232b. Shopping List

More

VIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSv4WiQ_gOM

Synopsis: SpongeBob and Sandy have to collect Krabby Patty ingredients, but Plankton follows their every step.

Airdate: TBA

Discuss Below

I saw this episode but I don't think it's officially aired on nick yet so I don't think I should talk about it. I'll just insert it to the rankings.

THE LIST:
1. Scavenger Pants (A+)
2. Teacher's Pests (A+)
3. Bottle Burglars (A+)
4. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
5. Squid Noir (A)
6. Chatterbox Gary (A)
7. Man Ray Returns (A)
8. Doodle Dimension (A)
9. Spin The Bottle (A)
10. Larry The Floor Manager (A)
11. Drive Happy (A)
12. Sanitation Insanity (B)
13. Stuck On The Roof (B)
14. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
15. Mustard O'Mine (B)
16. Moving Bubble Bass (B)
17. Pat the Horse (B)
18. High Sea Diving (B)
19. My Leg! (B)
20. Spot Returns (B)
21. Fun-Sized Friends (B)
22. Shopping List (B)
23. Cave Dwelling Sponge (B)
24. The Clam Whisperer (C)
25. No Pictures, Please (C)
26. Cuddle E. Hugs (C)
27. Old Man Patrick (C)
28. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (C)
29. Don't Feed the Clowns (C)
30. The Check-Up (D)
31. Grandmum's the Word (D)
32. Bunny Hunt (D)
33. Ink Lemonade (F)

Perry The Platypus

....What?
I enyjoed that one more than I expected. I liked the overall adventure and seeing some neat locations. (I never expected Yeti Krabs to return lol). There was some funny gags and Sandy beating Krab was honestly great. A fun episode.

Chris

Floridian
I can't believe they didn't know PStar7 was Patrick and same with the Krabby Patty Ingredients.

Onions. Pickles. Lettuce. Tomato. Cheese. Meat. Two Buns.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I liked it. I liked the money photo. 8.5/10

darkrage6

Floating Shopping List
Pretty good episode overall, I saw the "fake shopping list" twist coming, but Sandy beating the crap out of Mr Krabs made up for that. Also it was funny to see a season 2 reference(Plankton's lawnmower).

This was just okay. I didn't hate it, but at the same time it wasn't a fantastic episode. There were a few highlights, like the money bikini drawing, the Yeti Crab returning, and Sandy's beatdown on Mr. Krabs in the end. But all in all, I really didn't laugh a lot at this episode. I feel like the Flying Dutchman's appearance here was completely random as well and didn't do much to elevate my enjoyment of the episode. Overall, this was a 5.5/10 for me.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Decided to give it a go, and it just felt like a Post-Movie episode to me, where it has jokes but they're not funny at all. It just feels like something from season 8 or 9a, just plain boringness, while harmless, doesn't do much for me.

i will say the storyboards are good on this episode

4/10

EB The Original Master

Part Computer or Something
darkrage6 said:
Pretty good episode overall, I saw the "fake shopping list" twist coming, but Sandy beating the crap out of Mr Krabs made up for that. Also it was funny to see a season 2 reference(Plankton's lawnmower).
They keep screwing up her glove color. It's suppose to be green, not red.
This is the second time Sandy's sub got taken away from Plankton. That tells you that she's not very good at keeping up with her stuff.

Ellie Williams

Moby Dollar
I haven't been active here for months plus it's been awhile since I reviewed new episodes so here we go...

I really enjoyed this episode, some typical humor also I love the facial expressions done here, it felt like watching Fear of the Krabby Patty vibe and to put into that, Zeus Cervas storyboarded this episode which is amazing, I hope to see more of his talented work in his future episodes, also the ending where Sandy beat the living crap out of Mr. Krabs didn't amuse me at all, Mr. Krabs is supposed to be the toughest of the tough that we can recall from season 4's Shell of a Man plus used to be in a Navy, also Mutiny on the Krusty where he took on the monster, what the heck? I know he deserved it but still, I feel like he's holding back but if he wanted to lay Sandy out, he would've, anyways I'll rate this episode a 8/10.

Chris

Floridian
EmployeeAMillion said:
Liked this one a lot. Seeing the Flying Dutchman back in a regular episode was a treat, and Mr Krabs’ plan works, even if he needs his butt kicked for it.
Mr. Krabs is an expert in protecting his formula from Plankton.

I remember the end of Bottle Burglars.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Ah, “Shopping List”, another simply fun and enjoyable episode from season 11. This season’s got some ups and downs, but it’s definitely been delivering on the front of providing quality entertainment.

“Shopping List” is a very simple episode. Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob on a crazy quest to get the ingredients to make Krabby Patties. And, as you might predict, he runs into some interference in the form of Plankton. With this bare bones of the plot in mind, this episode reminds me of two things actually. The first is the game Truth or Square. Specifically the DS version. I don’t know if other versions ended like this, but in the DS version the whole plot is that SpongeBob thinks he lost the secret formula, but in the end it turns out Mr. Krabs actually gave him his shopping list, instead of the formula. So this episode reminds me of that. It also reminds me of “20,000 Patties Under The Sea”. But this episode’s very different from that one.

The biggest difference between the two episodes is the fact that Sandy’s a part of this one. A big part. And as we all know, that’s an instant win. When SpongeBob sees that the shopping list is full of exotic items, he conveniently runs into Sandy, who’s working on her submarine, Matilda. And so the two of them go off in search of these secret ingredients together. It’s kinda funny how Sandy is basically handed the “formula” in this episode. She deserves it, especially after another episode that involves Sandy and the creation of Krabby Patties (whatever could I be talking about?).

As SpongeBob and Sandy go on their adventure, we see them succeed while Plankton fails. It’s a little repetitive, but the sequences are entertaining enough. And we even get an appearance from the Flying Dutchman, so that’s another instant win. Eventually, Sandy and SpongeBob finish the list, but they’re intercepted by Plankton, who steals all of the ingredients because he’s a sore loser and a cheater LMAO. And with their utter failure, they’re forced to go back to the Krusty Krab. Of course, SpongeBob has more dog in this fight, so he comes back crying and sobbing while Mr. Krabs takes a money bath.

Then we get the reveal that this was a “Spy Buddies” level of planning ahead by Mr. Krabs, as the list he gave SpongeBob was actually a fake meant to get Plankton off his tail while he gets the real ingredients. And this is probably my favorite part of the episode, because while SpongeBob accepts this explanation for putting him in extreme danger, Sandy does not. And so she retaliates. Frankly, this episode deserves Amazing tier for Sandy kicking Mr. Krabs’ butt alone. And she doesn’t just do so for the sake of her lost submarine, but for her little buddy’s too. It’s wholesome and hilarious, a mix I’ll always love. And the way Plankton also gets exploded up into the air, meeting Mr. Krabs up there, just a really funny way to end of the episode.

One great thing about this episode? It’s funny. Not every joke sticks the landing, and there are some moments of slowness, but there’s also a lot of good jokes here too. Like the one with the risqué drawing, that also made a surprising second appearance, that was funny. There’s also quite a bit of slapstick in this one, particularly where Plankton is involved. It doesn’t all work, but I did like some of it, like when Plankton’s inside the toolbox, that was pretty good.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.2/10

Back