233b. Krusty Kleaners

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Lots of slapstick ensues in this episode from the beginning, and was slightly predictable. But the episode flowed a bit better than its sister episode, with some feel good action/slapstick sequences, and good gags and humor. So good episode. 8.1/10

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Lots and lots of gags in this episode. The beginning was kind of slow but once we got to see the trash robot things got pretty interesting. This episode reminded me a lot of that Komputer Overload episode, except much better. The ending also reminds me a lot of Squid on Strike and similar episodes to that. This probably won't be the most memorable episode to me, but it was still pretty good.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I liked the robot battle. I liked this episode. 7/10

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Shopping List was a humorless wasteland with a botched execution. Whale Watching had a perfect execution of a standard sitcom storyline, with tons of great jokes and character growth. So where exactly does Krusty Kleaners stand? Is it a great episode with creative sequences and an interesting storyline like Mustard O’Mine? Or is it a filler episode, filled to the brim with wacky visuals with absolutely no substance, to fill in an eleven minute timeslot?
Right off the bat, we’re treated to a somewhat amusing opening; SpongeBob making a delivery, wacky hijinks ensue, he makes a mess in this office complex. Alright, pretty decent opening, I think the door gag is a little too much, but otherwise the pacing of this scene is pretty solid. It doesn’t throw the plot exactly right into your face, and doesn’t take forever to get the story started. Unfortunately, it’s all downhill from here. SpongeBob, dissatisfied with mistreating his customer’s meal, pledges to clean up his mess, once he gets off work. Alright, so I already have some issues with SpongeBob’s motivation. He pledges to clean it up, but he’s still got a job to do, so he plans on doing it right after work. The episode centers around the wacky shenanigans SpongeBob & Patrick partake in when cleaning up this office complex. It also centers around an external conflict between the duo & the cleaning robot. Now, right away the focus of the episode raises some complicated problems within the story’s development. To grant SB&P the freedom of having an entire building to wreak havoc, they’d have to go when there’s no one to stop them (Save for the cleaning robot). Otherwise, they’d be kicked out the moment they start cleaning up, and there’d be no episode. So, Kaz works around this by having SpongeBob show up at night. I have no problem with SpongeBob’s integrity, however his ignorance is blatantly used to give him a valid excuse to show up later that night. And I find that to be lazy storytelling. Yes, this is a perplexing complication, but there had to have been a better way to allow SpongeBob to show up later that night other than “Hurp-dee-durr! He didn’t hear her!”
And another moment that obviously wouldn’t have been used (Otherwise there’d be no reason for the plot to move forward), but’s still just the slightest bit frustrating is how SpongeBob doesn’t bother cleaning up his mess right after he makes it. His absorption has been used to solve multiple conflicts before (The Krabby Patty that Ate Bikini Bottom, Greasy Buffoons, Whelk Attack), it is a pretty common plot device. I don’t blame Kaz for avoiding this obvious resolution, but it does make me feel like this whole situation is completely unnecessary.
Now had this episode been entertaining, I probably wouldn’t be as harsh on the setup, but the rest of the episode is so pitifully lame. It’s the Sanitation Insanity of Executive Treatments. Alright, I’ll stop the analogies. To give it credit, Krusty Kleaners does have a more clear direction than Sanitation Insanity does (That episode is just one random sequence after another). The episode’s humor is mostly just visual “gags” (A good chunk of them are just fast-paced visuals if you ask me), there’s nothing funny about this episode. I did notice a semblance of an attempt to throw in some dialogue humor, but it’s a long way to go before we achieve some pretty memorable lines. I guess the night shift fish was the best of the visuals gags. His design is a little amusing, so I guess that’s a plus.
As for the cleaning robot…yeah, even Cuddle E. Hugs is a better antagonist than this. He wasn’t bad per say, but he really wasn’t an interesting villain. He’s a simple cleaning robot, what more can you do? I kind of wish Kaz expanded on the cool robot army a little bit more, that was pretty interesting. Might’ve been better had the episode focused on this army, that would’ve been cool.
Overall, I don’t care for Krusty Kleaners. It’s just a lazily crafted episode. The setup, the humor, the villain, everything. It’s a borderline Bad Episode. I give it a 4.9/10

I wasn't sure what to think at the beginning, but near the end I decided that this episode was actually pretty good! It was an episode that had great jokes, decent storyline, and good execution. It's just an all-around good episode.

