207a. Mimic Madness

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
No he looks like this
V1mdFF6.jpg

Amiaprettygirl said:
Is this what the Narrator from Powerpuff girls looks like?
(I can't be the only who recognized Tom Kenny "recycling" voices again)

attachicon.gif
Screenshot_2017-02-28-18-51-45-1.png

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
This was a great episode. The jokes were really funny and the song was great and was pretty emotional. The ending was predictable, but that's not really a bad thing. Also really loved the music choices in this episode. They finally played Honolulu March again! The ending including that music and SpongeBob saying "I'm ready!" gave me chills as it felt like something out of season 1 at that scene.

Best of season 10 so far

10/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 10

Episode: Mimic Madness

This episode was amazing. The plot was really creative, and the song was nice. There were many funny jokes. 10/10

11th

Moby Dollar
Tom Kenny as SpongeBob imitating Tom Kenny imitating Jacques-Yves Cousteau. And more!
"The Cast Showoff", and how. (And a hint of "showoff cast" at the end, with Mr. Lawrence in the writer's chair to boot.)

There's nothing quite like going into an episode knowing nothing more than the title and a few words of synopsis.

The gags were pretty spot on here. I can't think of any specific ones that didn't make me smirk at least a little except the very end. Personal special mentions go to "I said, 'Eat your patties!'" for being unexpected, "Shut your talented mouth!" and, of course, the time card scene. I also liked how it was implied that Mr. Krabs was in the cash register for the entire first half of the episode, with him popping out again later to talk to Sandy. I was a bit bothered by the mix of his expression and his line delivery there, though. ("Right you are, Sandy." to "I've seen it before.") He looked pretty happy in spite of the situation, and suddenly snapped into being serious with the next line.

Jumping ahead a bit, the song... gosh, that song! I'm always glad to hear new ones, and this one was really something. It definitely gave me "This Grill is Not a Home" vibes, but here I don't believe it was intended to double as a joke itself despite having some very nice visual gags. The last note in particular really punctuated just how lost SpongeBob was. It's a very relatable situation to be stuck in, albeit under not quite the same circumstances.

The scene of SpongeBob as a phone with the disconnected message was gold, and might actually be my favorite moment of the episode. Sandy painting everyone unfortunately had another small audio/visual hiccup. Her mouth is closed while painting herself, but there are still voice effects. Fun note about the other character's impressions of SpongeBob, for those who didn't notice: They all still have something to do with themselves. Maybe that's why they didn't work. :b The little formula moment that came out of it was great, and didn't take over the scene. Blink and you'll miss it, but after SpongeBob snapped back to himself you can see Squidward cheering sarcastically and Plankton... looking genuinely happy? (Aww.)

Ending gag was an ending gag. Pretty standard stuff.

Overall, VERY happy with this episode! I'm particularly happy that this and "House Worming" took advantage of traits specific to SpongeBob in regards to his flexibility and porous nature. There are few characters that could do both of these stories the same way, and in the past there have been moments where these traits and others were seemingly forgotten, and not just for the sake of a different joke. It's just really nice to see that shine again, and I really hope to see more of that kind of treatment with him and the other characters this season.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
Thanks, Vincent! Always cool to see the production on these episodes..

Was watching the final episode again today, and noticed something odd... during the song, the person who calls SpongeBob on the phone ("Hello, to whom am I speaking?") sounds like LRH from "Atlantis SquarePantis"... I dunno, likely just me.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Hudgegratskid said:
the person who calls SpongeBob on the phone ("Hello, to whom am I speaking?") sounds like LRH from "Atlantis SquarePantis"... I dunno, likely just me.
It's Bumpass' voice, as the credits say.

Vincent Waller

Floating Shopping List
Thanks, Vincent! Always cool to see the production on these episodes..
Was watching the final episode again today, and noticed something odd... during the song, the person who calls SpongeBob on the phone ("Hello, to whom am I speaking?") sounds like LRH from "Atlantis SquarePantis"... I dunno, likely just me.

Yes, it did have a similar tone to David Bowie's LRH, it was the voice of Eban, who did the arrangement, as well as directed Tom through the recording of the song.

FaLaLaLaLa Un-i-ver-rse

What year do I come back again?
To be honest, is very ironic that Plankton helps, making this one of his only protagonist appearance since Best Frenemies.
Don't forget the other Patty and Planktons pet

Anyways, I loved this episode, easily in my top 20 of the series. There were amazing jokes, amazing voices, a really sad but still amazing song, and everything feels like a season 2 episode.
Rating: Masterpiece

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
TheWolverine said:
The song brought tears in my eyes :cry: It was beautiful like from the episode from season 2 "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" the music number "Without you" also how is this song a CRINGE!? :sbangry:
What makes it more cringy is that you think the song is cringy even though it's not, its ::dolphin noise::ing beautiful :planet:
you know what's even more cringy. Your disrepsect of my opinion and how you are such a big spongebob fan and you don't even know the real name of the "Without You" song

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This episode was good... and that's just it. I have no idea where this immense praise is coming from. This is a good episode, don't get me wrong, the plot was solid enough and it was pretty funny. But with all that said there's nothing that I feel will make it a classic. This had good laughs but it was mostly just mildly amusing, this isn't top-tier season 3 type humor where every joke is so quotable and memorable, and a similar story was done before in Ripped Pants, this was different enough but it isn't revolutionary. I don't want to sound too negative because I really liked this episode but I just can't see where all these high ratings are coming from and I doubt it would be the same way if it aired in seasons 1-3, but that's just me, I can respect your guy's opinions.

Anyways this episode was still really good with a lot of characters coming into the mix and consistent humor. The animation was top-notch as always.

8/10

Edit: Upon more rewatches. I understand the praise more, and I might agree with it. While we've seen elements like this before, the way the characters, jokes, animation, and music came together definitely makes this special. I wouldn't call it my favorite episode but I'm starting to love this episode anyways. I think my expectations for this episode were too high when I viewed this thread. Which was unfair towards this really good episode.

9/10 at least as of 6/11/2017

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
I can't believe nobody mentioned this yet, but this episode does use some elements from a few episodes like Earworm and Two Thumbs Down.

TheGreatServer said:
I can't believe nobody mentioned this yet, but this episode does use some elements from a few episodes like Earworm and Two Thumbs Down.
it's true but the episode doesn't even feel like them that much.

Back