237. Goons on the Moon

hippythehippo

Banished
Goons on the Moon
Sandy takes her "Science Scout" troop on a trip to the moon. In space, no one can hear you NYAH-NYAH-NYAH-NYAH!

Godly description.

darkrage6

That turned out pretty good, i'm a fan of Lewis Black so I enjoyed him as Santa. New character Squidina was alright, wouldn't mind seeing more of her as it's nice to see Pearl have someone else to interact with. Spongebob destroying the moon by accident and having to replace it was a funny twist I didn't see coming(BTW has anyone noticed that Spongebob's voice has later been lower then it normally is?)

Also It was a bit odd how on Amazon this episode is called "Spacebob Merrypants" despite the title card saying otherwise.

I feel like this episode was originally going to be 11 minutes, because half the episode seems like filler. The rest is almost exactly the same as Mooncation. Santa being a jerk was pretty funny, at least.

darkrage6

Vuvuzela Smasher said:
I feel like this episode was originally going to be 11 minutes, because half the episode seems like filler. The rest is almost exactly the same as Mooncation. Santa being a jerk was pretty funny, at least.
There was a cancelled episode called Spacebob Invaderpants, I think it was going to be paired with another episode called Krabs Army, I have a theory this a re-worked version of that cancelled episode, so that might explain that.

RomNick

darkrage6 said:
There was a cancelled episode called Spacebob Invaderpants, I think it was going to be paired with another episode called Krabs Army, I have a theory this a re-worked version of that cancelled episode, so that might explain that.
Nope and nope. The episode was going to feature very creepy aliens, the designs of which Casey Alexander posted on his Twitter, but when he left the show, he deleted the tweet.

darkrage6

RomNick said:
Nope and nope. The episode was going to feature very creepy aliens, the designs of which Casey Alexander posted on his Twitter, but when he left the show, he deleted the tweet.
It's still possible this episode was a rewrite of that one.

This was a decent special. I don't think this episode NEEDED to be 22 minutes but they handled it pretty well.

THE LIST:
1. Bottle Burglars (A+)
2. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
3. Teacher's Pests (A)
4. My Leg! (A)
5. Squid Noir (A)
6. Scavenger Pants (A)
7. Chatterbox Gary (A)
8. Call the Cops (A)
9. Man Ray Returns (B)
10. Doodle Dimension (B)
11. Spin The Bottle (B)