204a. Mutiny on the Krusty

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
I thought this episode was alright, there were some parts that are clever. Mr. Krabs didn't really ruin the episode for me. I'll give this an 8/10.

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
I've grown a strong liking to this episode, after watching it pleanty of times. It has a lot of funny jokes and gags, outstanding animation and backgrounds, and is overall a great episode! Mr. Krabs' characterization works in this episode, as it helps with building the plot. This episode seems like it would fit perfectly into season 3, with all of the other Krusty Krew themed episodes! Overall I would give this episode a 9.5/10, a great episode.

Cha

I love SBM
Hey it's Mr. Long Tan & Handsome and he's talking normally. Man these dimwitted customers (like usual Bikini Bottomites) shifted the blame onto others often lol. Was glad when the current swept away Mr. Krabs tbh even though his crazy rants were kinda amusing. Plus they even wonder why he's such in a grumpy mood today, at least they acknowledged it? Reminded me of when he when bat crazy in Sandy, SpongeBob & the Worm. OMG the first dime, but why is it so small now? I love callbacks the show has been doing lately. Good episode.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This episode just gets worse on rewatch. There's very few jokes that work, the pacing is off, there is very little to the story, and Mr. Krabs doesn't go through any character arc or repercussions. This had a great idea and fell flat. The main problem is that there's very little structure, the episode just goes in all sorts of directions until it wants to end, it could be fine if it was funny but it was Mr. Krabs is cheap jokes that I've seen a million times before.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I overall liked how they tried to make everyone's character a little bit of ironic .. I mean they quickly characterized Squidward as Captain and I liked how Squidward was like "Uh please of course I am the captain" and then Mr Krabs got jealous , it was funny to see someone be jealous just because of that.. Also , I laughed with the scene that Squidward got eaten by the giant monster and Mr.Krabs fight with it .. The leg part was kind of gross but still didn't matter to me .. It was kind of boring in the begginging and it took some while to get to the actual plot ( ex. Everyone trying to prove Mr Krabs is not Captain and not getting him out of the barrel but then Mr Krabs suddenly falls into the hurricane ) but still it didn't really matter , the second half of the episode was more appealing and amusing I'd say .. An 8/10 from me . Overall , a nice episode to watch (BTW it may air on January 2 , 2017 here in Greece -it is still not confirmed- ) :)

EDIT : I re-watched it today in Greek (it aired today , first new episode in Greece for 2017) and I loved it, I still agree with what I wrote, but, now I change the rating to 10/10

Reactions: Reg

mitchellthespongebobfan

Imitation Krab
I had to watch this episode several times to get a sense of what I thought about it. I think I've finally come to the conclusion that I actually do quiet enjoy it. When first watched, it didn't appeal to me. I still believe that this episode has little humor and has pacing problems. But, after I re watched it, what changed is that I appreciated the creativity. I mean, we haven't really seem an episode like this, or even the appearance of a rip tide in a show based solely underwater. The rip tide was one of the things I loved about this episode, as it seemed very unique. I also enjoyed the return of Octavius Rex, along with his repeating line, "Well that was anti-climatic." Other things I enjoyed were Spongebob steering the Krusty Krab with one of the tables as a steering wheel, Squidward being voted head captain of the "ship", and Krabs beat down on the monster at the end. There's a lot of good stuff there, it's just that there's a gap in the middle of the episode where nothing happens for a long time. There's negatives about this episode too; Krabs cheapness was in it's higher ranger during the events of Mutiny on the Krusty, and also Eugene's first dime was different in this episode, which kind of ticked me off. So, overall, I'd call this episode good, but I understand why many people consider it bad.

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
While some gags got repetitive after a while, this episode had a decent but still fairly interesting beginning and a slightly better ending. I did like the involvement of the customers and how they were scared of the tornado hitting the KK (was that what it was?) but they were slightly annoying by respecting Squidward, calling him their captain, and then suddenly blaming him for Mr Krabs' departure. Overall, it was good, I enjoyed seeing Johnny Elaine the fish head at the start and it was a bit funny, but Mr Krabs' greed and the forgettable plot with the monster means I'd unlikely watch it again.

