204b. The Whole Tooth

Well, I got jealous, so I made an episode topic myself :fred4:

The premise is that Patrick has to lose his baby tooth but he's afraid of that.

Honestly, this sounds very dumb but then again, I had not high expectations for Two Thumbs Down and Married to Money and they have turned out to be really great episodes imo, so hopefully this will be great too. Oh and this episode is written by Kyle McCulloch. Not sure when it's gonna be aired but it may air on August.

Discuss this episode when it gets released.

Noah Spongy

FIRETRUCK CLOWNS
This episode may need a rewatch for me
some plotpoints sorta melded together and the story just felt cluttered in some areas
But I still loved the jokes, most of the story, and the fact that they made this actually pretty relatable, without taking away any cartoony aspects.
for me, it's a 7.5/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This episode was great! I love how the writers finally pulled off the dentist plot device and used it differently. There were also some nice visual gags. Patrick was a lovable, timid, and relatable character here and it worked great. ^_^ Plus, his baby tooth was very cute. I especially loved the twist ending where the "Tooth Fairy" was actually supposed to be a Tooth "Ferry". That joke was so unpredictable and it just came unexpectedly! XD Squidward seemed a tad jerky in some parts, but the ending made up for it. Overall, I consider this a great episode and it is definitely a great way to end season 9. 8.5/10

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
I really liked this episode! Really liked the gags (the music sting gag I liked a lot!) and writing, and there were a few cool faces. I really liked the ending, only downer was that we didn't get to see Squidward eat that chum. Plus, Patrick was a great character here. By the way, the Tooth Island scene (along with the orgin special in "Mermaid Man Begins") kinda makes me wonder what would happen if the SpongeBob crew made another show. Something about the backgrounds make me think that...

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
I really loved this episode, I have nothing negative to say about it. It had a solid plot, outstanding animation (as usual for 9b) and hilarious jokes and gags, easily a 10/10 for me! :)

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
It was a good episode. I like how they made an episode about Patrick's tooth problem considering that they like to draw him with one tooth. Some moments that were amusing were Patrick hiding as a toy, Squidward's jaw drop, the ending, and a few more. The animation and drawings are as expressive as ever (Kudos Alan Smart and John Trabbic). This is also Kyle McCulloch's last episode for the show (in production order, anyway, since Factory Fresh had yet to air), so he ended his work at the show on a good note. The ending was nice to see, because Squidward deserves it for taunting Patrick in this episode. 8/10

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
For anyone who is interested: the music that plays when Dr. Mundane appears is "Ode to Peter Cushing" by Colin Towns. It's on the APM site. Thoroughly surprised they didn't choose a piece called "Ominious"!

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
This one wasn't bad at all, no one out of control, only a few unnecessary characters thrown in, and the only characters who were mean got payback. I wish Spongebob was a little more like old spongebob in that he would get a little more fed up with patrick, but no episode is perfect. 8/10

Sailor Mouth

Floating Shopping List
Is there anyway to watch this episode today? I unfortunately missed it yesterday because I slept until 11:00.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
pgh214 said:
This one wasn't bad at all, no one out of control, only a few unnecessary characters thrown in, and the only characters who were mean got payback. I wish Spongebob was a little more like old spongebob in that he would get a little more fed up with patrick, but no episode is perfect. 8/10
There is no OLD SpongeBob, nor there is NEW SpongeBob. Try to understand that once and forever.

The Appetizer said:
For anyone who is interested: the music that plays when Dr. Mundane appears is "Ode to Peter Cushing" by Colin Towns. It's on the APM site. Thoroughly surprised they didn't choose a piece called "Ominious"!
If they LITERALLY announced the REAL title of the composition playing on the radio, then they would have to pay for this one even more. They don't mention names of the background tracks within the episodes. And you made a typo, the word goes like "ominous".

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Pretty good episode if you ask me. This episode and its sister episode (yeah I'm saying that) are an improvement over the dullness that was Salsa Imbecilicus (and to an extent Pineapple Invasion).

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Wow this episode was really great and better than expected. I guess I came in thinking that it was just another plot often used for other shows but I loved what they did with it. The baby tooth was really funny and all the gags worked well. Great episode :thumbsup:

There is no OLD SpongeBob, nor there is NEW SpongeBob. Try to understand that once and forever.
Maybe you should also understand that you are being such an a**hole to him and anyone who criticizes new episodes. He liked the episode anyway, sooooo.
Btw this is new spongebob rn cuz these are recent episodes.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: The Whole Tooth

This episode was good. The plot was nice and refreshing. There were some pretty good jokes and gags. 8/10

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
WHOHOHO said:
Maybe you should also understand that you are being such an a**hole to him and anyone who criticizes new episodes. He liked the episode anyway, sooooo.
Btw this is new spongebob rn cuz these are recent episodes.
I just don't understand why SpongeBob should be irritated by Patrick? He got that in Fish Bowl and slightly in Snail Mail, wasn't that enough for him?

I just don't understand why SpongeBob should be irritated by Patrick? He got that in Fish Bowl and slightly in Snail Mail, wasn't that enough for him?
I haven't seen the ep but even if that's the case, that's not excuse for being mean towards him.

EDIT: I meant "not", not "an"

MrTortellini00

lame funny
RomNick said:
Still, you didn't need to reply to that member that angrily

Back