• Are you registered to vote? If you're a U.S. citizen aged 18 or older, SpongeBuddy Mania wants you to exercise your right to vote! Visit Vote.org to find out how.

227b. Old Man Patrick

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
It's about time the Theme song made a Cameo within an actual Episode!! It only took 11 Seasons, and 19 Years

[SIZE=11pt]Old people on SpongeBob are good most of the time, so seeing one of the characters become old is somewhat of an interesting idea. There are 2 running gags in this episode. One with a fish named Marco telling people to stop calling his name while playing Marco Polo, and another really weird one where a kid gets taken away for a short joke or scene, and his mom takes him back. It’s honestly a really strange running gag, but it’s funny. As for the story, I have 1 minor problem. What made SpongeBob become old in the end? Because, yes, he gets old like Patrick, but Patrick accidentally went with all the ladies to the retirement home and that’s what made him think he’s old. The story is decent without that problem though. I wasn’t too keen on the idea behind it, but again, SpongeBob wants to help the old people feel young again, so it’s another sweet SpongeBob personality episode.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Rating: 7/10 (Good)[/SIZE]

Coffee_lover

Banished
What a pleasant surprise,I’ only now noticed that this episode has best post-sequel Easter egg ever!
5569FC0E-D5C5-4DBB-A920-93EC217D957B.jpeg
893EC26B-01E3-440D-8E50-B5C04E30F004.jpeg
Hurrrrrrrraaaaaaaayyyyyy.....

(But seriously,who the heck even though that referencing anything from most hated episode is a great idea?)

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Coffee_lover said:
What a pleasant surprise,I’ only now noticed that this episode has best post-sequel Easter egg ever!
5569FC0E-D5C5-4DBB-A920-93EC217D957B.jpeg
893EC26B-01E3-440D-8E50-B5C04E30F004.jpeg
Hurrrrrrrraaaaaaaayyyyyy.....

(But seriously,who the heck even though that referencing anything from most hated episode is a great idea?)
Um... okay, I'll be honest. I did NOT notice this until you pointed this out. But, I'm glad they made a callback to that episode honestly. I kind of wish Puffy Fluffy reappeared, but this further proves that the crew isn't making callbacks just to pander to pre-movie fans, and I like that.

So this episode is alright. It's not that interesting, but it's not that bad. I like the theme song reference, and I liked a few of the jokes. What I DIDN'T like was the Marco gag. I feel like it was just unnecessary and added nothing to the plot. I can respect this episode, but I wouldn't call it "good."

THE LIST:
1. Scavenger Pants (A+)
2. Teacher's Pests (A+)
3. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
4. Squid Noir (A)
5. Chatterbox Gary (A)
6. Man Ray Returns (A)
7. Spin The Bottle (A)
8. Larry The Floor Manager (A)
9. Drive Happy (A)
10. Stuck On The Roof (B)
11. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)