21b. Squid's Day Off

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff

This episode is hilarious... all of Squidward's crazy ideas of what is happening at the Krusty Krab are so funny
rSMUI.png

cwn

Porous Freak
I really like this episode. I think the best part is Squidward's hallucination.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
You know what's weird, I was going to post in this thread a few hours ago saying how I was surprised there had been no replies, then you guys go and spoil it all by posting two replies by the time I get around to doing it! :P

This is one of those episodes which is the closest a cartoon like SpongeBob can get to a "bottle" episode (where the characters are just in the same room for a whole episode in real time). You have the lather, rinse, repeat narrative of Squidward going home to relax before thinking SpongeBob is up to something (which gets crazier as the episode progresses) before he rushes down to the KK where SpongeBob without fail asks, "Have you finished your chores yet?". And whilst sometimes this kind of plot can get boring with other shows, it just gets funnier with SpongeBob - animation is limitless. Squidward just looks weird by the end - but the conclusion is hilarious. The way SpongeBob delivers "We forgot to turn the closed sign... to OPEN!" is hilarious. And the way Squidward just has a meltdown too.

I need to get around to re-watching this episode - it's one of the best Squidward episodes, up there with the Krusty Krab Training Video and Squidville. I don't think I've seen it in a long time, even compared to when I was still regularly watching Nickelodeon and SpongeBob.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
This is one of those episodes which is the closest a cartoon like SpongeBob can get to a "bottle" episode (where the characters are just in the same room for a whole episode in real time).
I'd say the second half of Pineapple Fever and Club Spongebob are like Bottle Episodes as well.

Anyway, I like this episode a lot. It's the second Season 2 episode, so the animation is pretty awkward at times, and the scene where Squidward turns into an octopus never made sense to me (and still doesn't, really), but it took a simple premise, and made it hilarious. It really picks up when Squidward starts going insane, thinking Spongebob is everywhere. Favorite joke:

Doctor: Okay, Mr. Krabs, and come back if you see that there's anything wrong.
Mr. K: Thanks, Doc!
*Mr. Krabs walks outside, sees deranged Squidward running to the Krusty Krab naked and screaming*
*his arms fall off*
*he goes back into the hospital*

Gets me every time. Good episode. 8/10.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
This episode wasn't the greatest, but I agreed. Squidward's hallucinations were funny to watch even though it got a little repetitive. 8/10

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Well, tonight I rewatched this episode.

My favourite moment was by far when Squidward says "me too". I don't know if it's the way he says it or the look on his face, but it actually had me laughing out loud. And I was still chuckling at it after I stopped laughing as well. A surprisingly hilarious line!

I also have a new theory about Squidward.

Maybe the "errands" were that he was taking drugs for the first time. He starts his LSD trip when he goes home for the first time, and so gradually he starts hallucinating more and more, seeing SpongeBob in his house. What we see is how Squidward is seeing things in his mind. When Squidward runs to the KK for the last time, he gradually comes out of his trip when he slows down his speech whilst realising SB couldn't have beaten him to the KK and gotten there so quickly. "I have finished those errands" means he's stopped tripping, and the way he is acting afterwards is the come down from the trip.

How the last scene fits in with that theory, I don't know :p

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
This episode is hilarious. Squidward's thoughts on what SpongeBob is doing to the Krusty Krab are priceless. Nice plot, too. 8/10

This episode had the famous "Have you finished those errands" in it. I found it quite annoying. I happened to like the bell-ringing part a little better. However, something can always make up for the annoyance. A face:

179455.jpg

7/10 :)

This is truly one of those episode that you think sucks at first but then it grows on you and you laugh like a buffoon when you watch it :P

This is truly one of those episode that you think sucks at first but then it grows on you and you laugh like a buffoon when you watch it :P

hfjs

This a very hilarious episode. Another simple plot, even more great execution. I also love the amazing amount of funny faces.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
E.V.I.L said:
This is truly one of those episode that you think sucks at first but then it grows on you and you laugh like a buffoon when you watch it :p

This is truly one of those episode that you think sucks at first but then it grows on you and you laugh like a buffoon when you watch it :p
I hope I'm not bumping this topic, but you are just too correct. That's just what happened to me.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
I love this episode. It's just eleven minutes of pure wackiness, so while it's technically not one of the best episodes in terms of writing and story-telling, it's one of the funnier, more entertaining episodes for me.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 2

Episode: Squid's Day Off

This episode was pretty good. It had funny jokes and it was funny when Octo went insane. 8.5/10

Back