226a. Chatterbox Gary

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Synopsis - Gary has a pet translation collar, and he's talking up a storm

This sounds like it will be a really cool episode. I wonder what Gary will say. So far, we've only seen him talk in Sleepy Time, and that was in his dream. I wonder if he will discuss A Pal for Gary at all.....

Discuss this episode when it airs on March 26th, 2018!

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
This was absolutetly hilarious! Easily one of the funniest of the season so far.

It was boring though, unfortently.

Undecided on the rank so far, probably B+ around where the check-up and larry the floor manager are

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This was absolutetly hilarious! Easily one of the funniest of the season so far.
It was boring though, unfortently.
Undecided on the rank so far, probably B+ around where the check-up and larry the floor manager are

"Absolutely hilarious"? "Boring"?

Well, which one is it?

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Can't see how that works, but alright. Your thoughts and POV.
Well, humor and plot are two different things. I found this episode very funny, but there wasn't much of a plot until about 60% through, so it ended up a little boring. When I'm saying boring I don't mean it was heavily boring, I just mean compared to other episodes. I was still interested with what was happening.

Squidy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The fast food restaurant that only sick people eat
I give it a 6/10
Pretty good episode besides for the middle and ending. I didn’t like the middle cause Squidward was kinda hurting Spongebob just because of a collar. I did not like the ending because Squidward got hurt pretty bad and I think he kinda deserved it by hurting Spongebob. The beginning was sorta filler too. So it gets a MEH episode. Close to a Scumbob but it was not that bad.
Edit: Forgot to mention that Squidward did not have the lines on his forehead as he usually does on the first shot of him.

Klu

Moby Dollar
Oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH. Now, we're talking. This episode is awesome!
First thing, I like how it's good Gary episode and good Squidward's torture episode! This episode is halarious! This episode has SO MUCH CONTINUTY NODS, that Mall Girl Pearl seems pale in comparison. This episode is really cute too!
"Papa Bob" line was sooo sweet and nice touch!

Yeah, I can gush about this episode all day, but I need to stop and fing some not so good qualities about this episode. I didn't like how SpongeBob's face looked... off in the beginning. Also, while I enjoyed conflict with Squidward, I'd rather watch more Gary interactions with other Bikini-Bottomites. But anyway, this episode is really freaking good and the best one from season 11 so far, which is hard to achive, since there a lot of great episodes already.
10/10

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I didn’t really like it because of Squidward messing around with SpongeBob. Otherwise it had some pretty good jokes. Rating: 6.5/10

This was a really good episode, but I wish it could've been a two-parter. It feels like a lot of potential character interactions had to be shortened/cut out entirely to make the episode 11 minutes.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This episode was a SpongeBob torture episode and that is why it's so hot. A GOLDEN episode. Isis Propaganda/10.

Good to start this week with a pretty darn good episode. I actually really enjoy most of Gary episodes and this one was no exception. I wish we'd spend a bit more time with Gary speaking but still what we got was hilarious. Gary calling SpongeBob PapaBob was so adorable I wanted to hug both Gary and SpongeBob. I loved seeing Gary actually hating Bikini Bottom and wanting to destroy it all. Gary criticizing Squidward's narcisistic art couldn't have come sooner and Squidward taking the villain role because of it was well done. Patrick and Sandy's cameos were pretty amusing, especially Sandy's nut talking as well. The climax was entertaining enough and Squidward got punished fairly at the end. Keith David voiced how Gary would actually sound If he wasn't a pet, props to him for his role. Not too much to say here, the episode was pretty good from start to finish. More Luke Brookshier episodes plz.

Grade: A-

Tyler730

Part Computer or Something
I really enjoyed this episode. While Squidward was OOC here, it wasn’t really at the point where I wanted to strangle him. The voice was nice and I just found some really funny moments like Gary’s dream to burn the city alive, the doorbell scene, and Gary criticizing Squidward’s home. There’s also some cool action and Squidward was punished for his actions. The ending was also funny and satisfying. Overall a fun episode and my favorite of the season so far.

Rating: Amazing

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Actually I'm changing my grade to A-, I liked this episode more the second time.

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
Pretty good episode. Something about the pacing and plot of this episode felt very "classic" to me, and there were definitely some pretty clever things here. I like how Gary doesn't really refer to anyone by name; he probably doesn't really understand the language the rest of the characters are speaking, so naming characters based on their characteristics ("Grouchy Squid," "Smelly Man," etc.) makes a whole lot of sense. I also love the voice they picked for Gary; it's always fun to imagine the least "understandable" character being the most sophisticated of the bunch. The whole scene where Gary goes about criticizing Squidward's interior decoration is pretty entertaining, but the funniest gag in this episode definitely had to be the Time Warp gag. It's such a good SpongeBob take on a more modern concept with hilarious execution, definitely something that made me pause for a moment out of laughter. That being said, I'm not sure if I entirely understood Squidward's plan. I mean, the part about making SpongeBob's house roll away, sure, but why make SpongeBob take Gary to the park? To build trust? I don't know. Still doesn't hamper my enjoyment of the episode too much, it was still pretty fun.

SCORE: 8/10

Reactions: Klu

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Pretty good episode. Something about the pacing and plot of this episode felt very "classic" to me, and there were definitely some pretty clever things here. I like how Gary doesn't really refer to anyone by name; he probably doesn't really understand the language the rest of the characters are speaking, so naming characters based on their characteristics ("Grouchy Squid," "Smelly Man," etc.) makes a whole lot of sense. I also love the voice they picked for Gary; it's always fun to imagine the least "understandable" character being the most sophisticated of the bunch. The whole scene where Gary goes about criticizing Squidward's interior decoration is pretty entertaining, but the funniest gag in this episode definitely had to be the Time Warp gag. It's such a good SpongeBob take on a more modern concept with hilarious execution, definitely something that made me pause for a moment out of laughter. That being said, I'm not sure if I entirely understood Squidward's plan. I mean, the part about making SpongeBob's house roll away, sure, but why make SpongeBob take Gary to the park? To build trust? I don't know. Still doesn't hamper my enjoyment of the episode too much, it was still pretty fun.

SCORE: 8/10
I think he did that because Spongebob was really tired and wanted to go to sleep, so Squidward wanted to make Spongebib do that to annoy him.

Back