204b. The Whole Tooth

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
Captain Stupid said:
Currently, this is my favorite 9B episode. :clapping: This episode was indeed very good!
I cannot understand how PieGuyRulz is currently the only cartoon reviewer who has approved this episode! >_>

I like pretty much everything in this episode, except Squidward being a jerk to Patrick. Good thing he actually got punished for it! :sblaugh:
Never in my life could I predict that even Spongebob wanted to punish Squidward! And I LOVE it! :P :sbparty: I also love the crazy gags in this episode, and of course, the animation!

Too bad both Paul Tibbitt and Kyle McCulloch left the show after this episode. (No! Why did Paul leave Spongebob? :cry:) At least, they both left on a very good note!

9/10
Oh, I forgot to mention The Return of Hawaiian Train for the title card! Perfectly fitting and a great comeback!

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Wintermelon43 said:
Because by the sounds of it, he's a terrible reviewer.
Not really. Just for this episode he tried way too hard to be contrarian.

MrTortellini00 said:
Those praises came from first impressions, they don't reflect on his final thoughts of the episodes. When he reviews the whole season again it probably won't be as positive.
Even in a first impressions I don't think I'd be directly contradictory. If he hates The Whole Tooth for pacing I think it'd be pretty obvious right off the bat to notice how 80% of WhilryBrains doesn't have a conflict.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Not really. Just for this episode he tried way too hard to be contrarian.

Even in a first impressions I don't think I'd be directly contradictory. If he hates The Whole Tooth for pacing I think it'd be pretty obvious right off the bat to notice how 80% of WhilryBrains doesn't have a conflict.
Not assembling all of the thoughts in a first impressions video is the problem. I assume he records them right after the premiere, restricting his thoughts only on what he's just seen. Imean, I also disagree on how he sees those episodes but I don't expect his opinions to be that spontaneous either.

Captain Stupid said:
Too bad both Paul Tibbitt and Kyle McCulloch left the show after this episode. (No! Why did Paul leave Spongebob? :cry:)
Paul stepped down as a showrunner to work on the third movie, he didn't exactly leave the franchise. I think Kyle is working with Paul too but I'm not so sure.

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
Master WhoBruh said:
Paul stepped down as a showrunner to work on the third movie, he didn't exactly leave the franchise. I think Kyle is working with Paul too but I'm not so sure.
I know that. I just wrote that because I didn't want him to leave the show.

An episode I liked. It was filled with comedy, the plot is great, and the whole episode just worked for me. Not the best episode ever, but still one worth watching.

Final Ranking:
1. Pineapple Invasion (A+)
2. CopyBob DittoPants (A+)
3. What's Eating Patrick? (A+)
4. Larry's Gym (A+)
5. License to Milkshake (A)
6. Tutor Sauce (A)
7. Evil Spatula (A)
8. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
9. The Whole Tooth (A)
10. Patrick! The Game (A)
11. Snail Mail (A)
12. Pull Up a Barrel (A)
13. Bulletin Board (A)
14. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
15. Sharks vs. Pods (A)
16. Lame and Fortune (B)
17. Salsa Imbecilicus (B)
18. Bumper to Bumper (B)
19. Plankton's Pet (B)
20. Jailbreak! (B)
21. Lost in Bikini Bottom (B)
22. Patrick-Man! (B)
23. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (B)
24. Goodbye, Krabby Patty? (B)
25. Yeti Krabs (B)
26. Sold! (B)
27. Extreme Spots (B)
28. Mall Girl Pearl (B)
29. Squid Plus One (B)
30. Safe Deposit Krabs (B)
31. Gary's New Toy (B)
32. Company Picnic (B)
33. Don't Look Now (C)
34. Squirrel Record (C)
35. Sandy's Nutmare (C)
36. The Executive Treatment (C)
37. Two Thumbs Down (C)
38. The Fish Bowl (C)
39. Seance Shmeance (C)
40. SpongeBob LongPants (C)
41. Food Con Castaways (D)
42. Sanctuary! (D)
43. Mutiny on the Krusty (D)
44. Squid Defense (D)
45. Kenny the Cat (D)
46. Married to Money (E)
47. Squid Baby (E)
48. Little Yellow Book (F)
49. SpongeBob You're Fired (F)

QuestionGirl1998

Imitation Krab
I'm surprised Mr. Krabs didn't make an appearance at the end and steal all of the money after the Tooth Ferry blew its horn and money popped out

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This episode is pretty pleasant. While it did get a little gross at some times, for the most part this episode is really sweet and really cute. There was some pretty good jokes too, especially the ending. It was also pretty relatable too, so that's a plus.

