22b. Bossy Boots

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Another okay one. The plot is nice, but it is sort of slow and predictable. The episode also isn't very funny unfortunately. There are some enjoyable character moments though, and Spongebob and Pearl's dynamic is pretty nice. It's decent as it stands, but I really wish there was more substance here.

Average episode (6/10)

1. Something Smells (9)
2. Squid's Day Off (9)
3. Bossy Boots (6)
4. Your Shoe's Untied (6)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
8.5/10

It's really overhated. I don't get why people would call Pearl annoying, especially since it wasn't her fault anyways, she was just trying to impress Mr. Krabs. This episode does suffer a bit in humor, but I really like the plot. I feel like Pearl controlling the Krusty Krab would be a disaster on it's own, but I feel like they did a good job here executing that. The only major part I didn't really like was how Squidward was treated in this episode, but overall it's pretty nice. Not the best of season 2 but it's not bad.

Something Smells: (10/10)
Squids Day Off: (9.5/10)
Your Shoes Untied: (9/10)
Bossy Boots: (8.5/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode is super close to meh. But its understandable on why! Because Pearl basically ruined it! Still its fun in any way!

Final Rating: Polite

Rankings:
Squids Day Off (Tolerant)
Something Smells (Polite)
Bossy Boots (Polite)
Your Shoe's Untied (Dull

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
"Bossy Boots" is a pretty cute episode, I think, and I quite like it. It wastes no time getting straight into the plot, and the beginning scene includes a nice moment between Squidward in SpongeBob that will later be expanded on in "Squid On Strike". I will say though, the pole joke has always come across as very...stilted to me. I don't know, it just feels awkward. And maybe that's the point? But it's not absurd enough to make me laugh either.

I really like Pearl and SpongeBob's relationship in this episode, I think it's cute that they get along well and show such enthusiasm for figuring out new names and aesthetics for the Krusty Krab. Also, that little idea montage was accompanied by some great visuals. I also think that this episode is still relevant today, in terms of appealing to younger people. By that I mean I can totally see people in my age group (college-aged, so a bit older than Pearl but still) going to a "hip café". Now of course, it wouldn't be called the Kuddly Krab and it wouldn't be covered with pastels and stuffed animals (or maybe it would, lowkey I would go to that), but I think the idea of changing something into a café to appeal to younger people is evergreen lol. Honestly, this episode gets nearly philosophical in that way.

Anyway, back to the episode, I think every character is pretty good here. Squidward is hilarious with his utter disdain of everything around him. Mr. Krabs is also at one of his better appearances when it comes to being a father to his daughter. Pearl is pretty good as well. SpongeBob is adorable. He's also especially entertaining once he kicks the dramatics into high gear. His mascot scene is comedy gold, and the scene where SpongeBob "fires" Pearl is great, because it demonstrates their friendly relationship, and also because Mr. Krabs' reaction is just too funny, especially because he gets resuscitated by money.

The ending of the episode is pretty cute as well, even if my heart does ache for my favorite snail haha. Poor SpongeBob, getting scammed by Mr. Krabs once again. Good thing he's able to afford that house lmao. The backgrounds of this episode are really good and so vibrant, I love the exterior and interior of the Kuddly Krab. Also, speaking of production things, I love the original song in this episode, Bossy Boots. It's so catchy! And the lyrics are very tongue-in-cheek.

I do like this episode, but I would be remiss if I were to just pretend it's all great. This episode is unfortunately pretty slow between its funny moments, and this episode is missing the kind of rapid-fire comedy we've come to expect from SpongeBob SquarePants. Not to mention, not every comedic moment hits. I mentioned the pole moment earlier, and the whole sa-lads thing is like...okay. So this episode is bumped down to my "Great" tier.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8/10

Back