231b. Ink Lemonade

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Oh my lemons, this episode.

(This episode may have the most comments in the episode discussion section, if not top 5. LOL)

Beyoncé, we found Becky!... It's Patrick! (Spoilers ahead, duh)

This episode is really weird. Patrick acts even more dumber in this one, and really doesn't feel like himself. Then there's the victim, Sqidward. This episode was definitely, in my opinion, a Squid Abuse episode. Sqidward basically gets paranoid in the middle, while losing:baracle: loads of ink up to the point he has no more. I don't get SpongeBob's purpose of being there, but he's there.

The gross out (Patrick's armpit hair, ink coming out of Squidward) felt more Ren and Stimpy at some points.

However, some of the "nicer" visuals are really cool to see. The scenery is creative, but points come off that since Patrick is trying to squeeze off Squidward.

Take the abuse out, and this episode is dull as a brick. Scumbob episode.

2.9/10

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
kingseye423 said:
(This episode may have the most comments in the episode discussion section, if not top 5. LOL)
Little Yellow Book is the only other one with at least 8 pages while this one has 9, it is easier to hate on things for longer tangents so having the first truly despised one in 5 years was going to unleash something but this is crazy O.o

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I feel this is worth sharing here. This is a really good video that perfectly explains why this episode failed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-vyrYvcqnM

Tacomaster

Moby Dollar
I decided to just read some more opinions about this episode,and under one video on YouTube found this:
attachicon.gif
5A2CE2D8-E30A-464E-BB74-513B28739DE5.jpeg

OH GOD IT'S THE PET SITTER PAT CONTROVERSY ALL OVER AGAIN

RUN EVERYBODY RUN
Okay, I'm gonna give my two cents here.

Ink Lemonade was bad. Terrible even. But not the worst. There were some funny gags(I'm a haunted tablecloth!), nice visuals, and an interesting haunted house, as well as a potentially interesting premise, but it was just... creepy. The sad part is, everything that's been done here has been done in over episodes. The selling something angle has been done in Bubblestand, the Squidward torture angle has been done from seasons 4-9a, as has Patrick being a jerking idiot, and the exploitation of resources has been used in Jellyfish Hunter. This episode isn't even a unique kind of bad.

I rate this glass of lemonade three seeds- a bad lemon. A sweet premise, but a sour execution that makes you feel icy.

I'll stop now.

hippythehippo

Banished
SpongeBronyPH said:
Ink Lemonade is absolutely disgusting, vile, cruel and mean-spirited as hell! :patgross: :patboo:
Question of the Day: What’s your opinion on Squidward spluttering ink jokes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF6Vn2L6f7A
Disgusting as hell. Why the hell does Nickelodeon have to use those ::dolphin noise::ty gags?!

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Ink Lemonade is absolutely disgusting, vile, cruel and mean-spirited as hell! :patgross: :patboo:
Question of the Day: What’s your opinion on Squidward spluttering ink jokes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF6Vn2L6f7A
Disgusting as hell. Why the hell does Nickelodeon have to use those ::dolphin noise::ty gags?!
tfw he says this but also says this:

"Episode: Ink Lemonade (S11-E231-B)

We know this episode is very offensive in terms of torture. For me, I actually laughed at this episode. I wasn't scared in that episode just because of the spider and the ending. I'm not even kidding. Here's my score...

Final Score = 9/10"

hippythehippo

Banished
Wintermelon43 said:
tfw he says this but also says this:

"Episode: Ink Lemonade (S11-E231-B)

We know this episode is very offensive in terms of torture. For me, I actually laughed at this episode. I wasn't scared in that episode just because of the spider and the ending. I'm not even kidding. Here's my score...

Final Score = 9/10"
No, this is what he said for Squid Baby on EAM review thread. I thought that it was meme worthy, and interchanged it here

aka it's a joke

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
But at least one of the redeem-abilities in this thread having nearly 10 pages was the vast majority of the site's background members appearing in the background, meaning we can see so many classic member designs in HD. (Although I may be just exaggerating and i'm not sure if that was meant to be a joke) and how spongebranch appeared physically in the audience as a gag

RDSP

Banished
Wintermelon43 said:
But at least one of the redeem-abilities in this thread having nearly 10 pages was the vast majority of the site's background members appearing in the background, meaning we can see so many classic member designs in HD. (Although I may be just exaggerating and i'm not sure if that was meant to be a joke) and how spongebranch appeared physically in the audience as a gag
spongebranch actually used to like this episode because of there being HD background fish, not joking

Back