy and he's just sitting on a see-saw. It happens twice at Goo Lagoon, with the bathroom joke and the set up with Scooter. Scooter's segment is probably the funniest of the three, but they all frankly bore me. Now that I think about it, the whole segment at the Krusty Krab is slow as well, but I don't think it was part of the punchline. Also, the fact that Bubble Buddy ends up being sentient raises a lot of questions about what happened with Scooter lmao (some good fridge humor at work, I'll give them that).

Okay, time to focus on the good. The beginning of this episode is strong, at least until the buddy montage I mentioned earlier. I especially like the Squidward note section, that was just funny. That makes it all the more disappointing later when the episode doesn't quite deliver. But anyway, we're focusing on the positives now. I do like the absurdity of this episode's concept, and SpongeBob's speech at the end is very relatable, because I will call every random thing my buddy. The ending is just so random and absurd so I appreciate it.

I think that's all I can really say about this episode. It's so slow-going that there really isn't all that much going on at all, and unfortunately the episode bores me at multiple points. I like the Leif Erikson Day thing, and I already mentioned enjoying the very beginning of the episode, the absurdity of the whole thing, and the very ending. But the meat of the episode is just not it for me, and I feel all the characters are pretty weak here. Historically, I put this episode high in my "Good" tier, but I think that was just the nostalgia talking. I think it fits perfectly in my "Okay" tier.

Episode Tier: Okay
Episode Score:
6.8/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Easily one of the most recognizable episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants, we've got "Bubble Buddy"! It's interesting, though. This episode is definitely very well-known, but the general consensus around it is that it's good at best. And frankly, I'm going to have to join in on that one.

Let's get the bad out of the way first. This episode is quite slow. I can tell that a lot of the jokes rely on this slowness, but it simply doesn't work here. Also the fact that there were like 3 different jokes that relied on slowness and time passing to be the punchline is not a good thing in my opinion. The first joke that did this is the montage of the "buddies" SpongeBob comes up with, especially once he makes Bubble Buddy and he's just sitting on a see-saw. It happens twice at Goo Lagoon, with the bathroom joke and the set up with Scooter. Scooter's segment is probably the funniest of the three, but they all frankly bore me. Now that I think about it, the whole segment at the Krusty Krab is slow as well, but I don't think it was part of the punchline. Also, the fact that Bubble Buddy ends up being sentient raises a lot of questions about what happened with Scooter lmao (some good fridge humor at work, I'll give them that).

Okay, time to focus on the good. The beginning of this episode is strong, at least until the buddy montage I mentioned earlier. I especially like the Squidward note section, that was just funny. That makes it all the more disappointing later when the episode doesn't quite deliver. But anyway, we're focusing on the positives now. I do like the absurdity of this episode's concept, and SpongeBob's speech at the end is very relatable, because I will call every random thing my buddy. The ending is just so random and absurd so I appreciate it.

I think that's all I can really say about this episode. It's so slow-going that there really isn't all that much going on at all, and unfortunately the episode bores me at multiple points. I like the Leif Erikson Day thing, and I already mentioned enjoying the very beginning of the episode, the absurdity of the whole thing, and the very ending. But the meat of the episode is just not it for me, and I feel all the characters are pretty weak here. Historically, I put this episode high in my "Good" tier, but I think that was just the nostalgia talking. I think it fits perfectly in my "Okay" tier.

Episode Tier: Okay
Episode Score: 6.8/10
little floater's wild weekend > bubble buddy

Back