238a. Appointment TV

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Synopsis: The long-lost episode of "Mermaid Man" is finally showing on TV, but SpongeBob may not make it home in time to watch.

Discuss this episode when it airs.

This episode was actually pretty good imo. This episode started out as good deeds, SpongeBob helping people out which wasn't anything too special. And all ended with Sandy preparing a play of them reenacting the Mermaidman and BarancleBoy lost episode.

I also liked how Old Man Jenkins at the end called everyone on stages "Kids" when he said "You kids get of my yard!" It was really funny. 9/10 rating.

November 3, 2018 Correction: Actually, Old Man Jenkins said "What are you kids doing out here in my outdoor amphitheater?"

Chris

Floridian
It's sick how everyone always takes advantage of SpongeBob.

Also him using a VCR and not DVD or Blu-ray or some DVR service?

EmployeeAMillion

A Real Bucko
I got some Overbooked vibes from this, but that’s not a bad thing. There were plenty of great jokes, tons of cool environments explored, and a nice message of repaying someone for their good deeds. This is honestly the heartiest episode since Mimic Madness.
Vuvuzela Smasher said:
Why didn't SpongeBob just look for a Mermaid Man fan with a recording of the episode?
They’d probably think he was a chump.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
It felt a little like Overbooked mixed with Best Day Ever, but that's not a bad thing as this episode was a lot better!

Additionally, I'm happy to see Mrs. Puff be nice to SpongeBob again

darkrage6

Yeah this was pretty good, it did feel like Overbooked mixed with Best Day Ever, but I enjoyed both of them so it worked out for me, got a kick out of Old Man Jenkins showing up.

Also I could relate to Spongebob as I often frequent the Lost Media Archive and it always excited me when some piece of media that was thought to be lost randomly shows up.

spongie33

The Quickster
I really liked this episode. I really liked the main characters showing their version of the show. 9.5/10

MY CHOCOLATE LEG!

Can't See For Free
This felt a lot like a send off to MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy. If it was, then it was definitely a great one. Like others have said, it's the Best Day Ever done better, and I like all the allusions in here. The little play at the end was entertaining as well as heartwarming. Great episode.

I thought this episode was very nice, SpongeBob was nice to everyone and everyone was nice back. But I do think that SpongeBob's crying got a bit annoying.

THE LIST:
1. Bottle Burglars (A+)
2. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
3. Teacher's Pests (A)
4. My Leg! (A)
5. Squid Noir (A)
6. Scavenger Pants (A)
7. Chatterbox Gary (A)
8. Appointment TV (A)
9. Call the Cops (A)
10. Man Ray Returns (B)
11. Doodle Dimension (B)