Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
This episode was not that bad, but not great. I don't think this episode was very funny, and this reminds me too much of SquidBob TentaclePants, except with Patrick.

6/10

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Alex Squarepants said:
This episode was not that bad, but not great. I don't think this episode was very funny, and this reminds me too much of SquidBob TentaclePants, except with Patrick.

6/10
Except when in SquidBob, Squidward was totally aware of his fusion with SpongeBob and tried to go with the flow when he's finally at the stage.

It's more like a Mickey Mouse short "Workin' Stiff".

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This episode wasn't bad but it was not good either. It felt too similar to Slimy Dancing, only this time SB and Pat were inside Squidward, and unlike Slimy Dancing, where it was somewhat cartoony and funny, it was kind of disturbing and uncomfortable watching sleeping, deformed Squidward trotting like a lifeless zombie, and gave back some bad memories of Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy. Another similarity was the ending: Squidward gets brief praise, then it gets taken away. There's still funny moments though, such as the giant monster Squidward and the citizens' reactions. Plus I liked Squidward's moment of happiness and the ending, even though it was a bit anti-climatic. And let's not forget a cameo appearance of
"The Hash-Slinging Slasher"!

Overall, this was mediocre and my least favorite episode of season 10 so far. 6/10 for me.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
I wasn't excepting much in this episode. I am normally not a fan of episodes where SpongeBob and Patrick are involved with Squidward due to how much negative reception certain episodes like Celaphod Lodge and That Sinking Feeling. Kaz wrote the episode, but to my surprise, it was actually enjoyable. The facial expressions were wackier than usual (I'm sure Adam Paloian storyboarded both episodes), and they were so off-model that it reminded of seasons 2-3 (and Fear of a Krabby Patty) that were boarded by CH Greenblatt (He love to draw exaggerated faces) and the off-modelness reminded me of Nick Edwards episodes on Uncle Grandpa. I still wasn't too impressed what SpongeBob and Patrick did to Squidward. It was way too creepy and awkward, even though it did ended up being amused when they controlled him and succeeding in the clarinet. Of Course, when Squidward woke up, he played the clarinet so badly that we see live-action footages of things falling off and it was hilarious. All in all, while it's really awkward, it's was kinda good. Not the best thing from Kaz, but definitely not his worst episode. 6/10

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
I have a feeling both this episode and its sister are ones I'll need to give a rewatch.

The concept of this episode had mixed together the plots of various episodes such as: Slimy Dancing, SquidBob TentaclePants, and Suction Cup Symphony, and I like that concept, it feels like continuity to the previous episodes, yet it does seem a little lazy and somewhat recycled. The gags in this episode had been pretty solid and funny though! Yet, I would admit that the writing was very lackluster, it was too fast for the story, the ending had felt incomplete, but to make it up the gag at the end was funny!

FINAL RATING: O.K.! 5/10

J-444

Floating Shopping List
This episode (in my eyes) is like "Squidbob Patrickpants" himself - Quite shaky and uneven, but alright in the end. Sure, it had its grossout moments (thank you, Alan Smart), but it has enough redeeming material (Cola, Spongebob Mattress, Clarinet Dissonance*, Stock Footage) to get on my good side.

Plus, Squidward's loss at the end didn't feel like the usual Squid Torture because it was nicely tip-toed around - We don't feel his pain much (It coming after the great stock footage sequence helps), plus it cuts to the final gag right afterwards (Not spoiling it), with Squidward not showing any anguish at all.

My Score: 7-7.5/10 ([acronym="Also Known As"]a.k.a.[/acronym] Just under the par-for-the-course good episode)

*Clarinet Dissonance: Sp.-Pa.-Sq. stumbling and wrecking everything while the only BGM is perfect clarinet playing.

I wasn't excepting much in this episode. I am normally not a fan of episodes where SpongeBob and Patrick are involved with Squidward due to how much negative reception certain episodes like Celaphod Lodge and That Sinking Feeling. Kaz wrote the episode, but to my surprise, it was actually enjoyable. The facial expressions were wackier than usual (I'm sure Adam Paloian storyboarded both episodes), and they were so off-model that it reminded of seasons 2-3 (and Fear of a Krabby Patty) that were boarded by CH Greenblatt (He love to draw exaggerated faces) and the off-modelness reminded me of Nick Edwards episodes on Uncle Grandpa. I still wasn't too impressed what SpongeBob and Patrick did to Squidward. It was way too creepy and awkward, even though it did ended up being amused when they controlled him and succeeding in the clarinet. Of Course, when Squidward woke up, he played the clarinet so badly that we see live-action footages of things falling off and it was hilarious. All in all, while it's really awkward, it's was kinda good. Not the best thing from Kaz, but definitely not his worst episode. 6/10
It was Fred Osmond.

Growlie

Best Boy
This was just :unsure: :scaredsquid: I kinda wished that this was just another shrinking episode, it would've made much more sense that way.

I liked the beginning of the episode and the Squidward monster, although his creation was creepy, but everything else no. I did like the montage.

If only it wasn't live-action.

KrustyKrab

Part Computer or Something
Was anyone else reminded of "Plankton!" when this happened?
LE5HtKr.png

Back