210b. Burst Your Bubble

Amiaprettygirl

I love the sponge! I need the sponge! ;)
Well done episode, couldn't stop laughing at the Mr.Krab's part. I liked that the tables were turned and that mrs.Puff had to learn to drive. I wish SpongeBob got to keep his bubble at the end. I think this was good for a boating school episode. 9/10

This is indeed one of the best episodes of season 10 so far and this is pretty much how you do such a compelling storyline. When the show came back from the hiatus, I thought the show really improved but it still had some pacing issues for me. This episode however has one of the most balanced pacings in a while. The episode never felt too fast or too slow. The plot moved pretty smoothly. I really loved how the storytelling was so compelling here. It's a simple premise, SpongeBob decides to make bubble boat for himself and then people wants him to make bubble boats too but I really think the characterizations made this episode strong. It's really nice to see SpongeBob's jealousy over people having boats, even Patrick. Tho Patrick plays with the boat, rather than drive it, good joke. Ater Mrs. Puff finally kicks him out of boating school, it's really sad to see that SpongeBob won't be able to drive a boat and you can see that all he wants is some excitement from driving. I really loved seeing how Mrs. Puff becomes SpongeBob's teacher. Unlike Summer Job, this episode knows how to switch roles so well. Their dynamic is definitely sweet and pretty fun. The climax kind of reminded me of Bumper to Bumper but still the climax was so fun to watch. I realy enjoyed this episode form start to finish. It was a bit light on gags but it still had moments that made me smile, especially Mr. Krab cleaing up his boat. If there's something to be annoyed about is that the status quo here is weird. Mrs. Puff decides to kick SpongeBob out of boating school, yet SpongeBob tells her that they'll see each other in boating school again. Just what??? I mean of course everything just goes back to normal but that ending just didn't make so much sense to me. Plus it's weird how no one else has to take lessons from SpongeBob but Mrs. Puff has to. Then again actual boats are outlawed in the episode, so I can kind of let it slide????????????????????
Despite all these, this is definitely a great episode from season 10 and one of the best boating school episodes in years.

Grade: A-

BobCarotte

meep
This episode was better than Life Insurance. I liked how SpongeBob was teaching Mrs. Puff how to drive a bubble boat. Also, I honestly laughed at Mr. Krabs twerking. Nice references to older episodes, again! :)

8/10 for this one.

TheCrunchyPudding00

Part Computer or Something
I liked the IDEA of Spongebob teaching Mrs. Puff to drive. I think it had alot of potential. However, the writers don't really do much with it here and a large portion of it is handeled with a boating montage. Really? The montage serves as filler for me. Its not funny or interesting in the slightest. And with a concept with this much pottential it seems like such a waste. The big problem about this is that it takes HALF the episode to build up to this point. It takes so much time to get to the actualy interesting part of the episode that there isn't enough time for the boating school scenes. When I fist watched this I though the whole episode was going to be about spongebob strugling to meet the demands of the citizens that want bubble boats. But instead the episode ENTIRELY swaps focus at the half way point to Mrs Puff trying to get a licence. This is just too much plot for an 11 minuite episode and it seems rushed as a result.

The worst episode of season 10 so far. 5/10

mitchellthespongebobfan

Imitation Krab
I had high expectations for this episode. The plot seemed very promising and got my hopes up. Gladly, I can say that my hopes were met. Seeing Mrs. Puff playing a major role in an episode was nice, as the last time we saw this was in Bumper to Bumper. While the beginning montage of Spongebob failing to obtain his license was unnecessary, I felt it set the tone for the rest of the episode well. I enjoyed the scenes involving him becoming jealous over his friends, especially the re-occurrence of Patrick owning a boat. Larry's role in this episode was nice, it's not often that we see Larry playing a supporting part in an episode anymore. Mr. Krabs boat washing scene was hilarious, while also making me feel a bit uncomfortable... Anyways, the bubble boats looked beautiful, and I liked how Spongebob took something he was good at and used it to get better at something else. I loved how he made custom boats for Plankton and Larry. One of my favorite parts of the episode was when the tables turn, resulting in Spongebob teaching Mrs. Puff how to drive. It made the episode feel really fresh. Additionally, I liked how Sponge and Puff were able to see eye to eye on something as it gets old seeing the two fight. The ending felt a bit rushed, but I liked it nonetheless. It was pretty obvious everything was going to be reset, but they made it work. While this episode was a little low on comedy, I find that okay because it was mostly story driven. Overall, I really enjoyed this episode and it's up there with Mimic Madness & Spongebob's Place as one of my favorites of the season. (P.S. did you see that barnacle chip sign?)

