• Hey, Guest! The watch party for "The SpongeBob Musical" is on Saturday at 6 PM CT. Be there or be square!

221b. Stuck on the Roof

Matt0417

This one wasn't that interesting, but there were some moments I liked like SpongeBob with the flashlight shining at Squidward's house. Overall, it wasn't good, but i can at least give it a 6/10.

JerryTheSnail

So I didn't like this episode upon first viewing, but after a re-watch, I found myself actually kind of enjoying it. I think this is a good episode to have playing in the background or something. It's nothing special but it's a nice little episode with some fun little moments. The visuals in particular looks very nice, especially the backgrounds during the scenes where the sun is setting. A couple of scenes drag on like the shadow scene with Squidward and the beginning was...uhh....but otherwise I kinda like this one.

Greek Chorus

Oh, grock.
It's hard to exactly say much about this episode, since there isn't too much to say. It's a pretty basic premise and story, but the characters are all written well enough, and in pretty much every aspect it does... just fine. It's fairly charming, but not much else.

However...

While I'd probably just mark this up as a 6/10 and call it a day, the animation and visual gags in this episode are fantastic, easily some of the best I've seen not only in SpongeBob, but in just about all of animation. The scene where SpongeBob's shadow puppet interacts with Squidward is really funny and inventive, as well as some of the more subtle visual gags, like the Krusty Krab's height being exaggerated when Patrick is inviting SpongeBob to jump off the roof with him, and the sequences of SpongeBob building a new home on the roof. The animation in the episode is some of the best in the series, and while usually I won't let the animation bump up my score that much, it's just too good not to notice in this episode.

So I'm gonna mark this up as a 7/10 Good Episode. Not spectacular, but something I'd willingly rewatch, especially for the animation. It's just barely hanging above "Okay," but I really can't say no to that shadow puppet scene.

This episode wasn't that bad, honestly. Sure, there's a bunch of things happening at once, and there's that whole "twerk" thing, but this episode was good for what it was.

THE LIST:
1. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
2. Man Ray Returns (A+)
3. Spin The Bottle (A)
4. Larry The Floor Manager (A)
5. Stuck On The Roof (B)
6. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
7. Spot Returns (B)
8. Cave Dwelling Sponge (B)
9. The Clam Whisperer (C)
10. No Pictures, Please (C)
11. The Check-Up (D)