223b. Bunny Hunt

Tyler730

Part Computer or Something
Terrible. Didn’t even crack a smile. Squidward Torture and dull plot make it bad. Fun-Sized Friends is much better than this trash.

Rating: SCUMBOB!

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
This is a very unpopular opinion.... This review should be long.

bh.JPG

So, Bunny Hunt. This episode is in my Top 3 least favorites of the whole series. What really bothers me about it is that it really doesn't like Squidward. And this time, he didn't do anything to deserve it. Even in The Thing, Squidward at least did yell at SpongeBob and Patrick, so he did kinda deserve it. Here, he goes to get stuff from his garden and gets his hair ripped out (which I still don't understand how it could hurt him, because it was fake) and then gets attacked multiple times. Then the stuff with SpongeBob was really boring, the bunny destroys his house, and then goes back to hating Squidward for no reason, only this time there are more of them (also, I do have to give credit to the writers for hiding the adult joke with the laundry basket pretty well). Then Squidward loses his house, and there is a really stupid ending with him thinking he's a bunny, and the bunny acting like Squidward, with that last part really bothering me.

Now, for positives:

- I liked the video game map joke
- The transition to Puka A
- Adult Joke
- References to Whirlybrains and Gary's New Toy

Now, the negatives:

- Stupid Squidward torture
- SpongeBob being a major idiot at the beginning
- The really stupid ending
- "Patrick, did you get stuck in the couch again? No SpongeBob, I got stuck in the couch again."
- The bunny's character in general
- The bunny destroying both SpongeBob and Squidward's houses
- Stupid Patrick
- The whole hot sauce scene
- The bunny attacking Squidward
- Patrick eating Squidward
- "Yeah we just heard" <-- THAT FREAKING LINE

Overall, a really bad episode that both has tons of boring and frustrating elements.

0.5/10 (Atrocious)

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
Wow, you know an episode is bad when even @[member='Season 4-11'] hates it. I don't think I've ever seen him say an episode is bad
(not saying this is a bad thing, just commenting on that)
So far, the only Post-Sequel episodes I thought were bad are:

The Fish Bowl
Salsa Imbecilicus
Plankton Retires
Cuddle E. Hugs
And this.

Of course, there's also the okay episodes:

Sanctuary!
Mutiny on the Krusty
The Getaway (probable surprised you)
Patrick's Coupon
And Drive Happy.

Jai The Guy

Aren't we all bunnies now?
Season 4-11 said:
So far, the only Post-Sequel episodes I thought were bad are:

The Fish Bowl
Salsa Imbecilicus
Plankton Retires
Cuddle E. Hugs
And this.

Of course, there's also the okay episodes:

Sanctuary!
Mutiny on the Krusty
The Getaway (probable surprised you)
Patrick's Coupon
And Drive Happy.
I actually liked Plankton Retires, but I respect your opinion. All in all, I feel like this episode was spending too much time trying to be fast paced and crazy, that it forgot to be funny. This is season 11's main flaw. Slow down. IMO, the best s11 episodes are the ones where they can take a chill pill (Man Ray Returns, Spot Returns, Drive Happy, High Sea Diving, etc)

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
I actually liked Plankton Retires, but I respect your opinion. All in all, I feel like this episode was spending too much time trying to be fast paced and crazy, that it forgot to be funny. This is season 11's main flaw. Slow down. IMO, the best s11 episodes are the ones where they can take a chill pill (Man Ray Returns, Spot Returns, Drive Happy, High Sea Diving, etc)
to be fair that could be considered a problem with season 10

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
So recently an epidemic has been sweeping around SpongeBuddy Mania, turning almost every user it comes into contact with into bunnies. Of course, such an epidemic never would have existed had it not been for the cheap ending portrayed in the recent episode, Bunny Hunt. Of course, I was concerned about this episode's overall quality upon reading it's synopsis for the very first time back in January, given how...oh how should I put it...unstructured the plotline sounded. It sounded like it had no general clear direction, especially given the abstract excuse of SpongeBob's liking for the bunny (He thinks it's cute. Sounds like a synopsis you'd come across on the SpongeBob Fandom Wikia). Regardless, this episode generally produced an ending so controversial, it's ironic disease has swooped the forums, claiming all sorts of victims. Doctors are struggling to fight the epidemic in crowded hospitals and gardens.

ta5x1.jpg

Oh no! It's too late! My writing has already stooped down to Season 10-level of comedy!

Anyway, after my internet had to shut off at the most inconvenient of times on Monday, it's time I review this episode again (And hopefully it'll reach into public eye).