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
After the disappointment that was Life Insurance, this episode was a lot more enjoyable. The whole bubble boat plot worked and it's one of the most original plot I've seen in the past few years after Whirly Brains. The episode balanced both humor and story very well, so I give big credits to Andrew Goodman, who really need to write more episodes of SpongeBob. Some of the funniest moments include Krabs washing his boat with shorts jeans, Plankton's cameo, and a few more. I liked that SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff's roles were reversed after bubble boat came in effect (when SpongeBob started teaching and Mrs. Puff has to drive on a bubble boat). While ending is not a surprise that status is quo came effect, I'm not sure being in a bubble boat for so long would get tiring. All in all, this is one of my favorite episodes of season 10 after Mimic madness and the unique plot really helps it. 10/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 10

Episode: Burst Your Bubble

This episode was good. The plot was nice. There were some funny jokes. 8/10

Cha

I love SBM
Omg so good. I like how SpongeBob found way to drive without boats. (reminds me of the pattywagon, you don't need a license to drive a sandwich)

I thought plot would be resolved rather quick with the bubble boats not working.... but they actually let it milk out a bit and soak in. And ironically Mrs. Puff becomes his student and they go through the whole ordeal. It was nice to see her not get really angry at SB either. A also this season's flowing animation, dang

A

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I absolutely loved this episode! The concept was very original and I'm surprised the writers have never done this before! The idea of SpongeBob driving a bubble boat was very fresh and creative and worked well. I also loved the little role-reversal with SpongeBob teaching Mrs. Puff how to drive a bubble boat, and he didn't annoy her like he did in Summer Job. All of the gags with the bubbles were great too! The best moment of the episode (and probably one of the best moments of the entire series) was Mr. Krabs washing his boat while wearing shorts. That had me laughing so hard! XD I really loved this episode and it's one of my favorite episodes of season 10! 9.5/10

Hazmart

Moby Dollar
Best season 10 episode so far (Haven't seen Unreal Estate), the concept is very interesting and creative, and not a rehash (Like Mimic Madness)
Is very well executed, the storytelling is very enjoyable, and the way how the writers developed the story was just too good, this one feels like a season 3 episode. (9.5/10)

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
I found it somewhat forgettable: not bad, but more like an episode of a TV drama. With that being said, not enough happened to capture my interest. It had a rather mean-spirited beginning but it got better, especially when SB put those shades on. ;) Mr. Krabs' part was crazy, in a very good way.

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
After Demolition Doofus and Bumper to Bumper (and the beginning of this episode), Mrs. Puff has become the only SB character I'd want permanently retired. Well, Squilliam too, but he has been unseen for 7 years. Thank God for that.

When this episode was announced, I was kinda skeptical, since I don't want to see Boating School episodes anymore, after the aforementioned episodes. I still don't want to see more Boating School episodes (besides Teacher's Pests at least), but... this episode was a pleasant surprise! I actually liked it! :D

The episode was actually very fun and creative, for the most part!

While there sadly is a status quo, the episode was still pretty good and even had a very good ending I didn't expect! Good work, Andrew Goodman! :peace:

Highlights:
1.Spongebob teaching Mrs. Puff how to drive a bubble boat.
2. Patrick with his boat.
3. Spongebob's still optimistic at the end.
4. Mrs. Puff's reaction to the status quo.

9/10

Another great episode this season. A very unique concept, and it paid off. Not to mention the jokes here were pretty good, and it had a great role-reversal.

Ranking so far:
1. Unreal Estate (A+)
2. Plankton Gets the Boot (A+)
3. Mimic Madness (A)
4. Burst Your Bubble (A)
5. Mermaid Pants (A)
6. SpongeBob's Place (A)
7. Life Insurance (B)
8. Code Yellow (B)
9. Whirlybrains (C)
10. House Worming (C)
11. Krusty Katering (C)
12. Snooze You Lose (D)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode is boring. And I mean REALLY boring. What saves this from a bad is that I do like the last third with the Bubble Boating School and Mr. Krabs washing his car was epic.

Mediocre Episode (4.5/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
OLD REVIEW NEW ONE BELOW!

One word: WOOOOOOOOOOOW! Yes! This is really fun and funny episode probably the best episode of season 10 i think its funny and fun and the gags are funny and that famous meme this episode spawned (pearls shorts meme) is funny! HAHAHA! I think of this to be a big cool down after me watching Life Insurance

Final Rating: Golden!

