217b. The Checkup

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
This was a really great episode. Mr. Krabs cutting off the baby's head was so funny, I was on the floor. Until we find out it's a robot, but that doesn't kill the joke. I loved the ending with Larry, didn't see that coming. And the way he laughed XD. And the "Ink Sample" joke was actually a little funny even. This was really good. 10/10. Also, the Live-Action Krabs from Trident Trouble is reused in one of the X-Rays.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 11

Episode: The Checkup

This episode was great. The plot was creative. There were many funny jokes. 9/10

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
The episode was weaker than Spot Returns, but the humor and characters made it good to watch. All of the characters are written in character. The plot isn't really the best, but character interactions made up for that. Humor is still good, and wow, the show isn't as wacky as it was than season 10. If this season keeps up, then I will have a high favorable opinion. Just as long as the Krusty Krab episodes had interesting plots. I don't really got that much to say, but based from what Mr Krabs went through, I won't be surprised if this was punishment for his actions in Out of the Picture, although Squidward show concern of losing his job. The best part of the episode was ending...Larry dressed as Mr Krabs is just perfect. Enough said. Season 11 looks to be promising, and I can't wait to see the rest of it. Just hope Feral Friends and Don't Wake Up doesn't get delayed to next year. GOOD TIER

Loopers

Sportz?
TheCrunchyPudding00 said:
They should have had more expresive and cartoony animation for this episode.
i know some people have opinions but i honestly hope you're joking from this statement

TheCrunchyPudding00

Part Computer or Something
i know some people have opinions but i honestly hope you're joking from this statement

Why? Its a slapstick based episode... cartoony animation would enhance the slapstick. I do not understand how this is unreasonable.
Mr. Krabs literally says something like "This is why I don't like checkups" after going through SpongeBob and Squidward's checkup. If that isn't a reason I don't know what is.

Oh? So he doesnt like checkups because he is horribly mamed every time he gets one? Obiously not. They missed an oppritunity to have a funny flash back scene where mr krabs recalls a bad experience or something. That would make more sense.

Loopers

Sportz?
Why? Its a slapstick based episode... cartoony animation would enhance the slapstick. I do not understand how this is unreasonable.
It already has enough cartoony animation imo

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Oh? So he doesnt like checkups because he is horribly mamed every time he gets one? Obiously not. They missed an oppritunity to have a funny flash back scene where mr krabs recalls a bad experience or something. That would make more sense.
He hasn't had one before, which while a little sketchy, works with what they did by making it look like it was awful for SpongeBob and Squidward while it actually wasn't, sort of like a kid freaking out when there's a needle nearby. They back that up by giving Krabs a horrible experience in the check-up which leads to him getting out of it with Larry.

It doesn't make the most logical sense and he doesn't really learn anything, but that's the cartoony parts about this since this is a cartoon which shouldn't be taken to heart, and it's pulled off splendidly here.

I didn't like the majority of the episode, but like many others I loved the twist with Larry. My main problem with this episode is a conceptual one. If SpongeBob and Squidward were writing down the results of the tests to give to the doctor, why didn't they just lie? They could have worked around that by having SpongeBob refuse to lie, or having the doctor tag along, but instead they just avoided the issue altogether. The other, smaller issue I had was the overreliance on slapstick, but there was still some variety in jokes so I'm not too upset about that.

Lumoshi

Baby Clam
This is a fun one, the plot was pretty interesting and the jokes were pretty good. I liked Squidward's "ink test" at the beginning, which I initially thought was a fertility test until it was revealed otherwise. The ending twist was absolutely hilarious and one of the funniest things I've seen from this show at a while, although while looking back at it, I can't believe it took them this long to utilize the fact that Mr. Krabs and Larry were both crustaceans in an episode, lol.

stoicad440

Baby Clam
This episode is not very good... When Mr. Krabs does something wrong, he doesn't get punished most of the time, but when he is actually being alright, something bad seems to happen to him. There were a few funny jokes in here, but nothing very memorable. This is a very forgettable episode, and a light, but still ScumBob episode.

:squidannoyed:

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I thought it was a good episode, but it felt like a short. Maybe because everything was so fast paced? I don't know. Also, the jokes were hit or miss, and it was mostly miss. It was enjoyable, and I would watch it again, but more as a background episode rather than actively watching.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
This episode could've been bad but the execution of it made it enjoyable to watch. It's a pretty dang funny episode too. I was expecting to hate it because it sounded like it would be really cruel (and it kinda was) but I actually found myself laughing all the way through.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
People think this episode was cruel? I could at least see the perspective with Out of the Picture but you'd have to reach far to find something cruel here.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
People think this episode was cruel? I could at least see the perspective with Out of the Picture but you'd have to reach far to find something cruel here.
I didn't exactly mean "cruel", I just couldn't think of a better word. I dunno.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Trophy said:
Eh, Krabs was practically in a hospital bed by the end of this, there might be some merit here.
I mean either Mr. Krabs takes the checkup or The Krusty Krab shuts down. Plus he gets out of it in the end.

Back