232a. Mustard O' Mine

More

VIP
Looks like there's another premiere month coming after the last one was slower than usual. Curious to hear what this episode will be about.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Much better than yesterday's episode. I found multiple jokes funny throughout the episode. I wouldn't say it was great or anything, but it was pretty good.

RDSP

Banished
I'm not going to lie, I admittedly liked this episode. There were several gags here and there that I liked and there was also some good dialogue also (a rare sight anymore). While some parts were a bit mediocre, there was nothing that really detracted from the episode otherwise. I'd have to give it a 6.5/10, which rounds up to a 7/10; a BETTER episode.

p.s. i really need to find a better word to replace the "better" rating, it just sounds strange

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
It was a fine episode. A couple jokes and facial expressions I digged. It had a more entertaining plot. I guess my only problem is I'm not used to this new style and characterization (Patrick was annoyingly stupid in here) and I wish Squidward should've been able to beat the country fish up. Maybe if I wrote on the show.

I'd give it a light to decent 5. TRAN-

-SITION

hippythehippo

Banished
Yesterday was some of the worst Kaz can do, so I was worried for this episode. Surprisingly, I thought this was well done. There were a lot of jokes that hit (the country fish and the krusty crew interactions at the beginning, Patrick fake dying, and Squdward raging at the train machine) got a laugh out of me. There was also some humorous dialogue as well. The humor isn't fantastic, but I thought it was good. I thought the episode would go haywire at 2 different scenarios (Patrick freaking out before dying and Squidward on the train), but it was surprisingly calm besides those 2 scenes. Patrick was actually somewhat funny here, compared to yesterday. Squidward also joined in the fun with Sponge and Pat. With all that in mind, it would probably be a 7, but I really enjoyed this one for the cool concept. It's so unique, and they had a lot of fun making this, so I'll bump it up to the 8 for now.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
This was definitely one of the funniest of the season, and I liked the change of setting. I'd like to see more episodes where they go to new places like this. Also, Squidward hissing at Patrick was hilarious

Klu

Moby Dollar
Just watched the episode and... It was miles better than I expected. It felt really creative, there's a lot of dialogue humor, Patrick and Squidward were written rather well, and episode had a pleasant atmosphere.
While it's not Kaz's best work ever, it REALLY BIG improvment over yesterdays garbage and in general was more balanced than the most his recent episodes.
Probably I'll give it 8/10.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
After dealing with last night's utter trainwreck, we are given this rather interesting episode. But, how does it hold up to me? Let's find out.

First off, I thought the premise was pretty basic, but it actually turned out a bit better than expected. Going into the actual episode, I really loved the visual gags with SpongeBob giving mustard to the customers' Krabby Patties at the start. I also thought the old-timer was a very funny character telling his little story about a mummy's curse, and ultimately failing at being mysterious. Plus, we have another new location, which is always a plus for me, and a SpongeBob-Squidward-Patrick team-up, which worked out quite well. Several funny moments include when they were mining for the mustard only to mine random stuff, the little pun on "miners" when they passed those kids on the escalators, Patrick mistaking ketchup for blood (they've been doing a lot of those references lately, haven't they?), and an actual mummy FINALLY appearing on this show at the end, which literally had me scratching my head in ironic confusion. This episode really had me hungry for more once it ended, and not making me sick to my stomach like yesterday's episode. Overall, while this episode isn't exactly amazing, this episode is definitely great. 8.5/10 for me, but I won't argue with anyone who isn't huge on this episode.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I swear was Karl Hadrika the one who did the Squidward face when he's hissing at Patrick? It reminds me of his scary faces from Bunnicula.

Klu

Moby Dollar
hippythehippo said:
I love how when a atrocity like Ink Lemonade airs, it gets 100 replies of hate, but when a decent ep airs, no one bats an eye.
Probably it's because it's hard to discuss pretty decent comedy, if it just works, it's works. If episode is bad, than we have something to discuss.
While this episode is pretty good, it's not really remarkable in great scheme of things.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Probably it's because it's hard to discuss pretty decent comedy, if it just works, it's works. If episode is bad, than we have something to discuss.
While this episode is pretty good, it's not really remarkable in great scheme of things.
Yep, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I'd have liked that post to say I agree, but I've ran out of likes and want to save the ones I get for more ink lemonade posts lol

Back