Good episode (8/10)

1. What's Eating Patrick? (10)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (9)
3. Plankton's Pet (9)
4. Bulletin Board (8)
5. Sold! (8)
6. Goodbye, Krabby Patty? (8)
7. Squid Plus One (8)
8. Sharks vs. Pods (8)
9. Pull up a Barrel (8)
10. The Whole Tooth (8)
11. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8)
12. Mall Girl Pearl (7)
13. Tutor Sauce (7)
14. Eek, an Urchin! (7)
15. Pineapple Invasion (7)
16. Lame and Fortune (7)
17. Larry's Gym (7)
18. Jailbreak (7)
19. Copybob Dittopants (7)
20. Sandy's Nutmare (7)
21. License to Milkshake (6)
22. Patrick! the Game (6)
23. Lost in Bikini Bottom (6)
24. Snail Mail (6)
25. Extreme Spots (6)
26. The Executive Treatment (6)
27. Safe Deposit Krabs (6)
28. Squid Defense (6)
29. Gary's New Toy (6)
30. Bumper to Bumper (6)
31. Squirrel Record (5)
32. Séance Schméance (5)
33. Two Thumbs Down (5)
34. Patrick-Man! (5)
35. Salsa Imbecilicus (5)
36. Married to Money (5)
37. Evil Spatula (5)
38. Company Picnic (5)
39. Kenny the Cat (5)
40. Sanctuary! (5)
41. Spongebob Longpants (4)
42. Food Con Castaways (4)
43. Mutiny on the Krusty (4)
44. The Fish Bowl (4)
45. Yeti Krabs (4)
46. Don't Look Now (4)
47. Squid Baby (3)
48. Little Yellow Book (2)
49. Spongebob, You're Fired! (2)

As for the standalone 9b rating:

1. What's Eating Patrick? (10)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (9)
3. Bulletin Board (8)
4. Sold! (8)
5. Goodbye, Krabby Patty? (8)
6. Squid Plus One (8)
7. Sharks vs. Pods (8)
8. Pull Up A Barrel (8)
9. The Whole Tooth (8)
10. Mall Girl Pearl (7)
11. Tutor Sauce (7)
12. Pineapple Invasion (7)
13. Lame and Fortune (7)
14. Larry's Gym (7)
15. Copybob Dittopants (7)
16. Sandy's Nutmare (7)
17. Patrick! the Game (6)
18. Lost in Bikini Bottom (6)
19. Snail Mail (6)
20. The Executive Treatment (6)
21. Two Thumbs Down (5)
22. Salsa Imbecilicus (5)
23. Married to Money (5)
24. Company Picnic (5)
25. Sanctuary! (5)
26. Spongebob Longpants (4)
27. Food Con Castaways (4)
27. Mutiny on the Krusty (4)
28. The Fish Bowl (4)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Now hold the phone…I know that’s not Hawaiian Train playing as the title card for “The Whole Tooth”, I know it just isn’t…man, haven’t heard that one in a very long time. Not since season 5. Anyway…wow, we’re at the end of season 9! Honestly, this month has been going very slowly, so I can’t even say anything about being surprised that we’re already here lol. And this season was very much a test of my limits, because why does it have so many episodes ahhhh (season 10 will be my only reprieve).

This episode begins with funny faces that blow the ones in “Face Freeze!” out of the water. And it’s all caused by SpongeBob and Patrick having fun with their saltwater taffy. This gives Patrick a bad toothache, which reminds me that this episode is gonna be leaning heavily towards the child side of the child-adult line. Toothaches are some of the worst pains out there, I hate mouth pains. I’ve read something about how mouth infections are also some of the most dangerous because of the direct line to your brain…makes sense to me!

“The Whole Tooth” is, at least at first, one of those plots about a character with a toothache refusing to go to the dentist because they’re scared of them. It’s like “Suds”, except worse. Oop. But it’s true. For one thing, it’s more boring. And I’ve never much cared for these plots anyway. I do at least appreciate the attempts at making the dentist look like a very horrific place. And at least this part of the plot doesn’t last too long, thankfully. Instead, it becomes a plot about Patrick trying to avoid having his last baby tooth taken out, which is more interesting to me.

I understand why the episode does this, but why am I being forced to listen to a baby tooth cry for way too long in this episode? Maybe it’s because of my current job, but I’ve got a fight and flight instinct when I hear babies crying, particularly in TV (in real life, of course, I can stand it because it’s real…there’s just something about the real sound vs. fake sound I guess). Like yes, I know the joke is that Patrick is trying to “Rock-A-Bye Bivalve” his way out of this situation, but that doesn’t mean I feel like seeing this.

Moving on, things are better once we enter the Krusty Krab. The joke with the seal was great. And Squidward breaking the news about the tooth fairy is great too. As always, he is meant to stamp on childhood dreams LMAO. But anyway, we move on to my favorite type of scene—a chase scene! (why do y’all think I like Mission: Impossible, Fast and Furious, and John Wick so much? Well, I also adore The Equalizer, but I don’t remember those movies having chase scenes lol). This scene is full of so much fun visuals and expressiveness. I love SpongeBob’s outfit here, and the music is great. We need more of this music for chase scenes.

The ending of this episode is fun as well. I love Patrick’s betrayal at SpongeBob seemingly pretending to be the tooth fairy, while Squidward acts like a jobless loser about it (I say this with love). And of course, we get the reveal that the tooth fairy is actually the Tooth Ferry, which is some clever wordplay. I also love how SpongeBob and Patrick don’t let Squidward renege on their bet. Love when they’ve got backbones.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.4/10

And that's the end of season 9! It has been quite a ride. Very tiring, very grueling, but as always, very worth it. Overview drops tomorrow, then onwards to season 10!

Back