225b. Pat the Horse

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
hippythehippo said:
This episode is complete and utter trash. Re-watched it, and wanted to smash the screen half way through. Worst post-sequel ep by a mile.
Heretic.

Klu

Moby Dollar
hippythehippo said:
This episode is complete and utter trash. Re-watched it, and wanted to smash the screen half way through. Worst post-sequel ep by a mile.
tbh ink lemonade is worse
but this episode is close second

Tyler730

Part Computer or Something
It’s only my sixth least favorite of post-sequel.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
I just can't find myself watching this unironically. The climax is just so ridiculously stupid I find myself delighted at how incredibly idiotic it is. It's so weird, I should be upset with how terrible the conflict is (Patrick wants to be a horse, how worse can you get with an idiotic plot that doesn't make any sense?). Somehow I just can't come to hate this episode, I know it's awful, but I still rather enjoyed watching it. Patrick of course is entirely out of character and written improperly, but I'm just numb to it at this point. Probably was the Clam Whisperer that broke me, I just haven't been as bothered with Patrick's character in this and Ink Lemonade as most others have. Can't be worse than the atrocity in such vile Season 8 episodes as Smooth Jazz in Bikini Bottom & Restraining Sponge.

Coffee_lover

Banished
This episode is probably my biggest guilty pleasure of the show ever,like,if I look at this episode objectively,maybe it even worse than The Clam Whisperer,but PtH have so ridiculous and inexplicable atmosphere that I laugh at this thing every time.Also it’s type of episodes that I love but don’t complain when someone hate it

hippythehippo

Banished
Klu said:
tbh ink lemonade is worse
but this episode is close second
Ink probably is worse if I take a critical look, but this is just so unentertaining. I found Ink to be interesting in what it's doing, even through it's sadist comedy. Patrick deluding himself is just not how I want this show to function. TBF, there are a couple jokes that hit in this ep, and it's nowhere near the worst of the series, but most of it is dull, stupid, and pointless.

Klu

Moby Dollar
hippythehippo said:
Ink probably is worse if I take a critical look, but this is just so unentertaining. I found Ink to be interesting in what it's doing, even through it's sadist comedy. Patrick deluding himself is just not how I want this show to function. TBF, there are a couple jokes that hit in this ep, and it's nowhere near the worst of the series, but most of it is dull, stupid, and pointless.
Yes, Ink Lemonade far more interesting to talk about, but it doesn't make that episode better. It's like to say that... I don't know, "Bucket, Sweet Bucket" is worse than "Fungus among Us", because BSB is much more boring and uninteresting episode in comparison.

And yet I wouldn't call this episode dull (Pat the Horse). It's full of energy, after all. It's just SO stupid and childish, that it hurts.

hippythehippo

Banished
Klu said:
Yes, Ink Lemonade far more interesting to talk about, but it doesn't make that episode better. It's like to say that... I don't know, "Bucket, Sweet Bucket" is worse than "Fungus among Us", because BSB is much more boring and uninteresting episode in comparison.

And yet I wouldn't call this episode dull (Pat the Horse). It's full of energy, after all. It's just SO stupid and childish, that it hurts.
I feel like Dear Vikings would be a more appropriate comparison here. But this is legit the first episode in a long time where I just wanted to turn off the episode. There are bad post sequel episodes, but none of them, not even Sportz or Ink, were just so downright unentertaining.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
This episode just doesn't click with me. In fact it kind of disturbs me, and it isn't very entertaining.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
This actually felt like a pretty good episode when I watched this at the SBM Movie Night.

The memes have made me soft on this episode.

josemiguex

Imitation Krab
Jokes aside, actually I liked this episode, seeing the reviews of this episode I expected to be boring and unfunny but watching it I found a lot of jokes/gags that made me laugh, the idea it's stupid but if the comedy works for me it's a good episode

8/10

This is a pretty weird concept, but they managed to make it work decently enough. This episode also had jokes that were mildly amusing. Overall, not a bad episode.

THE LIST:
1. Scavenger Pants (A+)
2. Teacher's Pests (A+)
3. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
4. Squid Noir (A)
5. Man Ray Returns (A)
6. Spin The Bottle (A)
7. Larry The Floor Manager (A)
8. Stuck On The Roof (B)
9. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
10. Pat the Horse (B)
11. Spot Returns (B)