235b. Plankton Paranoia

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I don't know about you but I'm pretty hyped for this episode.

Inb4 everyone gets hyped and it ends up being too bad like Ink Lemonade

Wonder if this will be less like One Coarse Meal than Ink Lemonade.

Perry The Platypus

....What?
I quite enjoyed this one. The premise is a natural fit for this show since it loves paranoia and the way it was done was pretty fun. The very very ending was a bit unneeded but the twist was fine and the rest was still enjoyable.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
This episode was the best of the week so far. I enjoy a lot of aspects of it. Pretty entertaining with Krab's descent into madness (with beautifully trippy scenes around the end of the episode, so beautiful to look at). Good characters and expressions too (I SAW SQUIDWARD WITH A SQUIGGLY MOUTH EXPRESSION IN THE MIDDLE WOOOO IT REMINDS ME OF WUNSCHPUNSCH). But yeah, overall entertaining episode. Probably one of the better episode since of Season 11 episodes for sure, and for the post second-movie era, since you all know I ain't too big on it.

6/10

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I enjoyed this episode. I liked the Plankton parniona and it was a early Halloween episode.

I enjoyed it. It wasn't too funny, but it felt very eerie and the whole episode was pretty cool. Much better than One Coarse Meal.

THE LIST:
1. Scavenger Pants (A+)
2. Teacher's Pests (A+)
3. Bottle Burglars (A+)
4. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
5. Squid Noir (A)
6. Chatterbox Gary (A)
7. Man Ray Returns (A)
8. Doodle Dimension (A)
9. Krusty Kleaners (A)
10. Spin The Bottle (A)
11. Larry The Floor Manager (A)
12. Drive Happy (A)
13. Sanitation Insanity (B)
14. Stuck On The Roof (B)
15. ChefBob (B)
16. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
17. Mustard O'Mine (B)
18. Moving Bubble Bass (B)
19. Pat the Horse (B)
20. High Sea Diving (B)
21. My Leg! (B)
22. Plankton Paranoia (B)
23. Spot Returns (B)
24. Fun-Sized Friends (B)
25. Shopping List (B)
26. Cave Dwelling Sponge (B)
27. Patnocchio (C)
28. The Clam Whisperer (C)
29. Library Cards (C)
30. No Pictures, Please (C)
31. Whale Watching (C)
32. Cuddle E. Hugs (C)
33. Old Man Patrick (C)
34. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (C)
35. Don't Feed the Clowns (C)
36. The Check-Up (D)
37. Grandmum's the Word (D)
38. Bunny Hunt (D)
39. Ink Lemonade (F-)

EB The Original Master

Part Computer or Something
GOOD EPISODE! Anyways, the ending when Mr. Krabs was blown up into the fireworks reminded me of the ending of Super Mario 3D World when Meoweser (aka cat Bowser) was blown up as a firework and the ending of the RoboBrood fight from Super Mario Odyssey when the Broodals faces were shown as fireworks.

darkrage6

Floating Shopping List
Well this episode certainly got darker then I was expecting(some of Mr Krabs haunting visions) but it was still pretty funny. Reminded me a little bit of New Leaf.

J-444

Floating Shopping List
This is the episode of changing feelings, for me. First, good fun, then later mediocrity (around the barrel sequence), then boredom (first bit of the 'banned' sequence), fun again, nightmare fuel, good intrigue (including a nicely-executed twist), then fun again (fireworks). Whoa.

Lots of the humor was really good, too. Not to say it was *all* good (all events just before/after and in the barrel sequence, again), but much of it was spot-on. Good plays.

Overall, it's better than plain good, and bordering on great, but not surpassing it. ~7.5-7.75/10.

Re-Hydrated Sponge

Moby Dollar
Best episode of the season IMO.Pretty good comedy, fantastic visuals and it was overall extremely creative while not having style over substance.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I feel like this is the lovechild of Clams and One Coarse Meal, taking Mr Krabs going insane, and rectifying the biggest problem people had with OCM, being that Plankton was more of a victim than Krabs. I also really like the animation here, all the faces are funny, and when things get intense, they leap off the screen. I don’t know if I’d call it a Season 11 highlight, but its story and animation are great.

Chris

Floridian
EmployeeAMillion said:
I feel like this is the lovechild of Clams and One Coarse Meal, taking Mr Krabs going insane, and rectifying the biggest problem people had with OCM, being that Plankton was more of a victim than Krabs. I also really like the animation here, all the faces are funny, and when things get intense, they leap off the screen. I don’t know if I’d call it a Season 11 highlight, but its story and animation are great.
The animation improves as the show gets older I think.

Look at the animation in the first episode and all the Season 11 ones.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Plankton Paranoia (S11 E235-B)

Before I started watching this episode, I thought it was going to be the next One Coarse Meal, literally because of the title. It makes me feel that Mr. Krabs will drive Plankton into suicide again.

After watching this episode, it's was SO FUNNY AS HECK!!! I died so hard when the paranoid and insane Mr. Krabs banned every customer jest because everybody is controlled by Plankton. It makes me think that this episode is a lovechild of Imitation Krabs and Clams.

Final Score = 10/10 :thumb1: :whoo:

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I Liked this episode;

It's kinda cool seeing Mr. Krabs out of Character like this; Being the Ones to Drive out his Own Customers who fill his drawers with Money; all because He suspects they're all really just Plankton in Disguise or Working for Plankton; Suppressing his Own Greed to protect his Formula at all costs; even at the expense of not making any Money. . .

Since Continuity doesn't really bother me; since the show doesn't care about Continuity; I Can Forgive the Plotholes of Being 1 year after the first Krabby Patty Theft attempt(And Spongebob knows who he is) and Plankton's First Episode; the Episode called Plankton!

The Tough Sponge Man

Floating Shopping List
Well, animation wise it's pretty impressive, and a handful of the jokes are pretty funny, but it feels like there should be a bit more of a reason as to why Krabs goes unhinged, such as the first episode being a normal day, Plankton steals the formula through a scheme that very nearly succeeds, leaving Krabs beaten or traumatized, and then he becomes unhinged for the formula. Not enough to ruin the episode, just not the best in Season 11's lineup.

8 Secret Formula's out of 10
BANNED

Back