207a. Mimic Madness

Growlie

Best Boy
As far as Mimicking goes, I think "Gone" did it better, because SpongeBob doesn't Forget Who He Is!

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I thought the mimicking was done better here, something actually happens to SpongeBob leading to a conflict, in Gone it just wastes my time.

Btw this episode gets better on rewatch it's really great.

8.5/10

TheWolverine

Banished
BenPaz said:
you know what's even more cringy. Your disrepsect of my opinion and how you are such a big spongebob fan and you don't even know the real name of the "Without You" song
I know what song it is, it's "The Grill is not a home" and I have been a SpongeBob fan for 16 years now since I was born but still the song is beautiful :cry:

Hazmart

Moby Dollar
This episode used the same formula of "Hooky" "Sailor Mouth" "Face Freeze" "Two Thumbs Down" and probably more, but I don't remember right now. The only reason because I think this episode is better than the past ones, is becuase in this case the story dared to go beyond what had been raised, reached a level where we could really see a very interesting character development of SB, coming to make the story to a more dramatic point.
It is not a very innovative episode, just a good way to renovate a widely used formula.

Cha

I love SBM
Surprisingly had feeling and emotion to it. I liked the callbacks to characters' phrases and also the little chess match between Bikini Bottom's scientists from the country. The gang coming together to help SB through his trial reminded me of WhoBob WhatPants and more so, Earworm. Up there with other S10 favorites such as Mermaid Pants, Burst Your Bubble, etc.

A- (but might change it to an A later)

Also the song is super catchy and heartfelt, hope to see similar tunes like it in the future.

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
This is MY Most Favorite Episode of Season 10; It's the *Dolphin Chirp* best Post-movie Spongebob Episode of all Time; Aside from *Dolphin Chirp* Plankton's Pet & *Dolphin Chirp* Chum Fricasse, and *Dolphin Chirp* Enchanted Tiki Dreams, and * Dolphin Chirp* Safe Deposit Krabs!!

YuYuYuuki

Glitter Gloss
Am I the only one who thinks the French Narrator sounds like Velo from Crash Nitro Kart when he's talking to SpongeBob?

Vincent Waller said:
It was indeed Mr. Lawrence that wrote the episode and song. Orchestration by Eban Schletter, & all impressions during the song provided by the multidemintional Tom Kenny!
Can Mr. Lawrence apologize to us for "I'm gonna flatter your socks off"? I feel violated by that part for some reason...

Amiaprettygirl said:
Is this what the Narrator from Powerpuff girls looks like?
(I can't be the only who recognized Tom Kenny "recycling" voices again)

attachicon.gif
Screenshot_2017-02-28-18-51-45-1.png
OHHHHH, I get it! I knew why I felt all weird inside when that part happened - it's because he used the narrator voice and I used to have a crush on the narrator as a kid!

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Here's my original review for this episode:

This episode was FANTASTIC! What a phenomenal episode! I LOVE this episode! I will admit it, Mermaid Pants, and Whirly Brains weren't as great I thought they would be. Sure, they were great episodes, and a great way to start off Season 10, but there wasn't anything that blew me away, like a lot of the Season 9 episodes did. Thankfully, this episode, which I didn't have that much high hopes for, turned out to be an AWESOME episode!
Let's get started with the plot. The plot of this episode takes the absolute most entertaining, and best element from Gone. That's right, the episode when SpongeBob is left alone in Bikini Bottom because of National No SpongeBob day. The best part of that episode is the sequence when SpongeBob does impressions of everyone, and it's truly the most entertaining part of that episode, and what keeps the episode from being Bad in my opinion. This episode takes that element, and expands it even further, to a whole new list of possibilities, with tons of added original elements too, like SpongeBob going insane with the impressions, SpongeBob's friends getting involved, it truly is a greta plot choice, and is perfect for this series!
1.png

The jokes in this episode are indeed fantastic. I LOVE the jokes in this episode! From all of SpongeBob's impressions (Which Tom Kenny did a great job doing impressions of the other characters) that were very entertaining, to tons of other things, like Plankton and Sandy playing Chess, to Patrick going through the trash at the Krusty Krab, rejecting a Krabby Patty, and eating a drink instead, there's tons of comedy in this episode! There were a lot of really funny moments in this episode, so much that I can't even remember what they all are!

Out of all of SpongeBob's impressions, I think his one of the narrator was the funniest. It was really funny to see him interact with the narrator, especially considering they both have the same VA .

