229b. Moving Bubble Bass

Uncle Sherm

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This was a lot better than last week's episode. I'm sure that's going to be an unpopular opinion, but they went all in with the cartoony visual gags in this episode, and I feel like that really worked and gave it a Looney Tunes feel. The way that Bubble Bass tricks SpongeBob and Patrick into moving his stuff with the promise of free lunch was also really funny and paid off well when the two found out at the end.

hands down best part was Patrick's super serious face and SpongeBob's speech at the end

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
President Squidward said:
what is with 9-11 and bubble bass xD
Agreed.
2On9xLH.png

What's wrong with me.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
3/10. This episode was a huge let-down, although there were a handful of funny moments, like Bubble Bass' "fantasy talk show" at the beginning of the episode. Aside from those little moments, there really wasn't much in the gag department for this episode. Just like "Doodle Dimension", it had a good premise, but mediocre execution.

Klu

Moby Dollar
While a few gags here were really mediocre and kinda disgusting, this episode by far has one of the best visual gags in entire series. And some really funny dialogue too!
So yeah, overall episode is flawed, but good enough for me.
7/10.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I have no idea WTF I saw. I have to admit it made me laugh pretty hard 3 times with Bubble Bass' talk show, how SpongeBob and Patrick managed to fit Bubble Bass' stuff into the boxes, and Patrick's horrifyingly hilarious expression. That's above Krusty Katering, the previous wackiest episode, which didn't have much humor at all. (That cake kid still ticks me off) But in some ways this episode is actually a downgrade to Krusty Katering. Never have I seen an episode so driven by slapstick and expressions in ever, it's practically Face-Freeze. This actually worked for Krabby Patty Creature Feature since it was a horror themed episode, so the amount of faces actually helped give it an unsettling tone that worked for what it was going for... but why does this episode have to be so focused on that? There's literally no reason for it other than "They felt like it" and I can appreciate the artistic merit here but the amount of them present is borderline assaulting on the senses especially considering how loud it can get at points. It's a shame too because I can see a good episode and premise somewhere in here, the the dang episode couldn't slow down or take a break for one second.

I was thinking a 3/10 but the fact that it had pretty darn funny moments make me question that, perhaps this is an episode that transcends a rating. I can barely even process what I saw.

(I should clarify that when I compare it to Face-Freeze I'm talking of the faces, I don't think this episode is as bad as Face-Freeze)

Matt0417

Floating Shopping List
I loved the talk show scene, and of course the live-action Patrick. But, Bubble Bass should've appeared in the episode a little more in my opinion. Most of the episode is spent with SB and Pat dragging around Bubble Bass's belongings and running into obstacles. There really wasn't any gags or jokes involved in those scenes either. For now, it's close to meh, but because of a few things, it gets...

Rating: 6/10 (Okay)

An alright episode, just as I kind of expected. The name should have been Moving Your Bubble Bass since they have showed enough scenes of Bubble Bass's *ss :sbfunny: . I don't have a strong feeling towards it, some gags were pretty amusing, some felt just forced and too wacky but If there's anything to praise, that's Patrick at the end. I loved that he stopped thinking about him not getting the free lunch the moment Bubble Bass told them he ate them all, instead he yelled at him for not giving SpongeBob the free lunch. Patrick isn't as an interesting character as some others in this show but I love it when Patrick is there to defend for SpongeBob like a best friend would do. SpongeBob standing up to Bubble Bass was also great. And Bubble Bass getting his karma was so worth it. Even at the beginning, his precious stuff are ruined. I'd like this episode more If some of gags weren't same old wacky and random situations but I found this to be inoffensive average.

Grade: B-

Tyler730

Part Computer or Something
Very disappointing in my opinion. The Snark Chat with Bubble Bass part was funny as well as SpongeBob and Patrick running over that rich lady. However that’s all I have to say about it. The episode felt really boring and overexpressive just like the rest of Season 11. I was very excited for this episode and it ended up being the fifth worst of Season 11 for me.

Rating: Bad

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I'm sorry but this is a bad episode. Rating:3.5/10

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
Just saw it at like 12am last night on demand and loved it; considering my recent belief that Bubble Bass somehow sounds like David Humphrey (every Sonic fan like me will automatically know who that is.) Prior to this, I saw this tweet which made me laugh: https://twitter.com/tlrledbetter/status/974810885947559936 and I actually tried imitating the guy's laugh when Patrick made the face. Don't remember anything else because I was on the verge of falling asleep the entire time, except that I was so tired I began thinking Bubble Bass was actually voiced by David Humphrey ("Whoa, David Humphrey can actually act./I can't believe this is the same guy who voiced Shadow voicing this guy/David sounded better in season 1!")

