224a. Squid Noir

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Trophy said:
Final score seems a little lenient if the aesthetic was that good and you don't mind not laughing at the jokes, I'd say that sounds more like a 7 :P
Yeah probably ha ha... maybe I could raise the score a bit... I just wish it was more of a standalone Squidward detective ep but whatever :p

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
What can I say? This was the first Squidward episode I was looking forward in a long time (not that I hated any of his focused episodes in seasons 9B-present, but they're not as great as the earlier episodes) and this really proves it. It got everything I asked for: The mystery, the suspension, the fresh plot (the show never used it before), and the amazing music editing. You can clearly see Goodman, Cunningham and the crew put so much effort to this episode and I got what I excepted. And yes, Bubble Bass makes yet another appearance. I'm already looking forward to most of season 11, but this takes the cake as one of my favorite episodes of the whole season and also the post-sequel era ever. Overall, this was such a fun way to end the You Bring the Color week. Hope that Shrinking Sponge episode airs soon. On another positive, I really enjoyed Rodger Bumpass' performance during the black and white scenes.

LadyElvis8

SpongeBob's wife
I like parodies, especially ones of the 40's like Noir. And after seeing Squid Noir twice, I had enough. It sure wasn't necessary when aggressive Squid just slapped my wubbly like 4 times! Grr.. But at least I got a kick out of when Spongey complimented Mr. Krabs in the 'dame' outfit. ;)

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
OH MY GOSH. THIS EPISODE WAS SO FANTASTIC! I haven't loved a SpongeBob episode so darn much for ages! Squidward sounded so awesome in the narration! I loved every single scene.
(Squidward's voice actor uses his normal voice for narrating the story. And it is pleasant.)

Growlie

Best Boy
OH MY GOSH. THIS EPISODE WAS SO FANTASTIC! I haven't loved a SpongeBob episode so darn much for ages! Squidward sounded so awesome in the narration! I loved every single scene. (Squidward's voice actor uses his normal voice for narrating the story. And it is pleasant.)
It was, now imagine If Squilliam stole Squidward's clarinet.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
It was, now imagine If Squilliam stole Squidward's clarinet.
If Squilliam returns at any point, it should be in an episode where he has a major role in it, not shoehorned into the end of an amazing episode for no reason except to appeal to the Squidiam fanbase's hopes and dreams. It wouldn't have made any sense for Squilliam to have stolen it.

This was a great episode. It had me excited from start to finish, and it didn't really feel like any other episode that I've seen. What more can I say?

THE LIST:
1. Teacher's Pests (A+)
2. Squid Noir (A+)
3. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
4. Man Ray Returns (A+)
5. Spin The Bottle (A)
6. Larry The Floor Manager (A)
7. Stuck On The Roof (B)
8. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
9. Spot Returns (B)
10. Cave Dwelling Sponge (B)
11. The Clam Whisperer (C)
12. No Pictures, Please (C)
13. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (C)
14. The Check-Up (D)

Growlie

Best Boy
If Squilliam returns at any point, it should be in an episode where he has a major role in it, not shoehorned into the end of an amazing episode for no reason except to appeal to the Squidiam fanbase's hopes and dreams. It wouldn't have made any sense for Squilliam to have stolen it.
I agree. But I think its been to long.
Squidward would be peeved, wouldn't he? Still, if I were Squidward, I'd forgive him. Squilliam is just too precious.
I think Squilliam would only steal it to mess with Squidward.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Really liked this one, very nice aesthetic, and a very nice story with some good jokes. The characters were solid and it worked very well, actually it went above and beyond, which in my book is great.

TexasSponge

Floating Shopping List
I haven't logged onto these boards in years. XD For shame. lol Life has been super busy so I haven't been able to post really. I have given a lot of these new episodes a watch, especially once I found out that Hillenburg kinda returned to the show as an executive producer. I'm actually quite impressed by a lot of these newer episodes. I love the animation style because it is so exaggerated and lively! A lot of the plot lines aren't too bad either and the easter eggs in my opinion are just genius. It brings nostalgia. I can't say there isn't one episode in this era that I really didn't like, other than Ink Lemonade. Not gonna lie, I didn't care for that particular episode too much and it kinda brought me back to season 6. It just had that feel to it. That was just a general opinion, but onto what I thought of the episode "Squid Noir."

I'd rate Squid Noir a 8/10! I enjoyed the plot line to this episode and thought it was a creative and fresh storyline. I loved that some of the episode was in black and white. :D The only thing that would of made this episode better is if they had made Squilliam steal Squidward's clarinet instead of the jellyfish.

I'd definitely watch this episode the next time it comes on. On another note, I think I'll start posting here again more often. :) I missed everyone haha.