As for the animation in this episode, it's really great. There are a lot of exaggerated faces in this episode, and it really helps further establish the wackiness in this episode. I really love the animation in this episode, especially in the second half. When SpongeBob's face was constantly shifting into multiple different types of faces, wobbling around, all goofy, and cartoony, it was fantastically animated, and I really consider it to be one of the parts of this episode that make it truly shine.

But the absolute best part of the episode was the SONG. Yes, for the first time since Season 8, we're finally getting a song in an episode. While yes, there was a song in the Season 9 episode, Sold!, it was a very brief song that lasted only about 15-20 seconds, and was meant for comedic purposes, rather than a way to convey the plot even further. There's a saying I have for a lot of SpongeBob episodes, the song steals the show. And that's true for a lot of episodes. Almost all of the episodes that have a major song within it, usually the song is either a strong part of the episode, or the absolute best part of the entire episode, and in this case, it's the latter.

Who am I? is a FANTASTIC song! I don't know what it is about it, but I love it!
19.png
The awesome atmosphere it's and how it's a suspenseful, and critical part of the episode, not to mention the beautiful animation of it, and the awesome performance from Tom Kenny as SpongeBob, it's truly the highlight of this amazing episode!
1.png

That's right, this is an Amazing Episode.

This episode is strait of perfect in my opinion. It was full of comedy, a great plot, a fantastic song, and it's really my favorite episode of Season 10 so far.

I have to give it a 10/10
13.png

Now, here's my current opinion on this episode, many months after I originally reviewed this episode.

I think it's still believe it's one of the best episodes in the Season. i haven't had an episode blow me away like this one since The Whole Tooth (And before then, Sandy's Nutmare). Honestly, I'm not exactly sure if this is the best episode of Season 10. Burst Your Bubble is an episode I loved from the start, even before it became known as a great episode. Regardless, while I don't find the episode to be as funny as it was at the time of reviewing it, I do like the story in this episode (It's kind of like the one scene in Earworm where the gang meet up to confront SpongeBob). Still an entertaining episode, with lots of a funny gags, glorious animation, and tons of talent from the great Tom Kenny. I still think it's an Amazing Episode.

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
Amiaprettygirl said:
I'm just saying Tom Kenny is reusing voices again, he used that voice in the legend of frosty the snowman also.
Isn't that the sequel to Patrick the Snowman?

Squidy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The fast food restaurant that only sick people eat
This is just Amazing. My favorite Episode of the show (Seasons 1-4 has my favorite.) This episode is amazing it is a GOLDEN episode and here me out, the best episode of the modern SpongeBob era. This episode has a lesson to always be who you are. But that song, OMG WAS THAT GOOD! This is the best episode of season 10 and post movie episode. This episode is almost as good as my favorite episode but the Patrick thing was weird. I don't ever think any other episode can get to the length of the episode as a whole. I wish this was like an hour long, if not a special episode. Also I SAID EAT YOUR PATTIES! That was the best part besides the song part. This episode has charm and the song is so catchy. " Who Who Who Who Who Who Who Who Whooooooooo am I? Who am I? I just can't remember. Who am I? I just can't recall! Who I'm to sing this Sumber song when you've got six heads and something wrong. Who am I? Please tell me! Who am I? Do you know me? My name could be Clevendile or it could be Freddy. I just can't recognize my self. I don't know if am ready. I'm ready. Who am I? I have a right to know. Who am I? Am I friend, or foe! I have so many features it makes it hard to tell. I don't know what my first name is, but my face can ring a bell. Who am I? Who am I? Who am I? Who am i? Who am i? Hello, to whom am I speaking? I don't- know." Yeah isn't that cool. So it gets a 11/10 if you know.

Growlie

Best Boy
Surprisingly Mr.E really liked this episode.

SpongeBob getting amnesia from mimicking still doesn't make any sense to me.

Surprisingly Mr.E really liked this episode.

SpongeBob getting amnesia from mimicking still doesn't make any sense to me.
he mimics personalities of a lot of people and there are too much to handle all. Their personalities eventually take over his whole identity. That's how he forgets his identity. Because of many personalities.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Master WhoBruh said:
he mimics personalities of a lot of people and there are too much to handle all. Their personalities eventually take over his whole identity. That's how he forgets his identity. Because of many personalities.
You're fighting a losing battle.

Back