207a. Mimic Madness

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
That was a very fun episode to watch. With Mr Lawrence writing the script, it has a pre-movie feel to it especially with the "Bring it around town" line being brought and another mention of Plankton going to college. I really loved the plot as it felt so unique. I enjoyed the song that SpongeBob sang. Tom Kenny's performance is actually Emmy/Annie Award worthy of getting nominated for outstanding voice acting (let's hope one of the two acknowledge the greatness that is post-sequel SpongeBob). Almost everything was perfect. The beginning was a little bit slow, but once SpongeBob started to mimic people, it become awesome. As excepted I'm glad to see all of the main characters involved with the plot. That ending was funny and I didn't see it coming. All in all, it's nothing like the people fear it would be. A really clever and hilarious episode. 9.5/10

KrustyKrab

Part Computer or Something
This episode was great. The premise reminds me of when SpongeBob was doing the same thing in Gone, but this time with other characters to bounce off of which is a plus. My favorite jokes include the French narrator impression, the chess scene with Plankton and Sandy, and the ending (which I won't spoiler). The song was a little out of left field, but a nice touch to the episode. And of course, they got to show off Tom Kenny's wide vocal range. I'm sure he had a blast in the recording session. Bravo, crew, a job well done. "Bring it around town," indeed. :-)

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
This episode was just BRILLIANT! Such a fun episode to watch with a great plot and enough jokes to make it one of the best post-sequel episodes. I love the throwback to Bubblestand with the "Bring it around Town" gag, as well as the fun little song, even if it was out of place. My favorite gag was SpongeBob trying to imitate the French Narrator, which hasn't really been done before. Everything about this episode is near perfection. I liked how all the main cast had major roles in this one, which is a rarity now. I give it a 10/10! :D

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
I can imagine this being a BLAST for Tom Kenny, and most (if not all) of the impressions are pretty spot on, actually.

That musical number... not sure if Mr. Lawrence wrote it or if it was another writer, but whoever did it, bravo. I totally wasn't expecting it, but it worked really well. I wasn't the biggest fan of "Teamwork" from SOOW, but this.. this, was fantastic... animation, as usual for the past bunch of episodes, has been fantastic. This episode in particular balanced the expressive faces VERY well, and the writing is at its best. Only one joke I can think of DIDN'T make me laugh ("Well, that went well" - Patrick), although thats less of the writing, and maybe more of the fact that the line delivery doesn't exactly match the situation (that line might've worked better for Squidward, who knows?).

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
I loved this episode! The faces were hilarious. I agree with everyone else that the best gag was when SB imitated the French Narrator. Tom Kenny was amazing in this episode, imitating all those characters (when his face turned into a human man's, the voice reminded me of Really Really Big Man from Rocko's Modern Life.). The Bubblestand reference was golden also! Kudos to Mr. Lawrence and Mr. Schletter for the awesome song! 10/10
KrustyKrab said:
I'm sure he had a blast in the recording session. Bravo, crew, a job well done.
I bet he did!

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
Uploaded a low quality version of the song until someone puts up a better copy.

https://youtu.be/9BrACXIjx7A

babydoll

Bomb-Selling Pirate
oh my gosh i really loved this episode -- and i mean LOVED. it was great and it made me laugh and it had the heart which i feel was really lacking in a lot of post-season-four spongebob. tom kenny must have had so much fun recording for this one. usually i don't immediately want to watch an episode again when it's over, but this one (like copybob dittopants, which was amazing) i really do and i can't yet. gaahhh.

and it's a little thing, but i really liked sandy and plankton playing chess together. (...kinda unrelated, but i really do hope we see more of sandy's crazy and flawed side this season. that's why i loved her so much as a kid and why i loved seeing pirate queen sandy in pull up a barrel......but i loved her a lot in this episode too.)

the song was really unexpected but i loved it once it got going and i'll have watch it again to properly process it. musical numbers in cartoons are always my favorite thing. more of that plz and thank you.

eta: the more i think about that song, the better it gets.

eta 2: "you leave my best friend alone!" "it was just a suggestion!!!" 10/10, would laugh like an idiot again.

BobCarotte

meep
Very funny episode with a lot of funny faces (Thanks Bob Jacques! :wub: ). The imitations made me laugh, especially the French Narrator one, I couldn't stop laughing :rofl: . Oh, and I loved the song. Great episode that deserves a 9/10. :D

Sailor Mouth

Floating Shopping List
I personally thought the episode was great :D Spongebob was adorable trying to make everyone happy and it was sweet how, once Spongebob went insane, all his friends cared enough to try and help him. Also, I loved the "bring it around town" reference and Spongebob imitating the French narrator. Although my heart broke when Spongebob ran away all deformed and crying that he was a freak :(

mitchellthespongebobfan

Imitation Krab
To be completely honest, going into this episode I wasn't expecting much. Mr. Lawrence's writing has shown to be inconsistent in the past, but man oh man was this episode good. First off, Mr. Krabs wasn't being a money hungry greed freak. While there was some talk about his money, it wasn't the focus point of his characters. Additionally, the scene with Plankton and Sandy made me feel oddly nice; it's good to see a character interact with Plankton without immediately accusing him of doing something. The episode was also hilarious, with my favorite gag being the part where he impersonated the french narrator. Patrick felt in place in this episode too, with his stupidity being funny, and not annoying. And who didn't love the Bubblestand reference with "bring it around town." Also, did anyone else feel like Tom yelling at his kids was a reference to his psychoness in Chocolate With Nuts? My final comment is about the musical number, which was really good. A lot of the times songs in Spongebob are atrocities, but this one was really good. Overall I've been really impressed by post-season Spongebob episodes, with many great ones like The Sewers of Bikini Bottom, Mall Girl Pearl, Spongebob LongPants, Sanctuary, Larry's Gym, and Mimic Madness with the addition of this episode.

This episode had been the first time in a while I had genuinely laughed at the gags in SpongeBob. The new quirky expressions were a plus! The best gag IMO was when everybody was trying to imitate SpongeBob, another plus had been most of the main characters becoming involved in the conflict rather than only SpongeBob and maybe another main character. The song was especially very nice, and of course: references to Season 1 episodes: Bubblestand and Plankton!

FINAL RATING: GREAT! 10/10

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
I think this episode is really good! The animation is once again smooth and love the faces on here. I love the part where Spongebob was pretending to be the french narrator! And he mentioned "Bring it Around Town"! The one thing that I didn't get was the ending. They all turn into Spongebob randomly. I don't see how that was supposed to happen. Aside from that I think this is a great episode! 9.5/10

Back