206a. Unreal Estate

I really did like this episode, the episode goes by as smoothly as if it was a fable or some kind of a tall tale! The house hunting parts were the real humoruous highlights of the episode, I personally thought this was an imaginative episode with a funny plot twist as an ending. 8/10

eltsterious

Part Computer or Something
I feel like this episode will grow on me over time. I definitely liked Squidward's character in this episode, as it brings him a lot closer to pre-movie Squidward than most recent episodes. Some of the Squidward slapstick went a little overboard in my opinion, which is why it isn't the best, but all in all it's enjoyable.

7/10, one of the better episodes this season.

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
Oh my... this episode was hilarious. It had me laughing from start to finish, was well paced, and had a decent mix of visual and dialogue humor. I especially loved the Hot Pepper and rocket ship jokes. And I appreciated that Nick Carr brought back some of the older music that hasn't been heard in a long time like Cha Cha Nova and some of the Steel Licks.

Overall, a nearly flawless episode and probably the funniest season 10 episode so far.

9.5/10

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
Ever since I saw this episode in Hebrew/Dutch and Polish a few months back, I knew I was going to love this episode. Everything from the sneezing montage at the beginning to the theme song parodies, this episode was filled with non-stop laughs! I'm glad to say that this episode is up there with "MermaidPants" and "Mimic Madness" as being this season's greatest episodes (so far). 9/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I loved that one...It was also funny...my favorite scenes were Squidward showing SB new homes and changing the theme of the show, the ending with the alarm clock being a countdown for the rocket house, the peper that Squidward threw into SB's house and Gary attacking him without SB even noticing etc. It was good and interesting, can't wait for it to premiere in Greece :D 10/10

Squidy said:
If this had a good plot it would be good. So I didn't like this episode because it has a similar plot to a better episode. So it gets a MEH it had no jokes at all but the first part was good. So it's 7/10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI6__YmcSfQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4KqneTDngU

I guess these don't count as jokes to you?

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
This is why SpongeBob-and-Squidward-only episodes are the most entertaining to me - you never know what's going to happen! With that said, I wasn't too impressed with the first half but it really took off after that and Squidward had many fantastic lines - in fact, the best bit would have to be the part where Squidward imagines himself playing the clarinet successfully to the crowd.

TheDivertRealm

Floating Shopping List
Unreal Estate has some people fonding it due to the different theme songs, which I did find funny, but there are some jokes that go on too long. Speaking of too long, the 1st act does not have a coherent setup, but an idea of bumping on Squidward's mind, and it's pretty much 2 minutes of a Season 6 Squidward episode. Plus, there isn't much substance to the second act either, but it rests when Squidward stays at the new house WITHOUT PAYING and offers SpongeBob to live in his house. Wait a minute, he forgot it could be bad since he hate SpongeBob and he could possibly ruin his furniture while he's gone. I'm not saying that Unreal Estate is a bad episode because it's actually very funny and it's nice to see a generous Squidward.

6/10

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
The beginning reminds me of Suds, I actually half expected Patrick to show up and yell "HELP I'M SHRINKING".

And I loved the theme song parodies.

I really like this episode. It's funny, has a great plot, and I love the passion Squidward has to get rid of SpongeBob. It's a great episode. Check it out if you have the chance.

Ranking so far:
1. Unreal Estate (A+)
2. Mermaid Pants (A)
3. Whirlybrains (C)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I do not like this episode and i am DEAD SERIOUS! This is boring and cruel to SpongeBob i thought this one would good but i hated it...

Rating: Bad

Rankings:
Mermaid Pants (Amazing!)
Whirly Brains (Good)
Unreal Estate (Bad)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Finally. “Unreal Estate” is the episode I was originally thinking of when I was getting ready to watch “Sold!”, and it’s the episode that I undoubtedly like more out of the two. And I’m exciting to talk about it, because there’s a few things I wanna mention here.

