20b. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast

I love SpongeBob lying on the floor leading up to the dramatic reveal... of him not being able to open a jar of mayo :p

This is the final episode of season 1.

Eugene Krabs

Imitation Krab
And what a final episode it was. This is probably my favorite Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy episode. There are so many great scenes, like when SpongeBob scares MM and BB off the roof of a very tall building.

"I got the donuts!"

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
I think this is my FAVORITE of season 1. Nice plot: SpongeBob wins the Conch Signal, but he requests stupid things, like getting a book, opening mayo, etc.

Very humorous. "You said he could snap, just like that!" - funny if you see the episode.

I'd give it a 10/10 for sure.

SarahGiraffe

Giant Clam
I love this episode. I love this piece of conversation between Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy in the diner, because it's so unlike them:

(Spongebob is out of earshot)
Mermaid Man: "You know, for a pain in the neck, he's a pretty nice kid."
(Barnacle Boy smiles and shakes his head in agreement)
Barnacle Boy: "Let's ditch him."
Mermaid Man: "Right behind you."

And of course, the origami button.

A very overlooked episode. I can say it is forgettable, but I loved SpringBoob SquirePit SpongeBob SquarePant's obsessive relationship with his heroes and their show. Who knew how powerful he could be?! :xD:

Barnacle Boy - "I came all the way here in my underwear to open a jar of mayonnaise!"

8.2/10 :D

The Tide and Seeker

Balloon Traveler
I wish I had my own conch signal
Untitled_8.jpg

I didn't like this episode that much, it was pretty weak. It certainly was a huge improvement over the first as it had jokes and neat character interaction. Overall, a 6.7/10

hfjs

This was a pretty good episode, but has little replay value. It had a pretty good plot, and some pretty good jokes.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Used to be my favorite season 1 episode. Underrated. 9.9/10. I don't even know why I liked it so much, I just felt like it was epic.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
A funny episode, but the plot is really all-over-the-place. It's like this episode didn't know what it wanted to be about, and the result is a hot mess.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Oh man, this episode has a special, warm place in my heart.

It is not particularly funny or exciting, but it's so sincere, poignant even.

I love LOVE the part where Barnacle Boy yells at Spongebob, and Spongebob breaks down in tears and says, "I'm sorry, I just wanted to spend time with you... You guys are my heroes!" and just stands there crying. Then Mermaid Man says, really sweetly, to Barnacle Boy, "Now, lad, don't squash his entusiasm. For all we know, he could be the hero of tomorrow. Or the villain. Besides... I remember a young whippersnapper who wanted to be a superhero." Then Mermaid Man pulls out an old photo of Tim as a little boy, dressed as Barnacle Boy and holding a big lollipop. Mermaid Man gently puts his hand on a crying Spongebob's shoulder and asks him if he'd like to go on patrol with them. Oh god, this whole scene is so, so sweet. I really love Mermaid Man's character- he has his limits, but he's so sweet and kindly. He makes a great foil to the ornery Barnacle Boy.

I also love the part where Spongebob gets his package in the mail and he dramatically bursts into tears and loudly blows his nose with a handkerchief he seemed to have conjured out of nowhere, I laugh my butt off whenever he does stuff like that. he's such a drama queen!

Also love the scene of the Atomic Flounder.

hfjs

Revised thoughts:

Decent at best, pretty forgettable, but still a funny watch. 6.5/10

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This is probably the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episode (The numbered ones) that sticks out the least. Still good though.

Back