205a. Whirly Brains

Wackypants518

Part Computer or Something
I was surprised that Ed Asner, aka Granny Goodness, was in the episode. He did a good job, but the best scene was the return of KrabsXPuff. Though I didn't like the sound of Mrs. Puff's voice when she inflated. Granted, I think it was meant to sound charmed but it didn't sit right to me.

KrustyKrab

This was actually a very fun and zany episode! The premise of SpongeBob and Patrick flying their brains around like as if they were toy helicopters was extremely weird, but it had a good charm to it that I can't quite describe. I agree that some gags didn't work like the diaper joke, but the Krabs/Puff cameo was certainly unexpected and funny, Ed Asner's role as the old guy was great, Sandy's characterization was top notch, and Squidward's freak-outs were all funny as well. But the selling point of this episode was the fantastic animation. This was the most fluid animation I've ever seen on SpongeBob, at least outside of the movies. It had a Ren and Stimpy kind of vibe to it.

Heck, yes, this episode gets a perfect 10/10 from me! :D

Kukimao

Flying Dutchman's Sock
tumblr_of3yidVTn41s2kw58o1_540.png

Goodness me, Mr. Krabs. You can't take a lady on a date in an ally.

Yeah, the episode was weird. But I like weird, so I have no complaints.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Really good episode here! Tons of great facial expressions, impressive animation and one heck of a cameo! 10/10

KrustyKrab said:
This was actually a very fun and zany episode! The premise of SpongeBob and Patrick flying their brains around like as if they were toy helicopters was extremely weird, but it had a good charm to it that I can't quite describe. I agree that some gags didn't work like the diaper joke, but the Krabs/Puff cameo was certainly unexpected and funny, Ed Asner's role as the old guy was great, Sandy's characterization was top notch, and Squidward's freak-outs were all funny as well. But the selling point of this episode was the fantastic animation. This was the most fluid animation I've ever seen on SpongeBob, at least outside of the movies. It had a Ren and Stimpy kind of vibe to it.

Heck, yes, this episode gets a perfect 10/10 from me! :D
That's because Bob Jacques worked on this episode as animation director.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
That was a really great start for season 10. I really enjoyed the plot as it was unique and original (ignores any criticism as flame shields). The expressive animation was the most noticeable thing about the episode and Bob Jaques' work really shows. Due to his work on Ren and Stimpy, it felt like watching an episode of said show due to the humor. Only parts I didn't liked was the diaper gag (it was gross when the diaper got in SpongeBob and Patrick's eyes and heads) and the pacing should have been better. But there were some memorable moments like Mr Krabs and Mrs Puff on a date (the meta joke works because Krusty Love aired in 2002, but it was season 2, so it might had been made in production 2 years before its airdate), Squidward in the end, Ed Asner's role, etc. I will give this a 9/10.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Got around to watching it. It was good but not perfect.

I loved the new animation style, it's very different but oh my it really stands out. It even manages to be vastly different from 9b. The plot was creative too and the the jokes were pretty funny. It seems like they're heading towards a new style. I liked this episode but I hope season 10 remembers it's still SpongeBob because I don't want them to go too overboard with the silliness and to extend that I want there to be more maturity from SpongeBob. One of the many reasons why season 9b was a vast improvement over 6-9a was how they turned SpongeBob's character around back to his pre-movie characterization. His childish side worked fine in this episode but I want more instances of SpongeBob being a bit of an adult like in Company Picnic.

7.5/10

Imagination

Bomb-Selling Pirate
omfg

I haven't watched the episode yet, but i'm hearing... really strange things

Eh I mean it's pretty obvious they weren't going to make a Pre-Movie quality episode that fast, they might never do it again tbh

I mean pretty obvious just by seeing the title you can tell it's going to be weird.

Wonder what MermaidPants is going to be like. Is it going to be turning Spongebob into a Mermaid?

OLDTPBUSER 22

Imitation Krab
just watched this episode about a hour ago. for how simple the plot was, the episode was amazing in the animation department. if anyone wants my rating i give it a 10/10

Smitty

When I first watched this I was really startled by the episode and wasn't sure how I felt about the new animation style. But after re-watching a couple times as well as looking at the right things, it blew me away. The jokes and visuals were funny, the character acting was on point, and was well put together.

IMO For a completely random and over-the-top silly story idea they did very well.
I can't wait until a better story gets involved this season to really see how well they do.

9/10

Fred Mercury

Mylegian Rhapsody
Dang, I should waiting for many days or week to see this episode online

I can't wait!!!

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
That was a really great start for season 10. I really enjoyed the plot as it was unique and original (ignores any criticism as flame shields). The expressive animation was the most noticeable thing about the episode and Bob Jaques' work really shows. Due to his work on Ren and Stimpy, it felt like watching an episode of said show due to the humor. Only parts I didn't liked was the diaper gag (it was gross when the diaper got in SpongeBob and Patrick's eyes and heads) and the pacing should have been better. But there were some memorable moments like Mr Krabs and Mrs Puff on a date (the meta joke works because Krusty Love aired in 2002, but it was season 2, so it might had been made in production 2 years before its airdate), Squidward in the end, Ed Asner's role, etc. I will give this a 9/10.

Krusty Love was produced in 2000, the credits say copyright 2000, even though it aired in 2002.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
I just saw this episode and I think it's a very wierd one. The animation is pretty wierd but pretty funny to look at. The jokes weren't the funniest I've ever seen, but there were some jokes that made me laugh. I'll give this one an 8/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 10

Episode: Whirly Brains

This episode was terrific. The plot was weird, but really enjoyable. The animation is surely different and i think it's awesome. I don't get it why people complain about Squidward's "zaniness." His reaction was completely normal (flying brains DOINK!). It had some funny jokes. 9/10

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
This episode was awesome! A great start to a season, and an enjoyable one. Also, am I the only one that laughed real hard at the ending of the episode? 9.5/10. Looks like S10 ain't bad too. Better change my name. UPDATE: I can't change my name until November 27. Dang it!

Back