So you guys know those episodes that take an integral, foundational aspect of the show, and flip it on its head? Yeah, “Unreal Estate” is one of those, this time focusing on SpongeBob’s iconic pineapple. I love episodes like this (when they’re done well, I should say) because the concepts themselves are inherently interesting to me. Like yes, show me something new, show me what the characters do when something we as an audience consider what simply is is changed. And yes, I know I’m talking dramatically about a show about a talking sponge, but then again, that’s my whole brand.

I like the beginning of the episode. I like seeing SpongeBob take care of his house. I don’t know, something about that just makes me feel happy. And the bit with the barnacles was funny. We also see Squidward painting in this first scene, which makes me feel like we haven’t seen that in a while. But that may or may not be true, it’s not like I’ve been paying attention. And of course his painting is just as narcissistic as the rest, and messed up by SpongeBob’s antics like usual. And this scene is full of that great animation that I’ve been talking about. I’ll try to keep that same compliment on the down low from now on, but it’s a bit hard when it’s pointed out to me with each episode that I watch. The only thing I don’t really like about this beginning scene is the part where Squidward gets inflated with a bunch of water, it takes a bit too long for me, mostly because the joke wasn’t funny for me in the first place.

From here, Squidward comes up with an idea to get SpongeBob to move away. And I guess in this way, this episode is kinda like a reverse “Opposite Day”, which is the episode I think of the entire time I’m watching this one. Even though “Home Sweet Pineapple” or “Home Sweet Rubble” would probably be more related. Anyway, I love how mischievous Squidward is here. I’ve been getting wind of some criticisms of Squidward’s character in these double-digit seasons, and I think part of the criticism comes from Squidward’s mean-spiritedness (I think…I’ve been avoiding reading said criticisms so I could be off the mark). If so, then I disagree. Because first off, this is completely aligned with his character from every season thus far. And second off, even if it wasn’t, I’m fine with his character going in this direction lol. To me, it feels like Squidward is less trying to be the normal guy around now, and has more succumbed to the zaniness of his every day life, and fights back in a just as zany way. Hopefully that made sense. So maybe that’s why people don’t like his character as much, he’s possibly less of a straightman (though I disagree with that too). Anyway, I’m gonna move on. Wasn’t expecting to get into a whole tangent about Squidward in this review.

After a funny scene of Gary being the best and Squidward getting his butt whooped, his plan to get SpongeBob to move away starts working. I was worried that the sneezing bit was going to get old, but luckily this episode does it just enough to get the point across, and not much more. The montage of SpongeBob having fun with his house was very unexpected, and I loved it. So cute. Squidward then starts showing SpongeBob around to some new houses, which is where we get the now-potentially-famous gag of the SpongeBob SquarePants theme song being changed to fit each new house. I loved this gag. The show breaking the 4th wall is something I do thoroughly enjoy, even if I don’t typically talk about it. This whole part reminds me a lot of “Truth or Square”. For others, that might be for the worse. But for me, that’s for the better, since I did enjoy that episode, after all. Now, one of the gags in this bit, I wasn’t a huge fan of. But I won’t get into it. If you’ve read enough of my reviews, you probably know which one it is, and why. Just remember that I adore my soapbox.

After the 4th-wall-breaking gag, I enjoyed seeing Squidward take SpongeBob to all the different houses. The environments were pretty cool. The bit in the restaurant aquarium was hilarious. And of course, once Squidward shows SpongeBob the last house, he’s the one who falls in love with it, not the little sponge. And then it is of course revealed that the house is not a house, but a rocket ship, which is a hilarious twist that, had I not already seen this episode, I would not have expected. And I love how SpongeBob repainted Squidward’s house to match his own, because of course he’d do that. These last couple minutes of the episode aren’t exactly funny, but they are very enjoyable, so I have no problems here. And then the episode ends with a full shift in the status quo of Conch Street—Squidward in Patrick’s house, SpongeBob in Squidward’s, and Patrick in SpongeBob’s. Great ending.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.9/10

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
I actually really like this one I think its one of the best season 10 episodes I realized how good season 10 is

Back