235a. Library Cards

Coffee_lover

Banished
Synopsis:When Patrick discovers the pineapple's library,SpongeBob introduces him to the wonderful world of book learning.

Can’t wait to see another Patrick’s episode.Who know,maybe it’s gonna be as good as Pat the Horse,Patnocchio or even EPIC Lemonade.#hype

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Original thoughts:
FinnDinner said:
235A- Library Cards: When Patrick discovers the pineapple’s library, SpongeBob introduces him to the wonderful world of book learning.
This one could be decent. Except it doesn't follow continuity ether, Patrick's been in the library on a number of occasions like in Something Smells. Patrick's also older than SpongeBob and has been through school. This episode sounds like baby Patrick and I was never really a fan of that type. I'm guessing we'll get A LOT of dumb jokes here, which is whatever.
Yeah I still stand by pretty much what I said, I think this episode has a pretty good chance of being just middle of the road.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I liked the episode. I liked the books, Patrick’s brain, and the tv show. Also Smart Patrick is back but this one is not as bad as the first one.

Perry The Platypus

....What?
Wasn't crazy about this one. It had some enjoyment (I'll have WHAT I DO stuck in my head for awhile) but it's another one that may have had a bit too much energy for my tastes, and it's basically just Patrick Smartpants again. Seriously, they even bust out his smart voice again. It's nice to hear but just felt like a lesser version of that one to me.

Uncle Sherm

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Really dumb episode.

And that’s actually legit why I liked it 8/10

Kind of a dumb episode. It wasn't all that memorable, but it did have some good moments, but some things in this episode just annoyed me.

THE LIST:
1. Scavenger Pants (A+)
2. Teacher's Pests (A+)
3. Bottle Burglars (A+)
4. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
5. Squid Noir (A)
6. Chatterbox Gary (A)
7. Man Ray Returns (A)
8. Doodle Dimension (A)
9. Krusty Kleaners (A)
10. Spin The Bottle (A)
11. Larry The Floor Manager (A)
12. Drive Happy (A)
13. Sanitation Insanity (B)
14. Stuck On The Roof (B)
15. ChefBob (B)
16. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
17. Mustard O'Mine (B)
18. Moving Bubble Bass (B)
19. Pat the Horse (B)
20. High Sea Diving (B)
21. My Leg! (B)
22. Spot Returns (B)
23. Fun-Sized Friends (B)
24. Shopping List (B)
25. Cave Dwelling Sponge (B)
26. Patnocchio (C)
27. The Clam Whisperer (C)
28. Library Cards (C)
29. No Pictures, Please (C)
30. Whale Watching (C)
31. Cuddle E. Hugs (C)
32. Old Man Patrick (C)
33. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (C)
34. Don't Feed the Clowns (C)
35. The Check-Up (D)
36. Grandmum's the Word (D)
37. Bunny Hunt (D)
38. Ink Lemonade (F)

EB The Original Master

Part Computer or Something
All I can say about this episode is that it's just a low good. The show Patrick was watching wasn't really all that funny because it was boring and repetitive, and the reference to Patrick SmartPants where Patrick was gaining knowledge from the books was a nice callback. Overall, I give this episode a 8/10.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Look. I get that starfish don't have a brain, but this era has been taking Patrick's character to the point where he can't even function as a person at all. It's really annoying seeing him like this on the screen all the time now, almost to the point where his character is worse than Squidward's. It's just another visual wacky silly jokes episode that I will probably forget about due to how freaking boring it was and how hard it's trying to be with it's visual, dumb humor.

I will say that there's some nice facial expressions on SpongeBob in here but that doesn't save this gross, idiotic episode. 

Also the what'd I do quote got annoying the first minute it showed up. Christ we get it it's suppose to be an idiotic show don't need to repeat it seven times

Also Also, Bob Jacques isn't good for this show. His style of animation is creative but SpongeBob isn't the type of show for this Ren and Stimpy like pacing. It just isn't. Stop.

also also also I'm sick of seeing that freaking ren expression I see on Patrick around the end of the episode, I think it was somewhere around the beginning too, i freaking hate that expression to death. It's one of the worst expressions you can put on a cartoon character.

0/10

Chris

Floridian
Vuvuzela Smasher said:
I thought this episode was okay. It was certainly good compared to the other Patrick episodes this season
I disagree strongly.

I liked the Patrick episode from August a lot. Patnocchio.

Tyler730

I disagree strongly.

I liked the Patrick episode from August a lot. Patnocchio.
Glad I’m not the only one who loves Patnocchio. That’s actually my favorite of Season 11.

Chris

Floridian
Tyler730 said:
Glad I’m not the only one who loves Patnocchio. That’s actually my favorite of Season 11.
It's so much better than any of the September episodes.

All the August ones are good.

I'm not crazy about Krusty Kleaners though.

Lettuce Have Fun

Floating Shopping List
The show Patrick was watching wasn't really all that funny because it was boring and repetitive
But that was the point, remember how in order to become stupid again, Patrick just had to watch this predictable and monotonous cartoon over and over again?

I'm really getting the feeling that a lot of what this episode was trying to represent (at least at certain moments) was lost on a lot of people, its a salty piece of work.
Oh, on that note:

I didn't expect much from this one based on the synopsis because i assumed the episode would actually be literally about Patrick discovering books in the library. I didn't expect that it would be semi-self referential (w/r/t animation) and weirdly symbolic it seemed? i love when shows are openly bitter, meta, or symbolic and I definitely got all 3 of those from this ep!

great job 8.5/10

Klu

Moby Dollar
poowoo hiswoman said:
But that was the point, remember how in order to become stupid again, Patrick just had to watch this predictable and monotonous cartoon over and over again?

I'm really getting the feeling that a lot of what this episode was trying to represent (at least at certain moments) was lost on a lot of people, its a salty piece of work.
Oh, on that note:

I didn't expect much from this one based on the synopsis because i assumed the episode would actually be literally about Patrick discovering books in the library. I didn't expect that it would be semi-self referential (w/r/t animation) and weirdly symbolic it seemed? i love when shows are openly bitter, meta, or symbolic and I definitely got all 3 of those from this ep!

great job 8.5/10
What do you think that episode was trying to represent? I'm genuinely curious, since I have some thoughts on this episode too.

EB The Original Master

poowoo hiswoman said:

Oh, on that note:

great job 8.5/10
I know that.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
So I actually got to watch this at my petsit. I guess this is like a mix of Patrick Smartpants in it? Wasn’t a fan of this episode but it’s not one of the worst I’ve seen.

It would be nice if Patrick acted a tad smarter than he does in recent seasons. I’m glad he actually knew how to read because I thought they weren’t going to make that happen given how stupid Patrick has been lately. But the idea of Patrick getting smart isn’t ideal for any episode...

Glad to see I'm not the only person who wasn't crazy about this one. But then again, it's really not all that bad. Just forgettable. Sorta like Sportz?, except I think this one is a little better.

Chris

Floridian
jack_of_all_traids said:
Glad to see I'm not the only person who wasn't crazy about this one. But then again, it's really not all that bad. Just forgettable. Sorta like Sportz?, except I think this one is a little better.
Yeah this is a terrible episode if you ask me.

Back