Growlie

Best Boy
I'd rate Squid Noir a 8/10! I enjoyed the plot line to this episode and thought it was a creative and fresh storyline. I loved that some of the episode was in black and white. :D The only thing that would of made this episode better is if they had made Squilliam steal Squidward's clarinet instead of the jellyfish. ha.

I agree. Squilliam should've stolen Squid's clarinet to mess with him.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Rachel-Lioness said:
I haven't logged onto these boards in years. xD For shame. lol Life has been super busy so I haven't been able to post really. I have given a lot of these new episodes a watch, especially once I found out that Hillenburg kinda returned to the show as an executive producer. I'm actually quite impressed by a lot of these newer episodes. I love the animation style because it is so exaggerated and lively! A lot of the plot lines aren't too bad either and the easter eggs in my opinion are just genius. It brings nostalgia. I can't say there isn't one episode in this era that I really didn't like, other than Ink Lemonade. Not gonna lie, I didn't care for that particular episode too much and it kinda brought me back to season 6. It just had that feel to it. That was just a general opinion, but onto what I thought of the episode "Squid Noir."

I'd rate Squid Noir a 8/10! I enjoyed the plot line to this episode and thought it was a creative and fresh storyline. I loved that some of the episode was in black and white. :D The only thing that would of made this episode better is if they had made Squilliam steal Squidward's clarinet instead of the jellyfish.

I'd definitely watch this episode the next time it comes on. On another note, I think I'll start posting here again more often. :) I missed everyone haha.
Cool to see an older member come back! Also cool to see you watch newer episodes, just a cool post in general ^_^

TexasSponge

Floating Shopping List
Growlie said:
I agree. Squilliam should've stolen Squid's clarinet to mess with him.
To be honest I haven't seen Squilliam in a long time. :p Anyone know of his last appearance? He should totally return in a modern era episode. I actually miss Squilliam, He was a cool character.
FinnDinner said:
Cool to see an older member come back! Also cool to see you watch newer episodes, just a cool post in general ^_^
Yeah! I have been on a huge Spongebob kick lately and I remembered that I still had an account on these boards so I was like, Why not? I'll make a return and try to stay more active this time haha. Yep! I used to not really give the newer episodes a chance, but then I was like, eh, it isn't so bad after all. LOL I will admit, I like these newest episodes almost as much as the post movie episodes. I'd consider it a near tie. People may disagree but I always can agree to disagree. :rofl2:

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Rachel-Lioness said:
To be honest I haven't seen Squilliam in a long time. :P Anyone know of his last appearance? He should totally return in a modern era episode. I actually miss Squilliam, He was a cool character.
Yeah! I have been on a huge Spongebob kick lately and I remembered that I still had an account on these boards so I was like, Why not? I'll make a return and try to stay more active this time haha. Yep! I used to not really give the newer episodes a chance, but then I was like, eh, it isn't so bad after all. LOL I will admit, I like these newest episodes almost as much as the post movie episodes. I'd consider it a near tie. People may disagree but I always can agree to disagree. :rofl2:
Glad you can give the show a second chance, I know some people who won't even try watching a newer episode. This site is pretty amazing, so I hope you can stay here and help make this place even better!

TexasSponge

Floating Shopping List
FinnDinner said:
Glad you can give the show a second chance, I know some people who won't even try watching a newer episode. This site is pretty amazing, so I hope you can stay here and help make this place even better!
Yeah I've seen that a lot as well. Those people don't bother me. I know where they are coming from. I used to be them as well, until I stumbled upon a few newer episodes that I actually enjoy. Yeah I have always enjoyed this site. I'll always be a Spongebob fan, so my account will be here always. I've been considering reviewing all of the episodes and the movies, since It would be cool to review everything. I'm happy to be back on here.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Rachel-Lioness said:
Yeah I've seen that a lot as well. Those people don't bother me. I know where they are coming from. I used to be them as well, until I stumbled upon a few newer episodes that I actually enjoy. Yeah I have always enjoyed this site. I'll always be a Spongebob fan, so my account will be here always. I've been considering reviewing all of the episodes and the movies, since It would be cool to review everything. I'm happy to be back on here.
Hope you can make this a regular thing, hate to say it, but it's been kind of a ghost town lately, not like deserted, but kinda slacking, so I am guessing the people still here will be happy to see someone come back.

TexasSponge

Floating Shopping List
FinnDinner said:
Hope you can make this a regular thing, hate to say it, but it's been kind of a ghost town lately, not like deserted, but kinda slacking, so I am guessing the people still here will be happy to see someone come back.
I'm sure I can. :D I'm a night owl and despite having a busy schedule I still lurk around so I'll probably do a lot of posting. I've noticed that a lot lately with any forum. :( I think a lot of people sadly just stick to using social media nowadays. I actually still enjoy posting on forums, even though social media exists.

Back