219b. Larry the Floor Manager

More

VIP
Synopsis: "Mr. Krabs takes a vacation and makes Larry the Lobster the temporary manager of the Krusty Krab."

Oh cool it's an expansion of that last scene from "The Check-Up" that I really loved. :P And it's another episode starring Larry after Season 9's "Larry's Gym"! I'm so glad the show can expiriment with new characters after being on this long.

We'll find out when it airs soon enough...

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
This was a mix of bossy boots and I wasn’t a huge fan of that episode. This one tried too hard.

Best part was squidward saying “give em a single! Give em a double with cheese!”

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
I wanna give into Larry's healing pecs too :sbface:

Seeing Larry act like he's on roid rage exercise control was really fun, the earlier seasons painted Larry as perfect and seeing him flawed for once is something I never realized that I needed, especially to the point of another Squidward/SpongeBob teamup...or attempted one in Squidward's trap. The showdown between beefcakes and grease fanatics was a fun fight yet again. The ending could've done a bit more to state how important balance and moderation is but oh well, the episode was still more than entertaining enough.

Overall this was a solid episode pairing but in each one there was just one scene that was a little too zany.

Squidy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The fast food restaurant that only sick people eat
I call it "Bubble Bass Returns." The gym is a very good idea and the only bad part about this episode is probably the first 2 minutes. Over all it's not a golden episode, but it's good enough to get a GOOD episode. Also my favorite part is is SpongeBob rejecting Squidward and it's another, "SpongeBob and Squidward team up to fix something" type episode. Also Larry is funny in this episode by a mile and probably his best appearance. I'm also surprised Scooter wasn't in this episode and we never even got a cameo of him. So the episode is 9.5/10. Edit: SpongeBob you're fried aired today EEEEEEEEEEE.

Klu

Moby Dollar
Beggining was too loud and zany, the rest of it was rather enteraining.
But even this episode didn't make me sad about Ben Gruber's leaving. :P

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Pretty decent episode, and a brief interaction between Larry and Mr. Krabs (I think their first), and Squidward blurting out most of the funniest lines in this episode. 8.8/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This was a great episode. I really love the direction they took with the "Krusty Krab gets changed" plot, especially with the restaurant being turned into a gym. I thought it was funny when the customers were trying to enjoy their food while exercising. And it's also nice to see Larry in another major role. Plus there was funny dialogue, visual humor, and fast-paced action. I'm giving this one a 8.5/10! Season 11 is looking bright so far!

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
These Larry themed episodes seem to get more and more interesting. I like Larry, I think he's a pretty likable character. And this episode perfectly transforms him into an entertaining antihero. I wasn't sure what to expect with this episode. The title sounded premising, but I wasn't too sure what we'd get out of the plot. I really liked seeing Larry take the role of Krabs at the end of The Checkup, I thought that was a pretty clever plot twist, so seeing Larry take the role as Krusty Krab manager for real, is pretty intriguing.

First off, I need to get something out of my way. This episode is half original/half ripoff in a sort of way. When I use the term "ripoff", I use it very lightly, because I know it's never the writers' intentions to rip off a previously established episode. I generally use this to describe episodes that have the same general theme as an older episode. On one hand, seeing Larry act as temporary manager is pretty original, and interesting. But on the other hand, this episode feels like a mix of Krusty Dogs and Bossy Boots. Goodness, this episode even replaces Krabby Patties with salads! However, the execution of this episode differs from that of Bossy Boots, and instead goes the route of Krusty Dogs, in which Squidward and SpongeBob try to revert the Krusty Krab back to it's former glory. And honestly...I kind of like it. Krusty Dogs, although a good episode, had kind of an awkward vibe to it. The pacing of it was very slow, and most of the episode's humor was executed in a very surreal, and somewhat mean spirited way. This episode, however, has tons of goofy, funny gags. Turning the Krusty Krab into an over-the-top gym was pretty funny to witness. And in this case, it makes sense why the restaurant is turned into the gym, seeing that Larry owns one now. Oh yeah, Larry's Gym is still part of the continuity. His gym is referenced a few times in this episode, so the changes he makes to the Krusty Krab are kind of expected from a super healthy, and fit guy. A lot of the humor in this episode is really funny, especially the extreme, over-the-top flexing from Larry and the buff fish. I like how the episode doesn't really focus that much on how the food at the Krusty Krab is affected, but rather the experience at the Krusty Krab is changed. This is what separates this episode from the likes of Bossy Boots and Krusty Dogs. The premise seems eerily similar to Bossy Boots, and a lot of plot devices (Particularly Squidward and SpongeBob's plans) are very similar to that of Krusty Dogs, but the episode's humor, and characters come off as very original.

