20a. Hooky

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
The plot is simple but it's funny: Patrick says there's a carnival. When SpongeBob goes to see it, it's actually hooks. They ride on them until Mr. Krabs tells them to stay away. SpongeBob continues anyway.....

This episode had potential, and even though the episode was great, it could've filled up more of that potential. It was funny. 7.5/10

Web Surfer

Banished
Another meh episode. There were some funny bits, but it felt as if something was missing. 5/10

This is my Grandma's favorite episode. I find it quite hilarious, too. With tuna (I've had my location set to something like that since day one of times here), mayo, and the gift shop, Krabs being a father figure, etc. Everything was so funny! It started off at the beginning... but then the ending flattened some of that humor. :no:

8.8/10 :D

hfjs

Season 1's most underrated episode.

People judge by the ending, but it has some really funny parts.

I don't know why pepole dislike this episode. I thought it was funny and I did not find the ending bad at all?? Mr. Krabs was trying to teach SB a lesson, you know his fatherly figure? 7.7/10 I guess.

Supmandude

Squog
People dislike this one?! I always thought it was considered one of the classics. :( Anyway, I love it! :D

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
No comment. I sort of love and hate this one at the same time. I'll give at an 8.5/10, I could have given it a 6 but I won't.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
I actually really like this episode. The plot is pretty cool and I like that it showcases Mr. Krabs father-figure persona. His crying when he thinks SpongeBob has been taken by the hook is genuine and it's really touching. Plus, the end is justified, if you ask me. Krabs was trying to teach SpongeBob a lesson.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
HarryPotterLives said:
I actually really like this episode. The plot is pretty cool and I like that it showcases Mr. Krabs father-figure persona. His crying when he thinks SpongeBob has been taken by the hook is genuine and it's really touching. Plus, the end is justified, if you ask me. Krabs was trying to teach SpongeBob a lesson.
yeah but he went way overboard and it was a jerkish move (I know its not a word but hey who cares)
I wouldve given him a break since he hates to take breaks so he can think on his wrongdoings
but well Mr Krabs SHOULD give them breaks every now and then so SB never does anything like that again
or just ban patrick from being nearby as it was he who got SB on the hooks

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
TVTrophs said:
yeah but he went way overboard and it was a jerkish move (I know its not a word but hey who cares)
I wouldve given him a break since he hates to take breaks so he can think on his wrongdoings
but well Mr Krabs SHOULD give them breaks every now and then so SB never does anything like that again
or just ban patrick from being nearby as it was he who got SB on the hooks
Personally I think what Krabs did was right. Now that SpongeBob has experienced how dangerous the hooks can be, he'll know to be careful around them. Anything else wouldn't get the message across as well.

HarryPotterLives said:
Personally I think what Krabs did was right. Now that SpongeBob has experienced how dangerous the hooks can be, he'll know to be careful around them. Anything else wouldn't get the message across as well.
I mean seriously Id keep away from taking away SB's you know what in front of Pearl the selfish one out of ALL people
it's so immature of krabs to do so just talk to him like A CIVILIZED fish

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
TVTrophs said:
I mean seriously Id keep away from taking away SB's you know what in front of Pearl the selfish one out of ALL people
it's so immature of krabs to do so just talk to him like A CIVILIZED fish
Mr. Krabs tried that already, though. He tried warning SpongeBob about how dangerous the hooks are. SpongeBob didn't listen. So, Krabs had to do something more drastic to get the message across to him. Yes, it was humiliating for SpongeBob, but if that what it takes, so be it.

HarryPotterLives said:
Mr. Krabs tried that already, though. He tried warning SpongeBob about how dangerous the hooks are. SpongeBob didn't listen. So, Krabs had to do something more drastic to get the message across to him. Yes, it was humiliating for SpongeBob, but if that what it takes, so be it.
talk to him again or just fire him then rehire him back when he learns his lesson
Since it worked in oh maybe KARATE CHOPPERS
ANOTHER MARVELOUS CONTINUITY ERROR THANK YOU WRITERS FOR THIS HORRID THING DUE TO CONTINUITY LACK!

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
TVTrophs said:
talk to him again or just fire him then rehire him back when he learns his lesson
Since it worked in oh maybe KARATE CHOPPERS
ANOTHER MARVELOUS CONTINUITY ERROR THANK YOU WRITERS FOR THIS HORRID THING DUE TO CONTINUITY LACK!
The reason that worked in Karate Choppers was because it had already been established that if SpongeBob did karate at work he would be fired. Since he didn't listen, he got the established consequence.

With Hooky, the established consequence was basically death. Obviously Krabs isn't going to kill SpongeBob just to prove a point, but he made SpongeBob feel the fear of it. He made SpongeBob realize that playing with the hooks isn't harmless fun and can be extremely dangerous. Maybe it did go a bit overboard, but I honestly thought it was appropriate.

How is it a continuity error? This show barely has continuity anyway.

HarryPotterLives said:
The reason that worked in Karate Choppers was because it had already been established that if SpongeBob did karate at work he would be fired. Since he didn't listen, he got the established consequence.

With Hooky, the established consequence was basically death. Obviously Krabs isn't going to kill SpongeBob just to prove a point, but he made SpongeBob feel the fear of it. He made SpongeBob realize that playing with the hooks isn't harmless fun and can be extremely dangerous. Maybe it did go a bit overboard, but I honestly thought it was appropriate.

How is it a continuity error? This show barely has continuity anyway.
I mean it is immature removing sb's you know what in front of you know who is inappropriate really and remember ITS IN FRONT OF KIDS I KNOW IT'S A MESSAGE BUT KRABS COULDVE SHOWN IT IN ANOTHER WAY
There I have my feelings out I'm not stressing myself out over this I just think krabs was well mean and sb was too oblivious to listen to Patrick on this one for my tastes

Back