THE LIST:
1. Scavenger Pants (A+)
2. Teacher's Pests (A+)
3. Bottle Burglars (A+)
4. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
5. Squid Noir (A)
6. Chatterbox Gary (A)
7. Man Ray Returns (A)
8. Doodle Dimension (A)
9. Krusty Kleaners (A)
10. Spin The Bottle (A)
11. Larry The Floor Manager (A)
12. Drive Happy (A)
13. Sanitation Insanity (B)
14. Stuck On The Roof (B)
15. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
16. Mustard O'Mine (B)
17. Moving Bubble Bass (B)
18. Pat the Horse (B)
19. High Sea Diving (B)
20. My Leg! (B)
21. Spot Returns (B)
22. Fun-Sized Friends (B)
23. Shopping List (B)
24. Cave Dwelling Sponge (B)
25. The Clam Whisperer (C)
26. No Pictures, Please (C)
27. Whale Watching (C)
28. Cuddle E. Hugs (C)
29. Old Man Patrick (C)
30. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (C)
31. Don't Feed the Clowns (C)
32. The Check-Up (D)
33. Grandmum's the Word (D)
34. Bunny Hunt (D)
35. Ink Lemonade (F)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
While this episode isn't absolutely hilarious (even if it has some jokes), the plot is extremely entertaining and amusing, so much that this reaches the amazing mark.

Amazing Episode (9/10)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Lots and lots of gags in this episode. The beginning was kind of slow but once we got to see the trash robot things got pretty interesting. This episode reminded me a lot of that Komputer Overload episode, except much better. The ending also reminds me a lot of Squid on Strike and similar episodes to that. This probably won't be the most memorable episode to me, but it was still pretty good.
Yet another review I literally do not remember making. I didn't even know that I watched this episode so close to its premiere LMAO. For once, actually, my opinion has gotten less positive. I know, that's a very rare occurrence.

Hey now, it’s the return of the “Krusty K____” episode! I loved “Krusty Katering”, so I have high hopes for “Krusty Kleaners”.

Well, things start out well almost immediately because we see SpongeBob riding his unicycle while delivering a Krusty Katering order. Appearances of the unicycle are one of those instant wins in my book. SpongeBob goes about making his delivery to an office building that puts “Doing Time” to shame, and he does so with only minor mishaps. That is until he makes it to the head honcho’s office and spills it in quite the exaggerated manner. SpongeBob gets dramatic about it…but these dramatics fall flat for me. Which is crazy because y’all know I love my dramatics. These just don’t feel…big enough. Though the reference to seppuku was hilarious, and the source of funny reaction meme.

Despite the head honcho literally not caring at all, SpongeBob is devoted to giving top-notch customer service, and cleaning up the mess he made that night. He even pledges to clean the entire office top to bottom. Well now this is sounding like one of those Chick-Fil-A skits from RDCWorld1 LMAO. Anywho, night comes, and SpongeBob comes to clean the building with Patrick in tow.

I’m learning that for an episode to be a good and proper “Krusty K____” episode, it’s gotta have all 4 of the quartet, because simply having SpongeBob and Patrick alone…the vibes are off. Anyway, SpongeBob and Patrick proceed to do the opposite of clean things, as you might expect, which incenses the cleaning robot that the building has. Yeah, this episode is basically that part in Wall-E LMAO. Love a tiny little robot with personality. I did really like the Pac-Man joke in this part of the episode though, wasn’t expecting that at all.

Once the robot sees that a piece of trash is inside Patrick, it decides that it needs to dissect him to get it out. Well that got violent very quickly. I like it! I’m extremely surprised that the episode went with that “trashy” joke too. It was hilarious, but that’s the kind of joke you’d expect to see on…literally any other show. Not one with anthropomorphized sea creatures. SpongeBob and Patrick manage to defeat the robot temporarily, but it comes back…with friends. Then it’s time for a full-out fight. Which ends up wrecking the whole building. Good thing that the security guard decided to quit right then and there, because we all know he woulda been fired.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.6/10

Back