22a. Something Smells

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
A hilarious classic that can define SpongeBob, The Ugly Barnacle just makes it fantastic 10/10.

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
It's a good episode and I enjoy watching it, but I think all the memes from this episode has made it lose some of its luster. The "Deaugh!!!" fish and the Ugly Barnacle, while I think are overrated, are still classic moments.

8.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
This episode is a classic ! It's definitely one of the best SB moments ....This sundae...oh man I gotta admit...it doesn't look anything like a sundae x.x but this episode is a really really good episode and there are also some hilarious moments ....The ending was REALLY great, I like that they included Squiddy in the episode , it was hilarious :D One of the truly enjoying episodes...but I was bored at the time that Patrick was telling what he ate today...So I give that classic episode a 9.5/10 :) (actually I'd give 9.8 but there's not that option so I give the 9.5 instead..)

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
Yeah so IMO this episode is kinda overrated, it's not bad but it's not that great. I really don't like bad breath so it kind of put me off the episode a bit, but this episode has some great liners like "Guess what Squidward? WE STINK!" and The Ugly Barnacle story.

6/10

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
Amazing episode, This episode is nearly perfect but not quite, The plot does take just a little too long to start in my opinion, but the rest is perfect, nearly every joke hit bullseye, and let's not forget the classics like Ugly Barnacle.

9.5/10

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Another golden episode. I like the plot, and the moral of accepting someone's beauty whether if it's good or not.

Moments:
- "It's easy like Sunday mooorning!"
- LOL at the audio accident on the season two DVD.
- "Hi (insert instruments that I forget except the didgeridoo), and hellooo, Dolly!"
- "My eyes! My eyes!"
- SpongeBob: "I'm ugly and I'm proud!"
Squidward: "Is that what he calls it?"
- SB: "Excuse me, but I hope my horrible stench doesn't distract you from the movie."
Guy: "Not at all, boy. (Sniffs) Deaughh!!"
- Patrick: "Are you afraid to look at uglyness in the eyes? Well, here, look at it!" (grabs SpongeBob)
SpongeBob: "Hi."
(A bunch of theater goers run away)
- The Ugly Barnacle story (sounds like a great fable to me!)
- "I got... the UGLY!!"
- Patrick: (in bathroom) "You guys wanna hear a joke?"
Guy: (Chokes up) "You tryin' to kill us?"
- The end of it all.

9.5/10

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Something Smells (S2-E22-A)

I LOVE THIS EPISODE! This is a classic. This is how comedy gold is! 5-star.

Final Score = 10/10 :1st: :whoo:

When I was younger I used to not like this episode. Now, I still don't think this episode is that great, but it's not bad either. I really didn't like the beginning, but things started to pick up when Patrick came into the episode. Then the episode became really funny. It's not the funniest episode ever, nor is it the best in terms of plot, but it's still an episode worth watching.

Ranking so far:
1. Squid's Day Off (A)
2. Your Shoe's Untied (B)
3. Something Smells (B)

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
This episode is really nostalgic for me. I really like the atmosphere, and its one of the few episodes that uses the reef cinema. The jokes are amazing, such as all the quotes everybody already mentioned. However noone brought up the guy playing the didgeridoo which gets me everytime.Also, the plot is great. Spongebob thinking that he's ugly because his breath stinks is actually sometimes an issue with us humans.(This is why I always brush my teeth and carry around mints with me).

So anyway 9.5 for me

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
WAIT A SECOND. . .

If Ice Cream is supposed to be a Bikini Bottom Equivalent to Alcohol;

Does that mean Spongebob was essentially making MOONSHINE in this episode?!! And not even GOOD moonshine at that. . . especially with how Bad it made his breath stink!

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This is one of the funniest episodes of the whole show. There are tons of jokes in this episode, and every single one of them makes its mark. I love the animation, and Patrick is in top form here, with him having good intentions only to make the situation more crazy. It suffers a tiny bit in the plot department, but other than that it's definitely one of my favorites.

Great episode (9/10)

1. Something Smells (9)

2. Squid's Day Off (9)
3. Your Shoe's Untied (6)

Last edited:

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
Patrick: May I tell you a story?
Spongebob: Sure!
Patrick: There once was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everyone died. The end.

Patrick: Wait until my sister finds out! Wait, I don't have a sister.

Spongebob: I'M UGLY AND I'M PROUD!

Back