239b. The Night Patty

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Synopsis: SpongeBob helps out the Krusty Krab's night shift crew, but the customers crave something creepier than usual.

Discuss the episode here.

EB The Original Master

Part Computer or Something
Awesome episode! I loved that the Title Zone from No Pictures Please returned at the end with Patrick riding in the train. I also loved the southern female Squidward lookalike character and the Fisherman. 8/10.

Chris

Floridian
This episode turned out better than I expected it to.

I'm surprised Rock Bottom wasn't mentioned or shown though.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
It was a rather enjoyable episode, to be honest. A lot of great visuals make for an engaging viewing, and it’s fun seeing some old faces (and themes) return. In fact, I want to see a few of them return at some point, like R63 Squidward. The story’s looser than I would’ve wanted, but that’s a given for Season 11, and it’s still one of the most entertaining episodes of it.

A decent episode. It had some pretty cool references but it wasn't all that interesting to me.

THE LIST:
1. Scavenger Pants (A+)
2. Teacher's Pests (A+)
3. Bottle Burglars (A+)
4. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
5. Squid Noir (A)
6. Chatterbox Gary (A)
7. Call the Cops (A)
8. Man Ray Returns (A)
9. Doodle Dimension (A)
10. Krusty Kleaners (A)
11. Spin The Bottle (A)
12. Larry The Floor Manager (A)
13. Drive Happy (A)
14. Sanitation Insanity (B)
15. Stuck On The Roof (B)
16. ChefBob (B)
17. The Grill is Gone (B)
18. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
19. Mustard O'Mine (B)
20. Moving Bubble Bass (B)
21. Pat the Horse (B)
22. High Sea Diving (B)
23. My Leg! (B)
24. Plankton Paranoia (B)
25. Spot Returns (B)
26. Fun-Sized Friends (B)
27. Shopping List (B)
28. The Night Patty (B)
29. Cave Dwelling Sponge (B)
30. Patnocchio (C)
31. The Clam Whisperer (C)
32. Library Cards (C)
33. No Pictures, Please (C)
34. Whale Watching (C)
35. Cuddle E. Hugs (C)
36. Old Man Patrick (C)
37. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (C)
38. Don't Feed the Clowns (C)
39. The Check-Up (D)
40. Grandmum's the Word (D)
41. Bunny Hunt (D)
42. Ink Lemonade (F-)

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
This episode is pretty good. The Tidal Zone came back and i saw a continuity error. Glove World appears in this episode but it closed down in Glove World RIP.

Lettuce Have Fun

Floating Shopping List
AMAZING episode. incredible music choice (jean-jacques perrey!) happening in this episode, crazy designs, the writing was startling in the best way imaginable. 9.5/10, I love it!

GuyAtWalmart

Banished
spongie33 said:
This episode is pretty good. The Tidal Zone came back and i saw a continuity error. Glove World appears in this episode but it closed down in Glove World RIP.
I consider Glove World RIP to be un-canon.

FutureSponge

Imitation Krab
I absolutely adore this episode. This is the episode that most recently got me back into the show and made me want to watch everything that the newer seasons have to offer. I absolutely love it when the show uses horror concepts/plots, and this is probably the best example of it I've ever seen displayed. This is not only my favorite post sequel episode (that I've seen so far), but one of my favorite episodes of the show in general. Love the atmosphere, the characters, the story, the humor, the mere concept; everything about this episode is just perfect in my eyes. I wish the show would venture more into the creepy horror-esque episodes more often, because they usually end up being amongst my favorites, even the ones which are typically widely disliked. (SpongeHenge, Fungus Among Us, Gone, etc.) Overall score: 10/10.

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
COOL!!! I Love the Idea of a recurring theme for Episodes in the Twilight-zone Inspired Tidal Zone Anthology episodes; like No Pictures please and THIS Episode, The Night Patty!!!

