Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Jack M Crazyfish said:
I feel like I'm the only one who didn't like this episode.
Hard to dislike this episode when the abomination known as Sportz exists.

One of the best Plankton episodes. It's funny, the plot is great, and I really like some of Plankton's and Karen's lines. One of the better Season 10 episodes.

Ranking so far:
1. Unreal Estate (A+)
2. Plankton Gets the Boot (A+)
3. Mimic Madness (A)
4. Mermaid Pants (A)
5. SpongeBob's Place (A)
6. Code Yellow (B)
7. Whirlybrains (C)
8. House Worming (C)
9. Krusty Katering (C)
10. Snooze You Lose (D)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Honestly i like this one but it is actually almost good but meh. The beginning and middle of this one is good. But the ending was actually kinda a good example on why Karen is unlikable nowadays for being unsupportive to Plankton. OH! And Plankton i actually agree with you that Karen's screensaver was fat.

Rating: High Okay

Rankings:
Code Yellow (Perfect)
Mermaid Pants (Amazing!)
Mimic Madness (Superb)
Whirly Brains (Good)
Plankton Gets the Boot (High Okay)
SpongeBob's Place (Flat)
Krusty Katering (Dull)
House Worming (Meh)
Unreal Estate (Bad)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
“Plankton Gets The Boot” is an episode that I actually don’t remember too well. I think that whenever I think of it, I think of “Single Cell Anniversary” instead. Well, that episode with a side of “Krabby Road”. But this is very much it’s own episode, and as we all know I don’t think any episodes of this show deserve to be forgotten.

Another thing that y’all should know by now is that I like when they give Plankton and Karen’s relationship some focus, because I think that they’re cute. Even if Plankton is typically not the best husband, just like he is in this episode. But I don’t know, there’s something endearing about the two of them, especially when they’re done well. Anyway, the beginning of this episode of course shows Plankton again not being the best husband, but this isn’t his worst appearance or anything, so I don’t care. Not that I normally care anyway. And the fight between Karen and Plankton is pretty entertaining anyway. I really like that they’ve been giving Karen more to do as of late, she’s a main character after all, she deserves some time in the spotlight! Even if this is a Plankton-focused episode.

Plankton ends up having to crash at SpongeBob’s place, which is good because this is another duo I enjoy. It’s always nice to see Plankton act in a non-strictly-villain capacity. I love how SpongeBob had a whole onslaught of decorations ready to go for Plankton staying over at his house…so cute. I love SpongeBob’s infectious enthusiasm. We also get another one of those shots chock-full of easter eggs in this segment. Too many to list here, but I love them all. I just love references to previous episodes. It really feels like a bonus you get for being a SpongeBob fan, even if a lot of the times the references are towards famous episodes (well, it’s actually not even that often. like take the shot in question for example. Sure, we’ve got references to “F.U.N.” and “Have You Seen This Snail?” and “Pizza Delivery”, but we’ve also got references to “Sailor Mouth”, “Buried in Time”, and a lot more. Not to mention, not all of the easter eggs in this shot are easily clocked on a casual watch. So I don’t think it’s too much, even if there’s a ton of easter eggs in this one shot.)

SpongeBob and Plankton having a legitimate friendship in this episode is really fun to see (even if it, like usual, begins with Plankton being prickly and denying any sort of connection with the sponge). This one reminds me a lot of “Ghost Host”, now that I think about it. Maybe even “Can You Spare A Dime?”, though that episode didn’t have Squidward venting to SpongeBob, necessarily. Anyway, Plankton’s being overly aggressive is pretty funny, I love the part when he got all defensive about it. Just a tiny ball of anger.

SpongeBob trying to teach Plankton be a nicer person is also just very entertaining. And Patrick being there too just really makes the “Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III” parallels shine, especially with Plankton attacking Patrick lol. I also think of “Walking Small” in this segment, but that’s more because that was the first time we saw SpongeBob and Plankton working together in a non-adversarial capacity (and even then, that’s a huge kind of considering it was only falsely presented as that). SpongeBob giving Plankton a makeover is something that, I gotta admit, I wasn’t expecting, but it was decently entertaining too. Not as good as SpongeBob and Patrick trying to teach Plankton to be nice, though. But I love a good makeover scene, so this was full of all the tropes I like. And the end of this segment, with Plankton deciding to come up with a scheme to make Karen jealous, was absolutely hilarious.

Speaking of this little scheme, once we move to Plankton and SpongeBob in the Chum Bucket, this scene is also pretty good. I love how Karen doesn’t even buy it for one moment. And I love how once the truth comes out, that this was meant to win Karen back, it actually works because Karen is endeared by Plankton’s scheming nature. That’s so cute. And I love when Karen likes Plankton for the scheming man that he is. And I loved how earlier Plankton liked Karen for the same reason. They’re perfect for each other, that’s what I’m saying. Of course, the episode’s gotta end with them in a little bit of a tiff. It’s funny, though, so I don’t care.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.8/10

Back