This is probably one of the funniest episodes out there, that centers on visual humor. There's a lot of creativity with the visual gags in this episode, that actually makes them quite enjoyable to watch. It doesn't feel lazy (Like the gags in Sportz?), nor does it come off as "Lol Random" humor (Like in The Clam Whisperer).

As I said, I really like Larry's character in this episode. His intentions in this episode perfectly fits his character. Especially, since he runs a Gym, his view of the Krusty Krab when running it is bound to conflict with the standards of the Krusty Krab. Plus, there are plenty of jokes surrounding his character in this episode, that I found pretty funny. From his whimpering pecs, to his extreme flexing, Larry was a pretty enjoyable character in this episode. The rest of the characters in this episode are pretty good, SpongeBob was perfectly in character, Squidward did have some flaws (Primarily when he went crazy at the beginning of the episode), and some unfunny moments, but he was alright, I guess. Krabs was a pretty decent character, and I found Bubble Bass to be pretty funny in this episode. The highlight of this episode by far is seeing Fred finally yelling "My LEG!" (With Mr. Lawrence voicing him!). :myleg: FINALLY! After many attempts, they got it right!

Overall, this is a very solid episode. Full of funny, creative gags, an interesting plot, a solid conclusion, it's a Great Episode. All in all, it gets a 9/10.

I thought this episode was great, and having Larry being temporary manger is good idea,. it's cool to see something new for once without Plankton stealing the forumla routine (thank god it wasn't), and SB & Squidward's teaming up once again was cool too. the jokes here are great, and even Bubble Bass's order was funny. Overall, it's nice to see Larry gets a focus for this episode.

Final Grade: B+

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Since the worst post-sequel writer wrote this episode (who's remotely responsible for the show's increasing wackiness in the last season) for the most part, I wasn't excepting much here. Thankfully, it's better than I excepted, but it's still not what I have in mind. When I saw "Floor Manager" in the title, I thought Larry was going to become a crew member for a movie or something. Instead, it's another KK episode, but they still handled it well. It was kinda funny that Larry turned the Krusty Krab into the gym, abandoning the purpose of the KK. I was also wanting Larry to be like his appearance in The Check-up, but not seeing him dressed like Krabs was a bummer. The writer of this episode continues to have a thing against Squidward, who still goes insane for the sake of comedy. SpongeBob, Krabs and larry are thankfully in character, though. But Bubble Bass really stole the show for me here. His appearance was a lot like Pickles when he makes a long order. The ending was hilarious as well. It went from Healthy Krab to Fatty Krab in one minute. All in all, a good episode, but the plot would've been something better.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
CartoonJazzLover said:
I was also wanting Larry to be like his appearance in The Check-up, but not seeing him dressed like Krabs was a bummer.
This would be actually lazy.

This was pretty damn good. Portraying Larry as supposedly a perfect musclular dude but instead he's such a pushy person worked out for me. There were a few over the top zany moments like Squidward overreacting and then getting hurt at the begining but this episode had some good gags like "return of my leg" gag, SpongeBob's sabotage plans working in favor of Larry and his buddies. The climax was actually more fun than Man Ray Returns because the set up of it actually worked. Yeah, the episode's plot was similar to Bossy Boots but I thought this episode was more fun, so it didn't bother me much and Larry was a great antagonist. Not the mention SpongeBob and Squidward team up is always welcome. One thing tho, people at Bikini Bottom really don't care about their health. I mean yeah, that was always ben part of this show but after how this episode even made healty and strong people unhealthy fat people and then seeing same costumers being fatter was so sad, in fact kind of disturbing.
After how mess Man Ray Returns was, this felt like a good time I've had with this show again.

Grade: B+

Back