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Wow. I'm in utter shock. I feel like Mr. Lawrence is the writer of everything nowadays! I will be completely honest with you, Moving Bubble Bass is one of my new favorites of the season.

First of all, I gotta tell ya, I love Bubble Bass. He's an incredible hilarious character, and I absolutely adore the fact that the writers have made him a recurring character since Season 8. His usage never really seems that forced, whenever he's not a background character given a funny visual gag, he usually plays a dire role in his given appearance. Bulletin Board and Squid Noir perfectly highlight the ideal Bubble Bass appearance. And this episode just goes all out with making Bubble Bass the ultimate loser (Say Comic Book Guy and Mr. Crocker breed). And I gotta say, it's one of the funniest interpretations of his character to date, dare I say it, funnier than he was in Pickles. The constant, and I mean constant flow of gags at Bass' expense from his sad, pitiful life, to his obesity is a nonstop pleasure delivering tons of hilarious lines and visual gags.

The plot is absolutely perfect for a Bubble Bass centered episode. Bass is kicked out of his mom's basement by his mom, and decides to move into his grandma's basement. What a perfect plot, words can't describe how hilarious this episode's general synopsis is, but the execution is brilliant! Bass' deception towards SpongeBob and Patrick is perfectly in character. Bass conning the duo out of pure laziness (Over the most pathetic of things!) is the perfect setup to this episode's conflict! This episode kind of reminds me of a Three Stooges episode. You'd say SpongeBob and Patrick falling for Bass' lunch promise was out of character, but to be honest, it certainly works under these circumstances. The overall mood and feeling of the episode isn't akin to a regular old episode of SpongeBob (Goodness, barely any of these Season 11 episodes do!), but I can argue that the conning of the two worked out perfectly. Patrick easily fell for the lunch, his main motivation to help Bass move is to get that free lunch, and I personally consider that to be perfectly in character for Patrick. SpongeBob is more serious about moving Bass' things, and I have a feeling SpongeBob's motivation comes out more from a desire to be a good person and help Bass, as well as earn a free lunch which his best bud is dying for.

When it comes to jokes, this episode is overflowing with hilarious jokes. Pretty much any gag with Bubble Bass is a given to get a great laugh out of me. From the slightest of gags like his man boobs bouncing, to his ridiculous plan to move to his grandma's basement (Goodness, that still cracks me up), Bubble Bass is a hilarious character in this episode, providing a good chunk of the episode's gags. There are a lot of great other gags too, even when Bass isn't featured in the scenes. The gags involving Patrick and SpongeBob ruining Bass' items in order to fit them in small boxes was hilarious, especially given how the episode doesn't try to be "in your face" about the gags (Aka: Pointing out the obvious like a Post-Movie episode, generally in Seasons 6-8, would do by pointing out "Hurp-de-durr, we're ruining his stuff, instead of just letting the gag play out). There were tons of funny little gags through SpongeBob and Patrick's lugging of Bass' items, I personally found the snobbish woman to be amusing and provide some quirky, yet funny little lines (Particularly her justification to not walk around, followed by the perfect comeuppance). Oh yeah, I noticed just about everyone who has done wrong in this episode earn some kind of comeuppance, that's pretty cool. Were there some gags I wasn't too fond of? Eh, I didn't care for the baby gags that much, and I kind of predicted the house SpongeBob and Patrick destroyed wasn't the grandma's house, but I gotta hand it to Lawrence, he creatively gave us a sign of skepticism through the creative usage of certain numbers in the address slip SpongeBob had, making their mistake completely justified, and even funny too.

The ending perfectly wraps up Bass' endeavors, getting his ultimate comeuppance through a beating from his mother. Not to mention, SpongeBob and Patrick's little growth as characters concluded their side of the story at the end of the episode. In the end, I'd say this is a perfect episode. No seriously, this is one of the most flawless episodes I've seen in a long time. I have a feeling Mr. Lawrence had a lot of fun working on this episode, the fast pace really makes the episode fly by. There's just so much to do with Bubble Bass' character, and I really think Lawrence perfectly dove into it in this wonderful masterpiece.

It's an Amazing Episode. I give it a 10/10.

(Also, if that original title would've made it, oh man this episode would've been legendary)

Coffee_lover

Banished
Wow. I'm in utter shock. I feel like Mr. Lawrence is the writer of everything nowadays! I will be completely honest with you, Moving Bubble Bass is one of my new favorites of the season.

