207a. Mimic Madness

Amiaprettygirl

I love the sponge! I need the sponge! ;)
Really liked it, I like how Spongebob even did an impression of the french narrator. The song was fabulous 10/10

This is not just the best episode of the season so far, it could possibly be my favorite second-post-movie era episode ever. I felt like everything worked out so perfectly. The episode has some really great jokes with SpongeBob mimicing everyone and slowly making him lose who he is actually. The show has been going on for like 17 years and It amazes me with gems like this, they find new ways to make our main character interesting. The plot was definitely so original. Although yeah, we did see SpongeBob mimicing people in Gone but the premise here is completely different and it's funnier this way because you see other's reactions. My favorite gag has to be french narrator imitation. I'm a sucker for 4th wall break jokes, so this one was the funniest joke out of all jokes here. It's not just humor and SpongeBob here that made me love this. Little character moments like Plankton and Sandy playing chess, Squidward imitating Mr. Krabs and Patrick actually putting Squidward and Plankton in their places for making a decision to destroy him and Plankton trying to get krabby patty formula by imitating SpongeBob were so joy for me. You really have no idea I missed musical numbers in this show, so the muscial number here "Who Am I" was such a heartbreaking and sad song, yet it's very catchy and memorable song. A credit for Tom Kenny with his beautiful voice and Mr. Lawrence for writing it. I loved how all main characters, even Plankton teamed up to save SpongeBob. The ending was, while predictable, such a funny way to end this episode. A modern classic for SpongeBob imo.

Grade: A+

I'm thinking that this episode was intended as a spiritual successor to Face Freeze in some way. The first thing I noticed after watching this episode was how similar to Face Freeze it is. The basic ideas of both episodes are the same (SpongeBob does something too much and it ends up sticking, with consequences). They both revolve around strange ailments: SpongeBob and Patrick get the "face freeze", while in this one, SpongeBob gets "mocking mimicry madness". The endings are also similar; in FF, everyone gets the face freeze, while in MM, everyone except SB ends up getting the mimicry madness. Even the titles are similar; both alliterations. This can't be a coincidence, especially since Mr. Lawrence was the writer of both episodes.

However, I will say that despite being literally the same as Face Freeze, in my opinion, this episode did the plot much better. Unlike Face Freeze which wasn't really funny besides the faces, Mimic actually takes the chance to do funny things with its plot. One of my favorite jokes was SpongeBob impersonating the narrator; a great example of how fun this show is becoming again. The return of "Bring it around town" made me happy also. The highlight of this episode for me, though, was definitely the song; it was phenomenal and probably the best part of the episode.

I'd give it a solid 9/10. Probably the best Season 10 episode so far.
clapping.gif

BobCarotte

meep
I like how SpongeBob's voice when he imitates Sandy sounds exactly like his voice in Season 5. :rofl:

Jai The Guy

Aren't we all bunnies now?
JalecoChicaSpongebob said:
To be honest, is very ironic that Plankton helps, making this one of his only protagonist appearance since Best Frenemies.
The Spongebob Movie: Sponge out of Water?

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
Just because it has references doesn't make it 10/10 material...

Ignoring that though this episode is great. Definitely the best Season 10 episode so far. The worst part was the song tho it was really """""""""'cringy""""""""""

8/10 maybe?

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
This episode was sooo great!!! From the "bring it around town" reference to SpongeBob's French Narrator impression, and SpongeBob's song was very poignant and beautiful. Plus, there are some rare instances in the episode, such as Sandy playing with Plankton, and Patrick backing up SpongeBob when Plankton and Squidward were picking on him- not to mention the fact that the two actually cared about SpongeBob's problem. 10/10 indeed.

Growlie

Best Boy
Alittle better, but not that good. Squidward's ending was somewhat funny I suppose, does make sense.

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
I love this episode, you see the main cast interact more and I love the song. But the ending was so weird but didren´t disapoint me, also best episode I have seen in years. 9/10

TheWolverine

Banished
BenPaz said:

Ignoring that though this episode is great. Definitely the best Season 10 episode so far. The worst part was the song tho it was really """""""""'cringy""""""""""

8/10 maybe?
The song brought tears in my eyes :cry: It was beautiful like from the episode from season 2 "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" the music number "The Grill is not a home" also how is this song a CRINGE!? :sbangry:
What makes it more cringy is that you think the song is cringy even though it's not, its ::dolphin noise::ing beautiful :planet:

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
The song brought tears in my eyes :cry: It was beautiful like from the episode from season 2 "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" the music number "Without you" also how is this song a CRINGE!? :sbangry:
What makes it more cringy is that you think the song is cringy even though it's not, its ::dolphin noise::ing beautiful :planet:
It's his opinion dude

8/10 maybe?
ofc references doesn't make this episode great. They are just cool easter eggs. I just loved pretty much everything about this episode.
The song brought tears in my eyes :cry: It was beautiful like from the episode from season 2 "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" the music number "Without you" also how is this song a CRINGE!? :sbangry:
How respectful :)

Perry The Platypus

....What?
This was decent, and was mostly enjoyable. The song was nice, and the narrator bit killed me. But it does structurally remind me of other episodes like Earworm and the ending was kind of dumb. Also, kind of odd to have Plankton hanging out with Sandy. Cool but a bit odd.

Back