218a. Spin the Bottle

More

VIP
Synopsis: "Plankton poses as a wish-granting genie in his latest scheme to get the secret formula."

I don't know how popular the desire for this episode to be a shipper's paradise of kissing was, because I'd love that for how different it'd be, but I guess having a Spandy moment is too much for the show to handle. I'm just hoping they do something creative with the "Plankton disguises as X to get the secret formula" plot (Seriously, is this "Imitation Krabs VII" at this point?)

Discuss the episode when it airs on July 16!

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
This one has a ton of potential as long as there's a reasonable way that Plankton is able to masquerade as a genie, I feel that if they do that correctly, there will be enough humor to make this a highly enjoyable episode, even if it's another disguise episode this one is better than "grandma" or "Gary". It should be distinguishable enough if he does something like use his inventions.

The title still should be "Rub the Bottle", as that's what you do with genies....

Wintermelon43 said:
I really hope they have a new spin to this one. Otherwise it'll simply be like a normal, common, water bottle in a field of many differant unique drinks and bottles.

I'm sorry I'll never do that again
Feel free to do it up to the "spin" part and maybe call it a water bottle. Puns are only bad when they're made to be way too obvious.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Feel free to do it up to the "spin" part and maybe call it a water bottle. Puns are only bad when they're made to be way too obvious.
The last part was a joke, that's what people say a lot of times after a pun. Hence why it was striked out,

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Looks like a really good premise, especially the part with the genie. One thing though: I just want it to be executed well, since that is what can determine whether an episode is worthy of being good.

Nickelodeon Stuff

Floating Shopping List
It's the same as sportz, it's funny but not the best. I'll give this one a 6.0/10. I hate how it's the same old plankton scheme though, they need to try something different.

I liked it except for all the slapstick in the beginning and the fact that Patrick was trying to beat someone for being impolite

My favorite part: "You keep messing with that crab and the only vase you'll need is an urn"

Loopers

Sportz?
Sorry, but this episode sucked.
It was wayy too fast paced and it had too much energy happening all up at once, not everything has to be slapstick

3/10 imo

Sportz? was slightly better at least. I just feel like Kaz is getting worse and worse. Get Blake ruined him.

This one I can fairly see being divisive but I personally liked it. The hyperness while too much did work well with some areas of the story, like we don't need it every 5 seconds but the bizareness did work well with things such as the ending where the 4 stuck in the bottle got a fair comuppeance for their greed of more wishes. I think the amounts of slapstick and exaggerated facial expressions are just something we're going to have to live through though, as tiring as it may be in the future, but this one did it surprisingly alright, yet it's still nothing to constantly sing praises about, just like season 10 and the first 2 season 11 episodes, although I'd place this below the better episodes of the past year or so, as the slapstick was excessive and Plankton's plan.... didn't really make sense. Can someone explain to me what sense that would even make I'd highly appreciate it ._.
I'd give about a 7.5/10 for it's weird yet charming enjoyability.

I think the amounts of slapstick and exaggerated facial expressions are just something we're going to have to live through

Unfortunately this is true. Even if the writers were to listen to our complaints, there's still a ton of episodes they've already written that we'll have to sit through before we get to the ones they write after deciding to cut down on the slapstick and overly-wackiness.

~Marine Mermaid~

Baby Clam
I was curious on how "Sportz?" would turn out and it was....eh...eh...not as good as I hoped it would be.

I was hoping that maybe Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward and Sandy would've been competing against each other in a made-up sport or something.

What bothered me was how INCREDIBLY naiive SB and Patrick were, considering that they have played sports before (Fry-Cook Games, Pre-Hibernation Week, Extreme Sports etc.) and they DON'T know what sports are, let alone how to use the equipment.

Squidward's plot of hurting the duo was a bit mean and petty, even for him. He just has this schadenfreude pleasure of seeing Spongebob and Patrick hurt in some way, shape or form. Instead of wanting to side with Squidward out of sympathy, you just see him as a petty scumbag.

Sandy's role was so contrived, since she doesn't appear until the last 5 minutes of the episode where they play one round of sports in a matter of seconds. Also, I feel that the script could've been done better as the dialogue felt a bit too simplistic IMO.

Overall, I give the episode a 4.5/10, some of the slapstick was funny but it was bit overwhelming that I lost my attention from it.

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
Not an awful episode, but it did damper my hope for Season 11 just a little. Plankton's plan here really didn't make much sense, and it did have a feeling of being kind of repetitive when compared with all the other "Imitation Krabs"-esque episodes out there. I really liked the idea of Plankton disguising himself as a genie, but how he uses it to get the formula is... confusing. And even as a defender of episodes like "Krusty Katering" and "Trident Trouble" in the previous season, I still felt that "Spin the Bottle" got a bit too zany at some points. There were a number of things I liked in the episode, but none of them really come to the top of my head. As a whole, I'd place it around a 5 or 6 on a 1-10 scale. I feel there's not much denying that last night's episodes were some of the least good post-sequel episodes we've seen yet, but I'm hoping that they were just a handful of duds in the midst of what have otherwise been good seasons. Really, the week of new premieres in Fall is gonna have to make or break this season for me.

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
This episode was alright. I mean, this is probably the worst idea for getting the formula yet (he wasnt even close by any stretch of the imagination). The concept was okay. Honestly i dont get how spongebob didnt give the third wish to sandy or something. But anyway, it was a tiny bit funny, but overall an average episode. 6.7/10

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
It's great in my opinion, I love most of the humor and slapstick and the actual genie appearance was pretty cool.

8.5/10

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
This episode had a good plot and everything that happened was really interesting. The only thing is, it's just not funny. And the real genie apperence was unexpected, but.. um... strange. I did enjoy the fighting over the bottle though. Also, I love how even Patrick knows Spin The Bottle is a kissing game :xP:. Anyway, i give it a

8.1/10, it just needs more humor.

Back