219a. Man Ray Returns

Depressed Luigi

Banished

1,692 posts
$46 doubloons
Looking at the episode discussion, it is interesting how the opinions are so lopsided of this. It's like The Great Snail race's opinions, a lot of people really like that episode but a lot of people hated it. And very few people put it in the middle. Overall though, more people love it than hate it. Same thing here. It's interesting.

Personally, I thought this episode was hilarious and not even slightly annoying, although I can kinda understand why somebody would find it annoying (although I disagree with that). What DOES confuse me though is that the people hating this don't seem to mind Mermaid Pants though, which kinda confuses me since this episode and that episode are very similar, and Spongebob and Patrick act the same way in both.
RomNick said:
...You know you're stating a REALLY unpopular opinion, right?!
So? Not everyone is going to have the same opinion, even if you disagree with it.

Jewish Cyborg

actually the irate gamer

3,984 posts
$3,401 doubloons
It's funny how most of the opinions of this episode on here oppose the ones on SBC, where most opinions on there seem to be negative. As much as I don't really watch the new episodes anymore, I decided to watch this one out of curiosity. Was it really as bad as they say it is?

Well, I wasn't very impressed at all. It just felt like an episode where SpongeBob and Patrick do more WACKEE ANTICS that come off more annoying than funny. I can tell that they were aiming to make it some kind of Bugs Bunny plot but here's the thing. Most of Bugs' enemies usually come up with a plot to kill, hunt, or capture him. It would make sense for Bugs Bunny to fight them. In the SpongeBob episode, Man Ray acts genuinely innocent but SpongeBob and Patrick still assume he does bad things because he's a villain. It feels more like that scene in Shuffleboarding where they fight Man Ray in the laundromat (a scene I didn't even find funny in the first place) extended to 11 minutes. MAYBE if Man Ray pretended to turn a new leaf like Plankton did in New Leaf or if, at least, Barnacle Boy phoned the two warning them that Man Ray was carrying out some kind of plan, it would make sense for them to fight. But no, SpongeBob and Patrick fight him because "he's a villain so he's evil and therefore, will never change". I dunno, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

So yeah, I know my opinion is unpopular on here but I still stand by it. I didn't like this episode one bit.

1/10

jack_of_all_traids

Comic-al

1,376 posts
$659 doubloons
This episode was great! This really felt like a direct sequel to Mermaid Pants. Most of the jokes were great, the plot was great, everything was great. This was a nice watch.

THE LIST:
1. Man Ray Returns (A+)
2. Spin The Bottle (A)
3. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
4. Spot Returns (B)
5. Cave Dwelling Sponge (B)
6. The Clam Whisperer (C)
7. The Check-Up (D)

CheeseCrocker

104 posts
$102 doubloons
This is the one post-sequal episode that is in my top ten. Better yet, this is in my top 3! This episode has absolutely hilarious action, and is one of the most entertaining episodes in the entire series. There is so much humor I can't even list all of it, and Man Ray's appearance was fantastic.

Amazing Episode (10.5/10)