224b. Scavenger Pants

I finally watched this and Luke Brooksheir's return was pretty good. Now this is how you do a SpongeBob/Patrick/Squidward episode. It barely went overboard and it was quite amusing. I liked seeing Spongeob and Patrick going to different places to search for things. Squidward's karma wasn't overboard and it was well deserved. Granted it was SpongeBob and Patrick that started all but Squidward's treatment was no better. I really loved how it ended with Squidward becoming SpongeBob and Patrick's brother. It was so unexpected and pretty damn hilarious. This episode wasn't anything amazing but it did its job just fine, being an entertaining 11 minute story.

Grade: B+

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I had a hard time knowing what to expect from this episode. Luke Brookshier's track record is so mixed ranging 6 seasons, 3 co-writers, and episodes that range from Roller Cowards to Truth or Square. This was really the first sample of Luke Brookshier's solo work.

And it was pretty good. Not amazing but fairly amusing. Once again the episode starts out weak with SpongeBob and Patrick acting a little on the obnoxious side but once the scavenger hunt begins the episode picks up. I think this episode does a good job at avoiding the pit falls of Boating Buddies and That Sinking Feeling by having Squidward deserve his karma and having the ending be funny, unpredictable, and a little cute as opposed to annoying, predictable, and boring. The rest of the episode is a nice framing device for gags from all these out there locations and seeing just how SpongeBob and Patrick will find these objects with a hilarious and unpredictable ending. This was borderline okay, but besides Sponge + Pat going a little overboard in some scenes I really liked everything else, so I'd say it was pretty good.

7/10

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
I got quite a lot things to say about this interesting episode. First off, that is a cool title card. Although, I wish we seen more scenes that took place outside of Bikini Bottom, but it was still an enjoyable one to watch. Anyway, what made this typical "annoy Squidward" episode worked is the way the plot and location was handled. I mean, there might be some dumb moments (Squidward's brother didn't made me laugh), but I was intrigued with the whole story. Everyone is written in character. I really want to share you some good moments, but I'll just spoil the ending for you. That ending while it was kind of foolish, it just cracked me up at how Squidward took the situation. Let's just say that SpongeBob and Patrick are now adopted by his mother. All in all, this was a good episode of SpongeBob’s 11th season. Really made up for the rather mediocre episode from yesterday. Out of all the returning writer’s episode in this era, I still liked Kaz’s Sewers of Bikini Bottom the best. Nevertheless I’m glad Brookshier is back.

Matt0417

Floating Shopping List
Brookshier did a great job with this one. The ending is one of the craziest endings (in a good way) in SpongeBob to me. There were jokes that got me, and the plot was interesting. 8.5/10

This episode is actually great. I'm not really sure why it's getting so much hate. The premise of this episode is good, and I'm surprised it wasn't used yet. All of the jokes are funny, and the points that lead up to the ending were done perfectly. And I love how they made that reference to the movie.

THE LIST:
1. Scavenger Pants (A+)
2. Teacher's Pests (A+)
3. Squid Noir (A+)
4. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
5. Man Ray Returns (A+)
6. Spin The Bottle (A)
7. Larry The Floor Manager (A)
8. Stuck On The Roof (B)
9. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
10. Spot Returns (B)
11. Cave Dwelling Sponge (B)
12. The Clam Whisperer (C)
13. No Pictures, Please (C)
14. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (C)
15. The Check-Up (D)

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
This episode was pretty good. I liked the plot and enjoyed the ending. I feel like the return of epic meme faces is overshadowing the episode.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
Honest Slug said:
All of you should adopt my rating scale

11/10 - Bad
10/10 - Mediocre
9/10 - Good
8/10 - Silver
7.8/10 - Too much water
6/10 - Terrible
5/10 - Bronze
4/10 - Golden
3/10 - Decent
2/10 - Amazing
1/10 - Okay
0/10 - Meh
how about
11/10 - awful
10/10 - meh
9/10 - Good
8/10 - Silver
7.8/10 - atrocious
6/10 - Terrible
5/10 - Bronze
4/10 - Golden
3/10 - Decent
2/10 - Amazing
1/10 - Okay
0/10 - top 5 of the show

