213b. Lost and Found

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Hey guess what my friends! SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS HAS A CAILOU EPISODE! AND YOU ARE LOOKING AT IT RIGHT NOW! This is my least favorite season 10 episode it might have had some jokes! But! Man that little kid was annoying and this is a boring episode Feels like the didnt do ANY work on it! And trust me Squidward made the horror worst! The ending was not that good btw.

Rating: Stupid

Rankings:
Burst your Bubble (Golden)
The Getaway (Perfect)
Trident Trouble (Perfect)
Code Yellow (Perfect)
Plankton Retires (Perfect)
Mermaid Pants (Amazing!)
Mimic Madness (Superb)
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge (Great)
Sportz? (Great)
Whirly Brains (Good)
Plankton Gets the Boot (High Okay)
SpongeBob's Place (Flat)
Krusty Katering (Dull)
House Worming (Meh)
Life Insurance (Sucky)
Unreal Estate (Bad)
Lost and Found (Stupid)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
You know, I really don’t know what to say in this little intro section. “Lost and Found” was another episode premiere I was there for…uh it’s never been my favorite but I’ve never disliked it…uh…I don’t know what else to say. The episode makes me think of “Greasy Buffoons”? But that’s just because of the locale of the episode. That also makes me think of “Squidward in Clarinetland”. But none of this stuff feels very relevant, so let me just go and get started already.

“Lost and Found” begins with Squidward having yet another relatable experience as a food service worker…weirdo customers. And then we get yet another relatable experience…crying children. Though the customers are too apathetic for me. But anyway, SpongeBob is sent to find the crying child’s missing toy in the lost and found, which happens to be basically a basement underneath the Krusty Krab. A really huge basement, with some ambience. Ooh la la.

Doesn’t take long for this episode to really start reminding me of “Squidward in Clarinetland”, as SpongeBob starts hearing mysterious noises in this giant basement world. Along with some creepy musical cues in the background. SpongeBob playing with all the random stuff he finds down here is pretty cute and endearing too. And there’s all kinds of easter eggs down here too, so I’m a big fan of that. SpongeBob eventually finds a group of elderly people, who are the grown-up children that had been lost in the Krusty Krab. And he manages to get the toy he was sent down there for by stealing it from them. Good for him. The random explosions in the ensuing chase scene are just the cherry on top. But I suppose that’s the wrong phrasing, since that’s kinda the only thing I really loved about that scene.

Squidward, meanwhile, gets launched into the basement by Mr. Krabs too, tasked with finding SpongeBob and the toy. Poor guy can never catch a break, can he? But that’s what we love about him! He too starts looking through all the stuff in the lost and found basement. You know, this episode reminds me of whenever I try to clean my room and then start looking at old stuff and reminiscing. Anyway, the flashback of lil’ Squidward with a kazoo is super cute. And as Squidward tries to find his way out, he ends up opening a grease trap by mistake…ew. This mistake is what leads to the SpongeBob and Squidward plots intersecting, as SpongeBob is able to get everyone to freedom by riding a prehistoric fish.

The ending of the episode is fun, as all the loose ends are resolved—the elderly kids find their parents, the kid finds his toy, and Squidward gets stuck in the lost and found forever. AND, we get an adorable quasi-father-son moment between SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs…a true win-win-win!

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score: 7.2/10

Back