First of all, I gotta tell ya, I love Bubble Bass. He's an incredible hilarious character, and I absolutely adore the fact that the writers have made him a recurring character since Season 8. His usage never really seems that forced, whenever he's not a background character given a funny visual gag, he usually plays a dire role in his given appearance. Bulletin Board and Squid Noir perfectly highlight the ideal Bubble Bass appearance. And this episode just goes all out with making Bubble Bass the ultimate loser (Say Comic Book Guy and Mr. Crocker breed). And I gotta say, it's one of the funniest interpretations of his character to date, dare I say it, funnier than he was in Pickles. The constant, and I mean constant flow of gags at Bass' expense from his sad, pitiful life, to his obesity is a nonstop pleasure delivering tons of hilarious lines and visual gags.

The plot is absolutely perfect for a Bubble Bass centered episode. Bass is kicked out of his mom's basement by his mom, and decides to move into his grandma's basement. What a perfect plot, words can't describe how hilarious this episode's general synopsis is, but the execution is brilliant! Bass' deception towards SpongeBob and Patrick is perfectly in character. Bass conning the duo out of pure laziness (Over the most pathetic of things!) is the perfect setup to this episode's conflict! This episode kind of reminds me of a Three Stooges episode. You'd say SpongeBob and Patrick falling for Bass' lunch promise was out of character, but to be honest, it certainly works under these circumstances. The overall mood and feeling of the episode isn't akin to a regular old episode of SpongeBob (Goodness, barely any of these Season 11 episodes do!), but I can argue that the conning of the two worked out perfectly. Patrick easily fell for the lunch, his main motivation to help Bass move is to get that free lunch, and I personally consider that to be perfectly in character for Patrick. SpongeBob is more serious about moving Bass' things, and I have a feeling SpongeBob's motivation comes out more from a desire to be a good person and help Bass, as well as earn a free lunch which his best bud is dying for.

When it comes to jokes, this episode is overflowing with hilarious jokes. Pretty much any gag with Bubble Bass is a given to get a great laugh out of me. From the slightest of gags like his man boobs bouncing, to his ridiculous plan to move to his grandma's basement (Goodness, that still cracks me up), Bubble Bass is a hilarious character in this episode, providing a good chunk of the episode's gags. There are a lot of great other gags too, even when Bass isn't featured in the scenes. The gags involving Patrick and SpongeBob ruining Bass' items in order to fit them in small boxes was hilarious, especially given how the episode doesn't try to be "in your face" about the gags (Aka: Pointing out the obvious like a Post-Movie episode, generally in Seasons 6-8, would do by pointing out "Hurp-de-durr, we're ruining his stuff, instead of just letting the gag play out). There were tons of funny little gags through SpongeBob and Patrick's lugging of Bass' items, I personally found the snobbish woman to be amusing and provide some quirky, yet funny little lines (Particularly her justification to not walk around, followed by the perfect comeuppance). Oh yeah, I noticed just about everyone who has done wrong in this episode earn some kind of comeuppance, that's pretty cool. Were there some gags I wasn't too fond of? Eh, I didn't care for the baby gags that much, and I kind of predicted the house SpongeBob and Patrick destroyed wasn't the grandma's house, but I gotta hand it to Lawrence, he creatively gave us a sign of skepticism through the creative usage of certain numbers in the address slip SpongeBob had, making their mistake completely justified, and even funny too.

The ending perfectly wraps up Bass' endeavors, getting his ultimate comeuppance through a beating from his mother. Not to mention, SpongeBob and Patrick's little growth as characters concluded their side of the story at the end of the episode. In the end, I'd say this is a perfect episode. No seriously, this is one of the most flawless episodes I've seen in a long time. I have a feeling Mr. Lawrence had a lot of fun working on this episode, the fast pace really makes the episode fly by. There's just so much to do with Bubble Bass' character, and I really think Lawrence perfectly dove into it in this wonderful masterpiece.

It's an Amazing Episode. I give it a 10/10.

(Also, if that original title would've made it, oh man this episode would've been legendary)
What is your thoughts about "THINGS ARE GONNA GET CRAZY!!!"line? I'm very surprised that you did not mention it in your review)

Squidy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The fast food restaurant that only sick people eat
This episode was good and the "THINGS ARE GONNA GET CRAZY." Line was funny. I heard my favorite soundtrack (Grass Skirt Chase) in this episode which made it even better. This was better the Doodle Dimension by a bit but they are both good. I’m way off topic. Anyways this is a GOOD episode and 9/11

Back