205a. Whirly Brains

Singlespeed

Imitation Krab
I cant say the episode was good, but it isn't bad.
Like what almost everyone is saying, its the animation that made this episode good, not the plot.

IMO 9b to me was kinda boring, and i prefer the amount of action and movement happening in this episode over most episodes in 9b, yes i said it.

6/10

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
6/10.

Not very funny and the story was kind of weak. I really did love the visual animation and the callbacks to Krusty love and Sharks VS Pods.

OK start to season 10.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
I didn't really start enjoying this episode until Sandy showed up. I really liked everything having to do with her in this episode, even if she ended up not having much purpose beyond plot convenience.

Jax H.

Imitation Krab
Talk about a return to former glory! This one as well as Mermaid Pants really had me laughing like SpongeBob hasn't been able to do for a long time when I first saw them. I've already been told through Vincent Waller on Twitter that Bob Jacques - the animation director for this episode - will be working on more Season 10 episodes, and needless to say, I'm pretty hyped. The animation on this episode was some of the best the series has had.

I was also very drawn in by the story for the episode. I can't say that many other series have had a plot for an episode revolving around remote-controlled helicopter brains. Or any other series, for that matter.

I doubt the rest of season 10 will be this good, but if they keep on this track, I shall be very impressed. Why can't Nickelodeon's live-action output be this well done?

8.5/10

-JH

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler

SpongyMaterial

Moby Dollar
This is one of the best episodes EVER! Everything in it was FUNNY! I want more SpongeBob episodes like THIS! Perfect 10 out of 10! :D

BubbleBass9

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I thought this episode was ok I just didn't get into this one but it wasn't bad.

Cha

I love SBM
you know when you've been writing for a show for 16 years and you get some interesting ideas.. I did chuckle at Squidward letting it all out though. But I gotta say, that "we've been dating for 16 years" joke was their biggest fourth wall joke ever and I can't believe Kruff is back. I liked the old man story in the episode.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
It kind of scared me in the beggining...some parts were gross..like Patrick rubbing his eyes whereas he didn't even have them attatched to his body...I liked the ''Squid's Day Off'' and ofcourse the ''Krusty Love'' references, especially the second one , with Mrs.Puff farting was hilarious...and also I liked how they got naughty again with that game...The ending was funny :P It was kind of disgusting though...and it kind of made me feel uncomfortable, I tried to enjoy it though and I did it... 7/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
WHOA MODERN TECHNOLOGY
uRoa2VB.png

I think it's really cool to finally see someone actually use a smartphone in the series, you don't get a lot of post-2000 electronics in SpongeBob

More

VIP
Just a first reaction because I've only watched this once... this was it? I can't call this a bad episode, but I just can't find any reason to care about this. The whole idea of flying brains around just for the sake of a fad feels more like a bad internet trend than an actual plot, and just can't recall many jokes, given that I can't even recall the Kruff moment that everyone's talking about. All I can tell is that SpongeBob and Patrick are sporadic and loud and... that's it. I hope that some better episodes come out in season because this was dissapointing.

CakeCup said:
WHOA MODERN TECHNOLOGY
uRoa2VB.png

I think it's really cool to finally see someone actually use a smartphone in the series, you don't get a lot of post-2000 electronics in SpongeBob
one time, okay it's fine but please just don't make the show modern. I don't want it to be like FOP which now uses mordern culture references and devices ugh. What make the show work so well is that it doesn't have to follow the real world. Bulletin Board parodied Internet, yeah but at least it still wasn't modern and it was funny. If this happens more, we are gonna see some really cringe stuff from the show.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Growlie said:
I'm fine with modern technology in Spongebob, just as long as we never have an episode on flying brains like, ever!
You know a place that has flying brain technology?

I think you should get out of there.

Growlie

Best Boy
What this episode, could've done better, is have the bottommites fly actual drones. Like the drones we have in our actual real world right now! :squidugh: I feel like it was a missed opportunity to make jokes about our real world drones instead of... Brians! -_-

Back