211b. Trident Trouble

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Dr. WhoBob said:
oh yeah, I forgot about that. I'm not such a fan of the show injecting modern culture.
I don't remember any smartphone jokes was there something I missed?

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
Honest Slug said:
I don't remember any smartphone jokes was there something I missed?
King Neptune was seen using a smartphone at the beginning of the episode.

And while yeah, it does feel a little out-of-place in SpongeBob, I find it kind of funny that an ancient god would be using such simple modern technology. Besides that, I don't know why people complain about smartphones being in cartoons. I mean, they've obviously become majorly integrated into everyday society, and it's not like they're some trendy thing that'll just immediately die off someday soon. At the worst, it'll be like the advanced computer in Wayside School with "a full color monitor and two disk drives."

Growlie

Best Boy
Greek Chorus said:
And while yeah, it does feel a little out-of-place in SpongeBob, I find it kind of funny that an ancient god would be using such simple modern technology. Besides that, I don't know why people complain about smartphones being in cartoons. I mean, they've obviously become majorly integrated into everyday society, and it's not like they're some trendy thing that'll just immediately die off someday soon. At the worst, it'll be like the advanced computer in Wayside School with "a full color monitor and two disk drives."
This just means that we can make alot of Fishbook jokes now.

WayslideCool

Growlie said:
This just means that we can make alot of Fishbook jokes now.
Not in that sense, since Facebook is still a clear cultural reference. Smartphones are more-so just a technological advance. But really, if all we're seeing is background characters utilizing smartphones, I'm not sure if it's something everyone should complain about.

Reactions: Reg

Growlie

Best Boy
Not in that sense, since Facebook is still a clear cultural reference. Smartphones are more-so just a technological advance. But really, if all we're seeing is background characters utilizing smartphones, I'm not sure if it's something everyone should complain about.
I have no complaints. I just have this image in my head of Squidward and Squilliam texting back and forth.

Jai The Guy

Aren't we all bunnies now?
Uncle Sherm said:
the smartphone joke at the start killed it instantly for me
And even then the rest of the episode felt like it was pandering to the lowest common denominator; imo it was basically like a Fairly OddParents episode
The chorus was a neat idea but it got old quick
Really disappointing

Though I do like how they remembered that Queen Amphitrite exists
I wouldn't go THAT far

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Dr. WhoBob said:
oh yeah, I forgot about that. I'm not such a fan of the show injecting modern culture.
It doesn't bother me, besides there was a cell phone in the season 4 episode Fear of a Krabby Patty, and that episode came out in 2005. Didn't seem to bother people then

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
My god why do we have people complaining about this episode already? Well here we go again with the drama guys -_-
Anyways I found this episode pretty good from what I've seen, some good jokes to tell also it's great seeing King Neptune again since The Clash of Triton with the same voice actor (thank god) also noticed he's using a modern technology smartphone like what you seen nowadays in cartoons, movies, & in real life, also everything else in this episode is pretty well good so overall i'm giving a 8/10! :sbdance:

Also great job Ben Gruber for writing this episode, don't let those haters get to you for criticizing your work on this episode since it's well played, I'm looking forward to seeing your future episodes :sbthumbs:
Do you know that opinions will be opinions, just asking :P

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
I watch the episode and i did had some expectations, but still a decent episode, Spongbob can´t control the Trident because the trident is been such an ::dolphin noise:: to SpongeBob (although I´m not against Meanspirited stuff), I would love an episode just like Neptune´s Spatula but more epic and unique, i´ll never have high expectations for a Neptune Episode again 7/10

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
Flat out weird from start to finish. I don't like fourth wall breaks when its not patchy the pirate. Ehh, hey, at least it was a very original concept. I just didn't laugh that much. 7/10

King Neptune was seen using a smartphone at the beginning of the episode.

I just want them to be ocean-themed, like SpongeBob's TV and phone

WayslideCool

Doowop said:
I just want them to be ocean-themed, like SpongeBob's TV and phone
yeah, i wouldn't mind a bamboo frame or at least some seashell decals or something.

More

VIP
Ohio Blackie said:
*inhales deeply*

HOLY ::dolphin noise::IN ::dolphin noise:: WHAT WAS THE ACTUAL ::dolphin noise::IN ::dolphin noise:: WITH THAT ::dolphin noise::IN TITLE CARD IT WAS WEIRD AS ::dolphin noise:: MAN
I know, wasn't the title card just great? If only the rest of the episode matched its quality.

TheCrunchyPudding00

Part Computer or Something
I liked it up until patrick got involved. The episode is pretty fast-paced up until that point and patrick really seems to stop the plot dead in its tracks. Also the greek chorus was unnessisary. I just didn't think they added much to the episode and they never made me laugh. The hilight for me in this episode was the guy who just wanted his grass to grow. I though he was just a funny character to add in. Decent episode. 6/10

Perry The Platypus

....What?
This episode was fun. I've never laughed at the title card before, and the first half was pretty funny. Although the 2nd half dragged, enough to drag it down to just "Good" rather than really good. Still, it's good.

Back