229a. Doodle Dimension

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Plot: Spongebob and Patrick become trapped in an alternate dimension where anything they draw comes to life

This is........... literally Frankendoodle. Though it's probably more like a sequel to it and maybe Spongebob and Patrick will be in the paper world or something? idk. Either way, Doodlebob is returning in this episode, and if they can manage to make this as good as Frankendoodle is, this could be one of the best episodes of the whole series. I can't wait for this episode!

Discuss this episode when it airs on March 9th! (Also wow I'm only gonna be back from vacation like an hour before this airs holy crap that's cutting it close)

it's obviously the sequel to Frankendoodle.

I'm so glad to see alternate dimensions/universes being explored in SpongeBob. I know many shows do that but I love the concept and I can't wait for this episode, as well as return of Doodlebob.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I enjoyed the episode. The first part of the episode where they intentionally disobeyed Sandy and played with her invention wasn't that great and felt out-of-character, but once the actual plot kicked in, it was really enjoyable and a good sequel to Frankendoodle

I was left kinda confused as to whether or not SpongeBob and Patrick remembered DoodleBob though. I mean SpongeBob called him "cute" at first, as if he'd never seen him before, but later clearly calls him by name as if he did recognise him

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
This is my favorite episode of the entire post-sequel era. I didn't find a single flaw with it, Everything is rapid-fire comedy and action. The stuff DoodleBob does is not only cool and epic, but packed with comedy. This is in my Top 15 of the whole show without a doubt and maybe even better than Frankendoodle.

10/10

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
I enjoyed the episode. The first part of the episode where they intentionally disobeyed Sandy and played with her invention wasn't that great and felt out-of-character, but once the actual plot kicked in, it was really enjoyable and a good sequel to Frankendoodle

I was left kinda confused as to whether or not SpongeBob and Patrick remembered DoodleBob though. I mean SpongeBob called him "cute" at first, as if he'd never seen him before, but later clearly calls him by name as if he did recognise him
Note it was the new DoodleBob drawn by Patrick, the one from before is trapped on the sheet of paper.

Klu

Moby Dollar
I quite enjoyed this one. It's not on the level of greatness of "Frankendoodle", but it's still really enjoyable episode. Weakest part of the episode, easily, the beginning. But even in the beginning there were few really good lines and gags here and there. I enjoyed hiw the later half of the episode is basically "Sand Castles in the sand" but in doodle form.
Overall, unexpectedly pretty good episode.
8/10

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I really liked this episode. It was good to see DoodleBob back. 9/10

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
The beginning wasn't the best, but once they actually get to the dimension, it becomes really good. The parts with Doodlebob were really good, those parts were the best of the episode. I wouldn't say it's THE best episode of the season, but it's one of the better ones, it's in my top 5 of the season.

Squidy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The fast food restaurant that only sick people eat
6/10. It’s because it took 3-4 minutes to even get doodle bob in. It’s surely not the worst episode but I just wanted something to happen and not have it be frankendoodle. I just wanted some humor in it and the funniest thing was when the army of doodle bobs came in. Overall it’s a low meh.

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I LOVED This episode; I Loved the Return of Doodlebob; I Loved the Funny bits with that Hick Sandy stole his nuts from; Patrick & Spongebob were In-character; I Loved the Doodle-versions of Krabs, Gary, and Squidward; I Don't understand why people didn't like it; I just enjoyed the show.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I LOVED This episode; I Loved the Return of Doodlebob; I Loved the Funny bits with that Hick Sandy stole his nuts from; Patrick & Spongebob were In-character; I Loved the Doodle-versions of Krabs, Gary, and Squidward; I Don't understand why people didn't like it; I just enjoyed the show.
Huh? It seems to be liked on here from what I've seen

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
Wintermelon43 said:
The beginning wasn't the best, but once they actually get to the dimension, it becomes really good. The parts with Doodlebob were really good, those parts were the best of the episode. I wouldn't say it's THE best episode of the season, but it's one of the better ones, it's in my top 5 of the season.
I Agree; It might not be the Best; But It's STILL better than Cuddle E. Hugs(The Season 11 Episode, I DESPISE the Most), and I still loved seeing Doodlebob return!! and all those Doodling Shenanigans!!
Wintermelon43 said:
Huh? It seems to be liked on here from what I've seen
Apparently It's hated on the Spongebob Wiki.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I Agree; It might not be the Best; But It's STILL better than Cuddle E. Hugs(The Season 11 Episode, I DESPISE the Most), and I still loved seeing Doodlebob return!! and all those Doodling Shenanigans!!
Apparently It's hated on the Spongebob Wiki.
And they consider Chum Bucket Supreme the best spongebob episode of all time. I wouldn't take it too serisualy

1033Forest

Imitation Krab
This episode was an awesome episode, SpongeBob and Patrick got creative with the ways to try and escape from DoodleBob. It was great to see DoodleBob return after so many years.
Color rating: Purple

Not going to lie. I really enjoyed watching this episode, couple of minutes after the episode started anyway but I couldn't help but find this episode disappointing because it was a sequel to Frakendoodle but it didn't even bring up the events of that episode. I understand this show isn't a show with a good continuity and I don't expect it to be, maybe they thought the new viewers don't know DoodleBob, so they reintroduced him but if you are gonna bring back a character from the past, you can at least acknowledge its history. So I found SpongeBob and Patrick not knowing DoddleBob was so jarring to see. The humor didn't click with me. First minutes were annoying and none of the gags worked for me, except for the nuts gag but the humor afterwards was acceptable. What made me like the episode was obviously the excitement of SpongeBob and Patrick battling against DoodleBob. Those parts were awesome and the animation of this episode was on point. I liked seeing doodle versions of Sandy, Squidward, Mr. Krabs and Gary. The ending was kind of funny as well.
Overall, a good episode but such a disappointing sequel to Frakendoodle, one of the funniest and most creative episodes in the show. I didn't expect this episode to be in the same quality as that one but I could at least expect some callbacks and the characters remembering DoodleBob. Perhaps the show should stop doing sequels to older episodes, unless they are actually gonna remember the events of the original episodes.

Grade: B

RomNick said:
Note it was the new DoodleBob drawn by Patrick, the one from before is trapped on the sheet of paper.
yes but they should have at least referenced that episode. Patrick drew DoodleBob exactly same as SpongeBob drew and the attitude was even same.

If you are gonna to a sequel, don't ignore the original.

Back