Essentially, there is no clear plot structure. The episode is centered around the excuse of nothing more than visual gags surrounding the sea bunny. Which brings us, of course, to the most damaging plothole to the episode's conflict. It's very obvious the bunny is an homage to bugs, c'mon, his torment on Squidward's garden is akin to that of your most watered down Bugs Bunny gags. However, what Lawrence got wrong severely with developing this new character was cutting out any proper lack of motivation. Bugs could act like the biggest stinker anyone's ever met, but it was always warranted, due to being kicked around previously during the conflict's setup. Essentially, Bugs was usually abused to an extent before unleashing his antics on his opposing foes. That way, all of the nonsense Bugs inflicts on folks like Elmer, and Yosemite Sam is justified, as Bugs is only reacting towards such villains. Bugs himself won't cause any problems, he'll just go on his merry way, doing whatever pleases him, in a nice peaceful manner. But when say his house is threatened, or when he's threatened, of course you know that means war.

The biggest failure in regards to the bunny is that he has no reason to be an annoyance. We don't get any proper setup, or introduction to his character. We literally jump right into the antics the moment he pops up on screen. He's not pushed around in any particular way by Squidward. Heck, the most basic of setups you could've done by having Squidward build over the bunny's habitat is an option that's entirely ignored! As a result, the bunny isn't funny, not in the slightest. He's just an obnoxious pest, causing pure destruction all around. And it's not like he's a clear antagonist, I feel as though this episode tries to make him a character you root for, given Squidward's "comeuppance" at the end for trying to attack the bunny earlier. All of the gags with this Bunny feel heavily Bugs Bunny influenced, but that key missing factor of making the Bunny's actions justified, therefore making him an actual protagonist, rather than just a nuisance completely botches his execution as a character! He's not funny, he's just annoying, spewing out the most generic visual gags you could possibly think of (Especially given that he's a Bugs Bunny homage).

Of course, if the episode actually tried to center around a storyline, rather than just pure chaos for 11 minutes, we might've actually gotten a proper introduction to this character. Of course, the episode doesn't have a clear direction, SpongeBob just brings in the bunny under his wing and all hell breaks loose. Even though I really hated Fun-Sized Friends, I will give it credit that it delivered a properly structured storyline. This episode is as loose as an anarchy-influenced civilization.

So while the storyline is super dull, and quite a good majority of the gags in this episode feel unnecessary in part of being associated with an obnoxious character, I will give the episode credit where it's due. There are quite a bundle of funny gags throughout the episode. Heck, the opening scene where Squidward acts like a French chef is hilarious! And while I find most of the visual gags centering around the bunny to be cheap gags, I do find the concept of traveling through SpongeBob's walls to be pretty funny. There are quite a good amount of small little gags throughout the episode, from Patrick being in the animal control guy's truck, to Squidward's use of his carrot costume, this episode was surprisingly funnier than I expected it to be. Now what about that infamous ending which has inflicted a plague unlike any other?

Well, yes the gag with Squidward becoming a bunny is an incredibly lazy way to cut off an episode (Notice how I don't refer to it as an ending, because it hardly is one), but at least the "transformation" itself wasn't a result of Squidward driving himself mad (Like in say, Whirly-Brains or whenever he saw an urchin in The Incredible Shrinking Sponge), so I honestly didn't find the ending to be as awful as I thought it would've been. Yes, it's still a bad ending, but Squidward's done a lot more worse freakouts in the Post-Prequel era, so I honestly don't consider this ending too bad.

Overall, I'd say Bunny Hunt is a light Bad Episode. I was originally going to give it an "Okay", but the sloppy story structure is so terrible, I have to give it a bad. I give this episode a 4.9/10

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
So recently an epidemic has been sweeping around SpongeBuddy Mania, turning almost every user it comes into contact with into bunnies. Of course, such an epidemic never would have existed had it not been for the cheap ending portrayed in the recent episode, Bunny Hunt. Of course, I was concerned about this episode's overall quality upon reading it's synopsis for the very first time back in January, given how...oh how should I put it...unstructured the plotline sounded. It sounded like it had no general clear direction, especially given the abstract excuse of SpongeBob's liking for the bunny (He thinks it's cute. Sounds like a synopsis you'd come across on the SpongeBob Fandom Wikia). Regardless, this episode generally produced an ending so controversial, it's ironic disease has swooped the forums, claiming all sorts of victims. Doctors are struggling to fight the epidemic in crowded hospitals and gardens.

ta5x1.jpg

Oh no! It's too late! My writing has already stooped down to Season 10-level of comedy!