Mr. Krabs being a jerk is fine with me if it's handled well. Sadly, I don't think it was here. Also, I'm highly conflicted on whether or not I should root for or against Squidward. He doesn't help Mr. Krabs out of the barrow, but the crowd turns against him, and then helps him, again and again. In fact, most of the episode is the costumers doing that. This episode isn't that funny, either. The only joke I remember laughing at was "That was anticlimactic." 4/10

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Mutiny on the Krusty (S9-E204-A)

I don't like this episode, but I do like the ending. Mr. Krabs was insane and greedy in this episode. I laughed so hard at the "MY LEG!!!" joke after SpongeBob cuts the nickle, causing the blade to fly to the fish and sliced to death. (Assume that the fish who was cut by the blade and yelled "MY LEG!!!" is the brown fish Fred.)

Final Score = 4/10

Another episode that has flaws. Mr. Krabs was a jerk here, the plot is weak, and the overall episode could have used a few more jokes. But like Food Con, this episode wasn't TOO bad.

Ranking so far:
1. Pineapple Invasion (A+)
2. CopyBob DittoPants (A+)
3. What's Eating Patrick? (A+)
4. Larry's Gym (A+)
5. License to Milkshake (A)
6. Tutor Sauce (A)
7. Evil Spatula (A)
8. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
9. Patrick! The Game (A)
10. Snail Mail (A)
11. Pull Up a Barrel (A)
12. Bulletin Board (A)
13. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
14. Sharks vs. Pods (A)
15. Lame and Fortune (B)
16. Salsa Imbecilicus (B)
17. Bumper to Bumper (B)
18. Plankton's Pet (B)
19. Jailbreak! (B)
20. Lost in Bikini Bottom (B)
21. Patrick-Man! (B)
22. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (B)
23. Goodbye, Krabby Patty? (B)
24. Yeti Krabs (B)
25. Sold! (B)
26. Extreme Spots (B)
27. Mall Girl Pearl (B)
28. Squid Plus One (B)
29. Safe Deposit Krabs (B)
30. Gary's New Toy (B)
31. Company Picnic (B)
32. Don't Look Now (C)
33. Squirrel Record (C)
34. Sandy's Nutmare (C)
35. The Executive Treatment (C)
36. Two Thumbs Down (C)
37. The Fish Bowl (C)
38. Seance Shmeance (C)
39. SpongeBob LongPants (C)
40. Food Con Castaways (D)
41. Sanctuary! (D)
42. Mutiny on the Krusty (D)
43. Squid Defense (D)
44. Kenny the Cat (D)
45. Married to Money (E)
46. Squid Baby (E)
47. Little Yellow Book (F)
48. SpongeBob You're Fired (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Didn't like this one. The story went nowhere for the most part and Mr. Krabs is very annoying. If there's one good thing I can say about this episode it's that the visuals are really cool, but that's about it.

Bad episode (4/10)

1. What's Eating Patrick? (10)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (9)
3. Plankton's Pet (9)
4. Bulletin Board (8)
5. Sold! (8)
6. Goodbye, Krabby Patty? (8)
7. Squid Plus One (8)
8. Sharks vs. Pods (8)
9. Pull up a Barrel (8)
10. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8)
11. Mall Girl Pearl (7)
12. Tutor Sauce (7)
13. Eek, an Urchin! (7)
14. Pineapple Invasion (7)
15. Lame and Fortune (7)
16. Larry's Gym (7)
17. Jailbreak (7)
18. Copybob Dittopants (7)
19. Sandy's Nutmare (7)
20. License to Milkshake (6)
21. Patrick! the Game (6)
22. Lost in Bikini Bottom (6)
23. Snail Mail (6)
24. Extreme Spots (6)
25. The Executive Treatment (6)
26. Safe Deposit Krabs (6)
27. Squid Defense (6)
28. Gary's New Toy (6)
29. Bumper to Bumper (6)
30. Squirrel Record (5)
31. Séance Schméance (5)
32. Two Thumbs Down (5)
33. Patrick-Man! (5)
34. Salsa Imbecilicus (5)
35. Married to Money (5)
36. Evil Spatula (5)
37. Company Picnic (5)
38. Kenny the Cat (5)
39. Sanctuary! (5)
40. Spongebob Longpants (4)
41. Food Con Castaways (4)
42. Mutiny on the Krusty (4)
43. The Fish Bowl (4)
44. Yeti Krabs (4)
45. Don't Look Now (4)
46. Squid Baby (3)
47. Little Yellow Book (2)
48. Spongebob, You're Fired! (2)

