210a. Life Insurance

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
This episode was ok. It wasn't too funny, but I did like the sushi maker at the end. The episode is just SpongeBob, Patrick, and then Squidward trying to get hurt. It's just all right.

5/10

Smitty

Part Computer or Something
SpongeBob searching for his pencil located in his underwear. *cough*

2qu23nk.png

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
So I was really underwhelmed by this episode. The premise was great but I feel it was just not used too well and is one of my least favorites of the season

Maybe 5-7/10

I automatically feel that this episode felt like it was from Season 2, yet this had been underwhelming and kind of boring, especially during the beginning. This is more weak than Snooze You Lose, I felt that this episode had almost little to no story to it. Best gag IMO was with Squidward and the tough fish. Another scene, which I don't think was intended to be a gag, was the fish saying, "Driving is hard!" leading to Squidward being protected with life insurance once again. That scene had me ROFL :rofl:. I thought the ending would be bad. but I liked it. The chain reaction part w/ Squidward (I like seeing chain reactions with objects a lot) I liked, but Squidward getting hurt? Not as much, poor Squidward! Ending was pretty solid overall, and the name: The Sushi Maker... sounded cool!

FINAL RATING: O.K.! 6/10

I really felt like this episode could have been a lot better. I definitely liked the idea itself and I really enjoyed seeing Squidward tag along with SpongeBob and Patrick in his shenanigans but I really felt like the episode felt repetitive at times. The gags didn't work for me, especially the running gag of spider, which was done a lot better in Home Sweet Pineapple. And the ending, while Squidward definitely deserved it, it was definitely not funny. At least they should have given SpongeBob and Patrick some sort of punishment but eh. Also Mr. Krabs' cameo annoyed me. He was there to explain how life insurance work. While he came out of nowhere, he pretty much supported Squidward in his death because he wanted money. Sorry but that part was one of the worst characterizations of Mr. Krabs, I've ever seen in a while. Otherwise, those, I just couldn't feel connected to this one. It was okay tho and it didn't bug me as much.

Grade: B-

eltsterious

Why does this episode exist? I liked the concept of the episode, but the way it portrays itself is quite lackluster. There's really no plot, it feels like not a lot is going on. I dig the whole "life insurance protects you from destruction and death" plot but there's something missing, some sort of value. Definitely an episode that lacks in substance for me. 4/10

BobCarotte

meep
This is probably the weakest Season 10 episode so far. The gags are so repetitive that it gets unfunnier each time. Weak plot about SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward getting hurt, no just no. I give it a 6/10. It could change to a higher grade, though.

TheCrunchyPudding00

So it looks like the crew finally learned how to get slapstick right. This episode is pretty solid. The story is nothing special but alot of the jokes worked really well. The only joke that i didn't like was the running joke about characters mistaking squidwards "hair" for a sea spider. I didn't think it was funny the first time and the repition of it just made it less and less funny each time. Other than that this episode is pretty solid, not perfect but a deffinite step in the right direction when compared to the other attempts this show has had on slapstick.

7/10

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
A life insurance plot sounds interesting, but IDK about you, the episode seems to be a letdown. I swear, that title card music, Coconut Cream Pie, has some serious bad luck, cause it always plays in the infamous/forgettable episodes. Not that I'm against this episode, cause there's plenty of moments that I found amusing. But Squidward sort of took this life insurance way too seriously so I find his behavior to be similiar to Slide Whistle Stooges. The ending of the episode is debtable but I won't deny that Squidward deserves that. Although, imagine that nonsense being in Family Guy. I would have cringed really hard if that happened. SpongeBob and Patrick were annoying in some moments, but I like that their devoted their life to life insurance. I did like the TV gag, where Mr. Fitz actually ineracted with SpongeBob. Overall, I'm not too keen in this episode, but it's not what I execepted from writer Kaz. 6/10

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
CartoonJazzLover said:
I swear, that title card music, Coconut Cream Pie, has some serious bad luck, cause it always plays in the infamous/forgettable episodes.
What's Eating Patrick? And Googly Artiste wasn't THIS bad...

Reactions: Reg

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 10

Episode: Life Insurance

This episode was very decent. The plot was decent. There were some funny jokes. 6.5/10

TheWolverine

Banished
BobCarotte said:
This is probably the weakest Season 10 episode so far. The gags are so repetitive that it gets unfunnier each time. Weak plot about SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward getting hurt, no just no. I give it a 6/10. It could change to a higher grade, though.
Kaz wrote this episode I mean come on it's KAZ! He was the original writer for the show from season 3 and wrote such good episodes such as Nasty Patty, Wet Painters, Chocolate With Nuts (I Loved That Episode), Mid Life Crustacean, and of course I had an accident episode, also from this episode "The Sushi Maker" was original and pretty funny, I don't see anything wrong from this episode, it's just an another funny slapstick SpongeBob episode, then again I respect your opinion :bowdown:

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
TheWolverine said:
Kaz wrote this episode I mean come on it's KAZ! He was the original writer for the show from season 3 and wrote such good episodes such as Nasty Patty, Wet Painters, Chocolate With Nuts (I Loved That Episode), Mid Life Crustacean, and of course I had an accident episode, also from this episode "The Sushi Maker" was original and pretty funny, I don't see anything wrong from this episode, it's just an another funny slapstick SpongeBob episode :bowdown:
Ugh you're disrespecting other people's opinions again.

Also Aaron Springer is a fantastic cartoonist who has done a lot of great work on seasons 1-3 of SpongeBob and many other great shows, that doesn't change the fact that his name is credited to some of the worst episodes of the show like Boating Buddies, Pet or Pests, and Choir Boys. We shouldn't lie about our opinions just because we liked that writer's previous episodes.

You couldn't even bother to put up a decent argument as to why you think he's wrong, you just said "You suck, this episode is g00d m8 12/8." Uhhh, why am I bothering. You won't improve until you get banned.

Back