I Sure hope we get to see MORE Tidal Zone Episodes of Spongebob; I'd Even Want to see some Episodes that Focus on Sandy Cheeks' Pre-Bikini Bottom Days back in texas(TBH, I'd prefer them being animated in the same style as Bikini Bottom, No Cut-away Photo-realistic Squirrel Pictures here; I want to see it animated on the surface as well in Texas) and getting to Meet Sandy's Family; Her Fraternal Twin Brother Randy, See her Defending her Rodeo Title; and See her fighting off the REAL Dirty Dan & Pinhead larry as Re-occuring antagonists(we can FINALLY See what Dirty Dan & Pinhead Larry ACTUALLY looked like); as well as more episodes that take place in The Trusty Slab(Why should such a GOOD Part of the special be a one-time thing; I want to see MORE episodes that take place at the Trusty Slab); I Mean We have more than 1 Mermaidman & Barnacleboy episode, and Several Plankton Vs Krabs centered Episodes; and even the Tidal zone has more than 1 episode; why can't We have some Texas-set Pre-bikini Bottom adventures of Sandy, or Trusty slab episodes; since It'd be disrespectful to put those aside from a Spinoff, since Steven Hillenburg's 3rd rule for the Spongebob show is: NO CROSSOVERS & SPIN-OFFS (*COUGH* KAMP KORAL *COUGH*), Alongside his first 2 rules for the show; The Identity of Pearl's Mother must NEVER be revealed, and Spongebob will NEVER be allowed to get his Boating License

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
“The Night Patty” is a fun little episode that I should start adding to my Halloween marathon. I really love the atmosphere of “The Night Patty”. It’s not the exact type of palpable atmosphere I usually adore, but something about this one just really gets me. It’s like “Séance Schméance” but better. And I also really like how Patrick is apparently a regular with this whole crew. I’m choosing to see all of this as a reference to “Graveyard Shift”.

I also like that this episode starts with SpongeBob and Patrick at Glove World, since it’s been a minute since we’ve seen that location. And yeah, they’re there for all of 3 seconds before getting funnily kicked out, but still. Patrick decides to take SpongeBob to the Krusty Krab’s night shift, which is filled with all sorts of strange creatures who look like they’ve come from “Rock Bottom”. SpongeBob is scared to death, and it’s funny. We meet Squidabeth, who’s a lot nicer than Squidward, that’s for sure. And SpongeBob learns that this place doesn’t sell Krabby Patties. It’s starting to sound more and more like this is an illegal operation of some kind…

Eventually, after trying some food, SpongeBob starts to like the place. But when he greets the cook, he ends up crushing the guys hand because of his strong handshake. So, SpongeBob does have some muscles after all! With the cook out of commission, and a midnight rush at the door, SpongeBob’s gotta take the guy’s place. And it’s approved by none other than Noseferatu, the night time boss. Now hold on a second…I’m really starting to think that this episode and “Graveyard Shift” are connected in more ways now lol. Doing some thinking…

With SpongeBob at the grill, he of course has the same problem he always has, only making Krabby Patties. But for once, everyone hates them. They like their normal fare. It’s fun seeing this change for once. I really loved all the references when SpongeBob started trying to find stuff in the freezer. We got references from season 1 all the way to season 10, that’s what I like to see! SpongeBob accidentally burns the patties, and apparently creates “night patties”, which everyone finds delicious. Well…everyone’s got different tastes I suppose. And somehow SpongeBob likes it too. I guess people do like charred meat…

Okay I don’t know why I keep ending paragraphs with ellipses. Anyway, everyone’s chilling until The Fisherman comes in, stealing everyone’s cash. SpongeBob’s naivety in dealing with him at first is hilarious. Then his sense of justice comes in, and he puts the guy under “fry cook’s arrest”, which is also funny to me. Then the two are fighting, and SpongeBob manages to outsmart him, getting him into the fry oil. But when SpongeBob shows the fried fisherman, everyone’s mad at him…turns out The Fisherman works there and robs them every night as tradition. Man, these people are odd. But at least they’re still friendly, welcoming him to the fold even after this mess-up.

Finally, it’s quittin’ time, and the workers of the night shift walk into the foggy morning. I love the atmosphere here, and we got a cool-looking background out of it too! Mr. Krabs walks in, and he denies any knowledge about a night shift, assuming it was a dream. And then we get the reveal that all of this took place in The Tidal Zone, meaning that yes, that story thread did continue from “No Pictures Please”! Well that just made me a lot happier. We need more episodes like this, I love this concept!

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.2/10

Back