As for the standalone 9b rating:

1. What's Eating Patrick? (10)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (9)
3. Bulletin Board (8)
4. Sold! (8)
5. Goodbye, Krabby Patty? (8)
6. Squid Plus One (8)
7. Sharks vs. Pods (8)
8. Pull Up A Barrel (8)
9. Mall Girl Pearl (7)
10. Tutor Sauce (7)
11. Pineapple Invasion (7)
12. Lame and Fortune (7)
13. Larry's Gym (7)
14. Copybob Dittopants (7)
15. Sandy's Nutmare (7)
16. Patrick! the Game (6)
17. Lost in Bikini Bottom (6)
18. Snail Mail (6)
19. The Executive Treatment (6)
20. Two Thumbs Down (5)
21. Salsa Imbecilicus (5)
22. Married to Money (5)
23. Company Picnic (5)
24. Sanctuary! (5)
25. Spongebob Longpants (4)
26. Food Con Castaways (4)
27. Mutiny on the Krusty (4)
28. The Fish Bowl (4)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
“Mutiny on the Krusty” reminds me a lot of “Pull Up A Barrel”, to the point where I get the two confused from time to time. What can I say? They both involve Mr. Krabs and navy/pirate vibes. And the Krusty Krab too, but that’s a given when Mr. Krabs is concerned. This episode also reminds me of “Pineapple Fever” and “SpongeHenge”, because of the weather aspect.

This episode starts off with a report about the weather, followed by some great visual gags. That’s what we like to see! Wasting no time getting in on that entertainment content. And of course, Mr. Krabs isn’t phased by this bad weather at all, not like SpongeBob and Squidward are. SpongeBob’s little reenactment here is pretty funny. Of course, it doesn’t take long for the Krusty Krab to be carried away by the rip current, and the one to save the day isn’t Mr. Krabs, but SpongeBob, who turns the restaurant into a ship. I just love how SpongeBob’s ability to commandeer things varies from episode to episode. I’ve mentioned this recently in I think my “Snail Mail” review. It’s just funny.

I like how for once, the customers in this episode actually have a problem with Mr. Krabs’ money-grubbing ways. It’s for once realistic. Not that I need realism in the show about the talking sponge, but you know what I mean. The customers get so tired of Mr. Krabs’ tyrannical ways, that when they see Squidward as their new captain, they’re ready to literally flog Mr. Krabs, tie him up, and not put the past behind them (lol). But of course, these are Bikini Bottomites, so when they do actually lose Mr. Krabs, they immediately blame Squidward. Yeah, these Bikini Bottomites are utterly useless, like they usually are. But they’re entertaining at least.

Mr. Krabs crashes back into the scene, and I love how petty he is, making the Bikini Bottomites beg for him to do something. He deserves to be a little petty. SpongeBob in this part is so great (he’s been great all episode), him being devious in getting Mr. Krabs to come back by threatening to spend his first time is fantastic. It’s like they called forth the SpongeBob from “Can You Spare A Dime?” just for me. Anyway, the scene of Mr. Krabs vs. the monster is enjoyable, with lots of fun visuals. And the ending of this episode is so cute, I love how SpongeBob, because he always believed in Mr. Krabs, isn’t forced to mush with the rest of the restaurant-goers + Squidward. It’s those quasi crumbs, y’all already know.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.4/10

Back