Anyway, after my internet had to shut off at the most inconvenient of times on Monday, it's time I review this episode again (And hopefully it'll reach into public eye).

Essentially, there is no clear plot structure. The episode is centered around the excuse of nothing more than visual gags surrounding the sea bunny. Which brings us, of course, to the most damaging plothole to the episode's conflict. It's very obvious the bunny is an homage to bugs, c'mon, his torment on Squidward's garden is akin to that of your most watered down Bugs Bunny gags. However, what Lawrence got wrong severely with developing this new character was cutting out any proper lack of motivation. Bugs could act like the biggest stinker anyone's ever met, but it was always warranted, due to being kicked around previously during the conflict's setup. Essentially, Bugs was usually abused to an extent before unleashing his antics on his opposing foes. That way, all of the nonsense Bugs inflicts on folks like Elmer, and Yosemite Sam is justified, as Bugs is only reacting towards such villains. Bugs himself won't cause any problems, he'll just go on his merry way, doing whatever pleases him, in a nice peaceful manner. But when say his house is threatened, or when he's threatened, of course you know that means war.

The biggest failure in regards to the bunny is that he has no reason to be an annoyance. We don't get any proper setup, or introduction to his character. We literally jump right into the antics the moment he pops up on screen. He's not pushed around in any particular way by Squidward. Heck, the most basic of setups you could've done by having Squidward build over the bunny's habitat is an option that's entirely ignored! As a result, the bunny isn't funny, not in the slightest. He's just an obnoxious pest, causing pure destruction all around. And it's not like he's a clear antagonist, I feel as though this episode tries to make him a character you root for, given Squidward's "comeuppance" at the end for trying to attack the bunny earlier. All of the gags with this Bunny feel heavily Bugs Bunny influenced, but that key missing factor of making the Bunny's actions justified, therefore making him an actual protagonist, rather than just a nuisance completely botches his execution as a character! He's not funny, he's just annoying, spewing out the most generic visual gags you could possibly think of (Especially given that he's a Bugs Bunny homage).

Of course, if the episode actually tried to center around a storyline, rather than just pure chaos for 11 minutes, we might've actually gotten a proper introduction to this character. Of course, the episode doesn't have a clear direction, SpongeBob just brings in the bunny under his wing and all hell breaks loose. Even though I really hated Fun-Sized Friends, I will give it credit that it delivered a properly structured storyline. This episode is as loose as an anarchy-influenced civilization.

So while the storyline is super dull, and quite a good majority of the gags in this episode feel unnecessary in part of being associated with an obnoxious character, I will give the episode credit where it's due. There are quite a bundle of funny gags throughout the episode. Heck, the opening scene where Squidward acts like a French chef is hilarious! And while I find most of the visual gags centering around the bunny to be cheap gags, I do find the concept of traveling through SpongeBob's walls to be pretty funny. There are quite a good amount of small little gags throughout the episode, from Patrick being in the animal control guy's truck, to Squidward's use of his carrot costume, this episode was surprisingly funnier than I expected it to be. Now what about that infamous ending which has inflicted a plague unlike any other?

Well, yes the gag with Squidward becoming a bunny is an incredibly lazy way to cut off an episode (Notice how I don't refer to it as an ending, because it hardly is one), but at least the "transformation" itself wasn't a result of Squidward driving himself mad (Like in say, Whirly-Brains or whenever he saw an urchin in The Incredible Shrinking Sponge), so I honestly didn't find the ending to be as awful as I thought it would've been. Yes, it's still a bad ending, but Squidward's done a lot more worse freakouts in the Post-Prequel era, so I honestly don't consider this ending too bad.

Overall, I'd say Bunny Hunt is a light Bad Episode. I was originally going to give it an "Okay", but the sloppy story structure is so terrible, I have to give it a bad. I give this episode a 4.9/10
YOU'RE A BUNNY NOW

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
"A sea bunny ravages Squidward's garden, but SpongeBob thinks it's cute."[/size]

Yeah, I'm not interested in this. It screams too much SpongeBob being oblivious to everything and Squidward getting undeserved pain but we'll see how it goes. Please don't be like season 6.
The legends were true, HS could’ve never predicted this episode would captivate him.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Bunny Hunt (S11-E223-B)

I like this episode. It's funny and hiarious. Those sea bunnies act like Rabbids Invasion here in SpongeBob. (but there's no BWAH!)

Final Score = 9/10

Back