205a. Whirly Brains

This was an O.K. episode, the gags and humor were good, but the story was somewhat lackluster, best gag IMO was when SpongeBob and Patrick were trying to find their brains and were putting random objects in each other's head. I also had enjoyed the ending, it was funny and made me smile. Not a lot to say about this episode though, as the writing had also been lackluster, the concept of the "new fad" sounded interesting, but the writing for it was less interesting.

FINAL RATING: O.K.! 7.5/10

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I remember seeing this in the hospital during belly button surgery last year. Didn't help my suffering there.

Growlie

Best Boy
President Squidward said:
I remember seeing this in the hospital during belly button surgery last year. Didn't help my suffering there.
I've never heard of belly button surgery. Must be painful.

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
An interesting and funny concept comes together in one wacky episode. Pretty good. Nice voice acting (as usual.) Sweet jokes & marketing at its finest. And of course, Sandy was there to provide the girl power when that old guy just didn't believe in the fun of using brain drones. Not too crazy, so it's not too much to handle. Definitely fun & enjoyable throughout. For the first episode of Season 10, it's a good one.

Squidy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The fast food restaurant that only sick people eat
This a bad episode this is a SCUMBOB episode. Yeah I think there are 2 Scumbob's in this season but this is just creepy. This episode has the best plot but terrible comedy. This episode is not good because the plot is all over the place, I give it a 5.5/10

Growlie

Best Boy
This a bad episode this is a SCUMBOB episode. Yeah I think there are 2 Scumbob's in this season but this is just creepy. This episode has the best plot but terrible comedy. This episode is not good because the plot is all over the place, I give it a 5.5/10
I'd rate it lower than that.

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
Somehow, I think this episode was made specifically to show off the new animation style. This was the debut of the new animation director Bob Jaques (known for Ren and Stimpy), and the animation is very well done! But hey, I expected the animation to be good, since Bob's a very good animator. :thumbsup:

The episode itself is also very well done. Mr. Lawrence's script matches the animation, by being pretty zany and screwy, and very good. All the characters are great too. I'm also particularly fond of Gary's cameo and Squidward's freakout.

Gotta give Mr. Lawrence credit for writing Squidward's funniest appearance in years! Love how he's naked throughout the episode. And the secret with his nose is funny too. :thumb1:

Very overhated episode. The whirly brains are not at all gross or disturbing for that matter. There's some minor creepiness, but if we didn't complain before 2004, why do it now?
Very good way to start Season 10!

8.5/10

TheDivertRealm

Floating Shopping List
The rating range for Whirly Brains is a giant mess. It depends of if people can bear the zany Ren and Stimpy tone or not. True, you can easily guess my reason on why this episode is mediocre, but I still have more reasons other than the whole thing being wacky; First off, the whole thing is a rehash of It Came From Goo Lagoon, where SpongeBob and Patrick get hooked on a thing, they annoy the townsfolk, it gets really popular and suddenly, a problem caused by anonymous finally forced the plot to start jogging. You see that? Whirly Brains is so lazy, there wasn't much substance in the second act. While the episode's funny, I couldn't handle that the episode feels too Ren and Stimpy and less SpongeBob. One of the weaker Season 10 episodes.

4/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Honest Slug said:
Got around to watching it. It was good but not perfect.

I loved the new animation style, it's very different but oh my it really stands out. It even manages to be vastly different from 9b. The plot was creative too and the the jokes were pretty funny. It seems like they're heading towards a new style. I liked this episode but I hope season 10 remembers it's still SpongeBob because I don't want them to go too overboard with the silliness and to extend that I want there to be more maturity from SpongeBob. One of the many reasons why season 9b was a vast improvement over 6-9a was how they turned SpongeBob's character around back to his pre-movie characterization. His childish side worked fine in this episode but I want more instances of SpongeBob being a bit of an adult like in Company Picnic.

7.5/10
Please ignore this trash review. In fact ignore all of my old season 10 reviews except for Mermaid Pants and Unreal Estate.

Wasn't too impressed with this one. I thought it was okay, but the plot is weird, and the execution could have been a little bit better. But it wasn't terrible or anything.

Ranking so far:
1. Whirlybrains (C)

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
The best thing about this episode is its superb animation quality, no doubt thanks to Bob Jaques's work on this episode, his first for SpongeBob.

Back