205b. MermaidPants

spongebobforever12

Imitation Krab
MasiHosseini said:
That was kinda the whole point of the episode, the sweet irony...
How is it ironic? Are you saying the whole point was them taking it too far? If thats the case I may make me like the episode a little more, still not ironic though.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
How is it ironic? Are you saying the whole point was them taking it too far? If thats the case I may make me like the episode a little more, still not ironic though.
That's not my point. I mean, SpongeBob and Patrick were supposed to be the "superheroes" and Squidward and Krabs were supposed to be the "villains." The irony is that both SpongeBob and Patrick acted more like villains than Squidward and Krabs.

Vincent Waller

Floating Shopping List
I love your work so I don't want to disagree but when you say a story needs conflict does that mean it needs to a good character and a bad character generally. So for me in this episode was spongebob and patrick mean't to be the bad characters or is mr krabs and squidward? Because to me spongebob and patrick : destroyed the krusty krab, got them beat up, used mr krabs money, and fried them. I'm just wondering when you worked on this episode did you intend for them to be the enemies or did you see it as kids taking it too far?

Well from my point of view, the only one who took " it" too far was Squidward. Up to the point where he decided to, not ,let SB&Patrick out of the basket being lowered into the fryer all the characters were just having fun Cozplay. I'd suggest that it was Squidward's actions that caused the destruction of the Krusty Krab, as well as Krabs & Squidward being deep fried.

spongebobforever12

Imitation Krab
MasiHosseini said:
That's not my point. I mean, SpongeBob and Patrick were supposed to be the "superheroes" and Squidward and Krabs were supposed to be the "villains." The irony is that both SpongeBob and Patrick acted more like villains than Squidward and Krabs.
oh I get it now... still not sure if thats what they were going for but I can see it
Vincent Waller said:
Well from my point of view, the only one who took " it" too far was Squidward. Up to the point where he decided to, not ,let SB&Patrick out of the basket being lowered into the fryer all the characters were just having fun Cozplay. I'd suggest that it was Squidward's actions that caused the destruction of the Krusty Krab, as well as Krabs & Squidward being deep fried.
But wouldn't destroying someones garden, messing up the krusty krab, and trying to "fake" steal money which got mr krabs and squidward beat up be taking it too far also. From the way I see it the only reason squidward turned "evil" was because of the awful day that he was having with spongebob and patrick. This would actually give him more depth and see where he is coming from as a "villian". I would still somewhat blame on patrick and spongebob still for causing squidward wanting to fry them

Vincent Waller

Floating Shopping List
I agree, that Squidward had true grievance with SB & Patrick's behavior. Also the reason those actions were in the episode. ( I still feel they weren't responsible for messing up the KK, and that blaming the bank incident on SB would be misplaced. Krabs is a grown up Krab, old enough to be responsible for his own actions)
One wants characters to come to their actions organically. Not just suddenly becoming homicidal for no reason.

Vincent Waller said:
same here. Squidward did went far in this one with frying them, which bugged me, considering I like when Squidward acts mean but also nice towards them, especially SB but also amused me cuz he was so villanious, so I let it slide.
Vincent Waller said:
I agree, that Squidward had true grievance with SB & Patrick's behavior. Also the reason those actions were in the episode. ( I still feel they weren't responsible for messing up the KK, and that blaming the bank incident on SB would be misplaced. Krabs is a grown up Krab, old enough to be responsible for his own actions)
One wants characters to come to their actions organically. Not just suddenly becoming homicidal for no reason.
that's a good point in there, never thought of that way actually. I mean Krabs did wanna roleplay, so he could have just not want it but he went with SB's option and got beated up in the bank.

Supmandude

Squog
Did anyone notice the callback to SpongeBob's Last Stand? In that episode the sung this:

Freeway plan!
Toast and jam!
Mermaid Man!
Garbage can!

And in this episode they sing this:

Super plan!
Garbage can!
Minivan!
MERMAID MAN!!!!

I personally consider SpongeBob's Last Stand to be one of the most underrated episodes of all time! It's so funny and perfect, so it was cool seeing a call back to it!

spongebobforever12

Imitation Krab
Vincent Waller said:
Never thought of it like that. The mr Krabs part at least, it would make sense that he should be held somewhat responsible for breaking in even if spongebob and patrick are pear pressuring him to do it. That still doesn't excuse the fact though that he spongebob and patrick are also adults and shouldve known better also. I would agree with squidward organically turning evil was good even if it could've more spread out (maybe 22min episode) but with from what I see is squidward just getting beat up most of the episode then suddenly wants to kill spongebob, and I don't really feel much sympathy for them because they never gave me a reason to. They were acting most of the time annoyed me and when they when squidward was wanting to kill them I was cheering on... If this was a 22min special and had just something to make me like them I would probs like the episode a lot more.

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
At first I thought this was going to be Shuffleboarding 2.0, but I'm glad it wasn't I actually enjoyed this episode a lot, and they kept the MM&BB spirit alive in the best way possible. The only thing I didn't like was SpongeBob pouring the peroxide on the random guy, and them wrecking the trash bag. I normally don't mind "mean spirited" things, or S and P being obnoxious, but it's just pretty random and unnecessary here. 9.5/10.

BubbleBass9

Flying Dutchman's Sock
This one was defiantly worth watching great episode 10/10 it was hilarious how Mr.Krabs and Squidward played the villans

Cha

I love SBM
I got some s1 vibes with SB/Pat dressing up as their favorite heroes. omigosh all this time mr krabs is comic book junkie kiyoko yukimara, who would have thought? i mean a comic book freak that squidward is frightened of. Glad to see Krabs do something besides being greedy, I love when actually goofs off everyone because he can be a fun person. really good ep, wow and it felt like one of the SB comic stories in terms of fun and quality, (besides the obvious references to people reading comics in general the SB comics do).

5/5

Nice episode, no actual story/plot here, but I found it quite cute how everyone (even Squidward!) decided to join SpongeBob and role play with them. It was actually cool to know that Mr. Krabs likes comic books, especially Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, I hope this info is used in future episodes as part of the episode's plot. 9/10

Back