Rankings
Burst Your Bubble
Feral Friends
Code Yellow
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge
Mermaid Pants
The Getaway
Trident Trouble
Mimic Madness
Plankton Gets the Boot
Plankton Retires
Sportz?
Out of the Picture
Krusty Katering
Patrick's Coupon
Snooze you Loose
House Worming
Unreal Estate
Life Insurance
Dont Wake Patrick
Lost and Found

Last edited:

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
One word: WOOOOOOOOOOOW! Yes! This is really fun and funny episode probably my favorite episode of season 10 i think its funny and fun and the gags are funny and that famous meme this episode spawned (pearls shorts meme) is funny! HAHAHA! I think of this to be a big cool down after me watching Life Insurance

Rating: Golden

Rankings:
Burst your Bubble (Golden)
Code Yellow (Perfect)
Mermaid Pants (Amazing!)
Mimic Madness (Superb)
Whirly Brains (Good)
Plankton Gets the Boot (High Okay)
SpongeBob's Place (Flat)
Krusty Katering (Dull)
House Worming (Meh)
Life Insurance (Sucky)
Unreal Estate (Bad)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
What is this? A Boating School episode? Really? Oh I feel like it’s been so long since I’ve seen one. And so long since I’ve seen Mrs. Puff in anything more than a cameo or minor appearance. Thank goodness.

“Burst Your Bubble” begins with a chaotic driving lesson, which is one of my favorite tropes of a Boating School episode. I particularly love it when episodes end with these, but I’m not gonna complain about being thrown into one at the beginning either. It’s attention-grabbing, and I like that. Anyway, SpongeBob fails his boating test, like usual, and he leaves dispirited, feeling like he’ll never get his license, and jealous of everyone he comes across with a boat. This segment also provides us with one of the most famous moments in post-sequel history, thicc Mr. Krabs. I want to know who thought of this, and who laughed while drawing it. I have nothing more to say about that, so I move on. This episode also features the back of SpongeBob’s house, which is notable to me because we rarely see it. Also, I just think this shot is neat.

Also neat is this episode’s focus on bubbles. I really like how this episode merged two important things in this show: SpongeBob’s inability to drive, and SpongeBob’s skill with bubbles. I feel like these are also two aspects of the show that, despite being introduced extremely early on, aren’t touched on that much. So it’s nice to see them brought together like this. SpongeBob makes a bubble boat for himself, so that he can drive using his talent with bubbles. And everyone loves it. I mean…it wouldn’t cause any pollution, so that’s a win in my book (even though what would really be helpful is investment in public transportation, eliminated car-centricity, increased density, and—oh, I’m on my soapbox again. Let me get back to the show). SpongeBob getting all excited and telling Gary about his day is cute, y’all know I love moments like these. And SpongeBob is so me-core.

It doesn’t take long for the people of Bikini Bottom to start demanding bubble boats from SpongeBob, proving yet again that they are the most entitled people in this show. lol. I’m not actually annoyed by them in this episode, but a fact’s a fact. Personally I’d at least ask everyone to put in a deposit of one thing of bubbles at the very least, but SpongeBob is far too kind for his own good. It’s what we love about the little guy, I suppose.

Soon, everyone in Bikini Bottom is driving a bubble boat, and SpongeBob is the foremost expert on the things, so when Mrs. Puff is forced to learn how, he becomes her teacher. Hey, it’s almost like this episode saw the missed opportunity in “Summer Job” to actually show SpongeBob being Mrs. Puff’s teacher, and decided to fix it! And this role reversal is really fun, especially as Mrs. Puff is not good at driving a bubble at all. A true role reversal through and through. And just when it looks like Mrs. Puff is getting the hang of it…she gets a true test of her skill on the freeway. I’m not sure if I’ve said this before, but I think it’s funny how in plots about teaching someone to drive, the freeway is seen as the final boss, the hardest thing to drive. Honestly, driving on freeways/highways is easier than driving in a city (downtown in a city for sure) by a country mile. Anyway, driving on the freeway leads to about as much chaos as you’d expect, including everyone in a bubble boat floating to the surface and then having their boats pop, causing them to plummet. And of course, the status quo must be re-established, so bubble boats are subsequently deemed illegal, and SpongeBob must get his license once again.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.6/10

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
Hey its the one with the Mr Krabs one.... yeah... all I have to say... that's the best part
  1. Mimic Madness (19/10)
  2. Unreal Estate (10/10)
  3. Spongebob's Place (10/10)
  4. Code Yellow (9.5/10)
  5. Krusty Katering (9.5/10)
  6. Mermaidpants (9.5/10)
  7. Life insurance (9/10)
  8. Bust your bubble (9/10)
  9. Whirly Brains (8/10)
  10. Snooze You Lose (5/10)
  11. House Worming (3.5/10)
  12. Plankton Gets The Boot (3/10)