Re-Hydrated Sponge

Moby Dollar
Well, Gee SpongeBob and Patrick, if you're bored why don't you go (like you used to.) and find you something to do that doesn't involve ruining Squidward's free time.
You left him alone he wouldn't have to try and get rid of you.
When Squidward begins talking about his "brother" I do feel like it was a missed opportunity for SpongeBob and Patrick to mistake Squilliam for Squidward's brother and brought him back. Adopting themselves as Squidward's brothers seemed shoe-horned in for comedy sake.
1. You're complaining about SpongeBob having comedy.
2. If that was the actual ending, then it would've came out of nowhere

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Boo-yah, “Scavenger Pants”, an episode I remember basically nothing about! Well, I do remember the title card. As for the actual plot of this episode, I have ideas, but I think that I’m mixing this episode up with “Hide and Then What Happens?” and “Shopping List”. So I guess I’ll have to see if I’m right about any plot elements at all. Maybe this will be one of those episodes where I remember the plot after a few seconds in. Well, I’ve just gotta hit play on this bad boy and see, don’t I?

We open with Squidward engaging in some contemporary interpretive dance. It’s visually interesting, I’ll say that much. And then SpongeBob appears out of nowhere to join him. I don’t care how many times the show uses this same exact joke, it will always be funny. Especially when they hit on those SpongeBob being a little creep and weirdo buttons, it’s even funnier (though I also like when SpongeBob is completely nonchalant about breaking into Squidward’s house, like the famous “Have You Seen This Snail?” scene. So basically, anything works!). Patrick also shows up, changing Squidward’s records and joining in on some dancing. Turns out, SpongeBob and Patrick are bored. Hey, this is miles better than a certain other opening sequence emphasizing boredom (”Toy Store of Doom” lashings, I had to do it).

Squidward decides to send the two on a scavenger hunt, and it’s at this point that I’m pretty confident I remember this episode, though still not a lot of the details. So that’s good enough for me, means I might be truly surprised instead of just acting like I am for once, haha (seriously can’t wait for season 12 and especially 13). As Squidward sends SpongeBob and Patrick looking for something he’s clearly made up, the next minute or so, at least, is predictable. I mean, literally the pilot episode of this show used this trope. Anyway, we start following SpongeBob and Patrick on their scavenging adventure (after a wonderful reference to the first movie that I do in fact remember being talked about a few years back). And we get some gorgeous backgrounds out of this, so I’m a fan. SpongeBob and Patrick find a sand witch, which is some fun wordplay that I wasn’t particularly expecting.

Soon, SpongeBob and Patrick are off on their next adventure. I love their stupid, dumb faces, they’re so funny. This next adventure reminds me of both the first movie (which I’m really thinking is purposeful given the potential second reference to the movie that Patrick’s face was) and “A SquarePants Family Vacation”. And just like the sandwich from the sand witch, Squidward gets beat up by the found object haha. This was a stupid, funny gag. I like it. Now why Squidward would test fate by having the two find the Loch Ness monster is crazy. The use of real backgrounds in this part is hilarious to me. Makes me think of The Amazing World of Gumball (a show I’ve never watched outside of clips, believe it or not).

Finally, Squidward comes up with his most diabolical scavenger hunt yet—find his brother. And I gotta admit, the way the show does it in the end is quite creative. Because of course Squidward doesn’t have a brother. Nah…he’s got two, cuz SpongeBob and Patrick have been adopted by Mrs. Tentacles! I really have to know how that transpired haha. Poor Squidward has a brain aneurysm.

“Scavenger Pants” is perfectly fine and enjoyable. Nothing really wows me about this episode, but it certainly isn’t bad. So, a Great tier should suffice.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.5/10

Back